- Volume 10 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Maximum Efficiency Operation of Three-Level T-type Inverter for Low-Voltage and Low-Power Home Appliances
- Shin, Seung-Min ;
- Ahn, Jung-Hoon ;
- Lee, Byoung-Kuk
- Received : 2014.09.23
- Accepted : 2014.10.03
- Published : 2015.03.01
This paper proposes a maximum efficiency operation strategy for three-level T-type inverter in entire operation areas. The three-level T-type inverter has higher and lower efficiency areas compared with two-level inverter. The proposed strategy aims to operate in the maximum efficiency point for the low-voltage and low-power home appliances. The three-level T-type inverter is analyzed in detail, and the two operation mode selection strategy is developed. The proposed algorithm is verified by theoretical analysis and experimental results.
Three-level inverter;T-type inverter;Maximum efficiency operation;Low-voltage home appliance
- Felipe J. C. Padilha, Walter Issamu Suemitsu, Maria Dias Bellar, and Plutarcho Maravilha Lourenco, “Low-Cost Gate Drive Circuit for Three-level Neutral-Point-Clamped Voltage-Source Inverter,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 1196-1204, Apr. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2008.2007554
- Mario Schweizer, Johann W. Kolar, “Design and Implementation of a Highly Efficiency Three-Level T-Type Converter for Low-Voltage Applications,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 889-907, Feb. 2013.
- Ui-Min Choi, Kyo-Beum Lee, Frede Blaabjerg, “Diagnosis and Tolerant Strategy of an Open-Switch Fault for T-Type Three-Level Inverter Systems,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 495-508, Jan / Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2013.2269531
- K. Komatsu, M. Yatsu, S. Miyashita, S. Okita, H. Nakazawa, S. Igarashi, Y. Takahashi, Y. Okuma, Y. Seki, and T. Fujihira, “New IGBT Modules for Advanced Neutral-Point-Clamped 3-Level Power Converters,” in Conf. Rec. IPEC, pp. 523-527, June. 2010.
- Suleiman M. Sharkh, Mohammad A. Abusara, Georgios I. Orfanoudakis, and Babar Hussain, `Loss Comparison of Two- and Three-Level Inverter Topologies: Power Electronic Converter for Microgrids, John Wiley & Sons, 2014.
- Schweiser. M, Feiedli, and Kolar. W, “Comparative Evaluation of Advanced Three-Level Inverter / Converter Topologies against Two-Level Systems,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 5515-5527, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2233698
- Felipe J. C. Padilha, Walter Issamu Suemitsu, Maria Dias Bellar, and Plutarcho Maravilha Lourenco, “A Hybrid Cascade Converter Topology with Series-Connected Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Diode-Clamped H-Bridge Cells,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 51-65, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2009.2031115
- Felipe J. C. Padilha, Walter Issamu Suemitsu, Maria Dias Bellar, and Plutarcho Maravilha Lourenco, “Modified DC-Link Voltage Balancing Algorithm for a 3-Level Neutral Point Clamped (NPC) Traction Inverter Based Electric Vehicle PMSM Drive,” in Proc. Annual Conf. of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, Vienna, Austria, pp. 4660-4665, Nov. 2013.
- Emre ün and Ahmet M. Hava, “A Near-State PWM Method with Reduced Switching Losses and Reduced Common-Mode Voltage for Three-Phase Voltage Source Inverters,” IEEE Trans. Industry Applications, vol.45, no.2, pp.782-793, Mar. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2013580
- H. Abu-Rub, J. Holtz, J. Rodriguez, and G. Baoming, “Medium Voltage Multilevel Converters: State of the art, Challenges and Requirements in Industrial Applications,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 8, pp. 2581-2596, Aug. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2043039
- J. Rodriguez, S. Bernet, P. K. Steimer, and I. E. Lizama, “A Survey on Neutral-Point-Clamped Inverters,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 57, no. 7, pp. 2219-2230, Jul. 2009.
- Dordevic. O, Jones. M, and Levi E, “A Comparison of Carrier-Based and Space Vector PWM Technique for the Three-Level Five-Phase Voltage Source Inverter,” IEEE Trans. Industrial Informatics, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 609-619, May. 2009.
- Abhijit Choudhury, Pragasen Pillay, M. Amar and Sheldon S. Williamson, “Performance Comparison study of Two and Three-Level Inverter for Electric Vehicle Application,” Transportation Electrification Conference and Expo (ITEC), 2014 IEEE, Dearborn, USA, June. 2014.
- Hojoon Shin and Jung-Ik Ha, “Phase Current Reconstructions from DC-Link Currents in Three-Phase Three-Level PWM Inverters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electronics, vol. 29, no. 2, pp. 582-593, Feb. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2013.2257866
- Jun-ichi Itoh, Takumi Ogura, “Evaluation of Total Loss for An Inverter and Motor by Applying Modulation Strategies,” in Proceedings of IEEE EPE, 2010, pp. S12-21-S12-28, Ohrid, Macedonia, Sept 2010.
- M. Schweizer, I. Lizama, T. Friedli, and J. W. Kolar, “Comparison of the chip area usage of 2-level and 3-level voltage source converter Topologies,” in Proc. 36th Annu. Conf. IEEE Ind. Electron., pp. 391-396, Nov. 2012.
- R. Teichmann and S. Bernet, “A comparison of threelevel converters versus two-level converters for lowvoltage drives, tractions, and utility applications,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., vol. 41, no. 3, pp. 855-865, May/Jun. 2005. 391-396, Nov. 2012.
- The DC-link Voltage Balancing of the Three-Level T-type Inverter Using the Predictive Control vol.65, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2016.65.2.311
- Design and performance analysis of the three-level isolated DC-DC converter with the nanocyrstalline core transformer vol.42, pp.28, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2017.02.158
- A PCS Control Strategy for Hybrid ESS with Function of Emergency Power Supply vol.21, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2016.21.4.302
- T-Type Multilevel Converter Topologies: A Comprehensive Review pp.2191-4281, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-018-3506-6
- A Four-Level T-Type Neutral Point Piloted Inverter for Solar Energy Applications vol.11, pp.6, 2018, https://doi.org/10.3390/en11061546