- Volume 9 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Differences of Organizational Health and Customer Orientation by the Hospital Ownership
병원설립주체별 간호조직건강성이 고객지향성에 미치는 영향
- Lee, Gyu-Hee (Department of Health Care Administration, Kosin University) ;
- Oh, Chang-Seok (Department of Healthcare Management, Youngsan University) ;
- Cho, Kyoung-Won (Department of Health Care Administration, Kosin University)
- Received : 2015.08.01
- Accepted : 2015.09.21
- Published : 2015.09.30
Objectives : This study was conducted to verify the influence organizational health has on customer orientation by hospital ownership. Methods : This survey was conducted on a public hospital, private hospital, and religious hospital, respectively, during March 2014 and a total of 210 questionnaires were used in the analysis. ANOVA and regression analysis were used to analyze the collected data. Results : The management environment factor of organizational health was statistically significant in the public hospital compared to the private hospital. The reliability factor of customer organization was statistically significant in the public hospital and religious hospital respectively compared to the private hospital. For reactivity, the religious hospital was statistically significant compared to private hospital. A positive influence was shown in the vitality factor at the public hospital, and community orientation at the private hospital, while both community orientation and career showed effects at the religious hospital. ICU had a negative influence on customer orientation at the private hospital. Conclusions : The reason vitality had a relatively more important effect on customer orientation in the public hospital was due that age group of 20~29 was the dominant socio-demographic factor. Furthermore, the influence of community orientation on customer orientation in the private hospital and religious hospital may be related to the nurses' career.
- S.S. Moon, Y.C. Ahn, J.W. Lee, C.E. Lee, H.S. Lee(2012), Hospital Management, Bomungak, pp.31-33.
- D.H. Yang(2013), The Comparison of Productivity Change Gap of Public Hospitals and Private Hospitals in Korea, The Journal of digital policy & management, Vol.11(10);203-215.
- Y.C. Shin, Y.C. Park(2007), An Analysis of determinants of quality of medical services in hospital, Social Science Research, Vol.23(2);251-279.
- R.D. John, U. Farley, Frederick E. Webster(1993), Corporate Culture, Customer Orientation, And Innovative in Japanese Firms, A quadrat analysis, Journal of Marketing, Vol.57(1);23-27. https://doi.org/10.2307/1252055
- L.L Shian(1990), A Study of the relationship of quality circles to job satisfaction, absenteeism and turnover of nurses and patients satisfaction with nursing care in Taiwan, Unpublished doctoral dissertation, George Mason University, p.33.
- M.R. Choung(2008), The Effects of Perceived Organizational Culture and Job Satisfaction of Nurses on Their Customer Orientation, Master dissertation of Gyeongsang National University, pp.32-37.
- J.E. Kim(2012), A Study on the construct validation of measurement for organizational health, Doctoral dissertation of Hanyang University, pp.38-59.
- G.H. Lee, O.S. Park, K.W. Cho(2015), Influence of Organizational Health on Customer Orientation; Moderation Effect of Leadership on Middle Managers, The Korean Jouranl of Health Service Management, Vol.9(2);13-22.
- http://www.law.go.kr/legislation/medicallaw/ (13108,20150128)
- J.H. Yang, D.M. Chang(2009), A Study on Analyzing the Efficiency between National and Private University Hospitals, The Korean Association of health Economics and Policy, Vol.15(2);94-122.
- G.H. Lee(2015), The Effects of Organizational Culture and Middle Manager Leadership on Organizational Health and the Mediating Effects of Self-Efficacy, The Graduate School of Kosin University, p.45.
- M.B. Miles(1965), Planned Change and Organizational Health;Figure and Ground, The Center for the Advanced Study of Educational Administration, University of Oregon, pp.437-442.
- M.E. Brown(2002), Identifications and Some conditions of Organizational Involvement, Administrative Science Quarterly, pp.437-442.
- K.D. Hoffman, T.N. Ingram(1991), Creating customer-oriented employees: the case in home health care, Journal of Health Care Marketing, Vol.11(2);24-32.
- M.H. Kim, C.S. Park, J.B. Seo(2008), A Study on Effects of Customer Orientation Factors in Relation to Medical Services on the Values of the Services and Customer Satisfaction, Korea Society of Health Service Management, Vol.2(1);1-27.
- Y.O. Choi(2012), Emotion intelligence, a nurse's job satisfaction, customer orientation of the correlation, Master dissertation of KyungHee University, p.8.
- H.Y. Park(2010), Job stress and coping measures of nurses in the national general hospitals, Master dissertation of Sungshin Women's University, pp.25-26.
- H.K. Yoon, J.H. Choi, E.Y. Lee, H.Y. Lee, M.J. Park(2013), Effects of Decision Making Competency, Nursing Professionalism, and Job Satisfaction on Turnover Impulse among Nurses, Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration, Vol.19(5);658-667. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2013.19.5.658
- H.J. Lee, S.W. Whang, S.H. Lee(2007), A Comparative Study of Financial Performance between National University Hospitals and Private University Hospitals, Health Service Management Review, Vol.1(1);33-39.
- J.W. Park(2007), A Study on the Effects of Job Stressor between job Stress and Intention to Leave in the Public Sector and Private Sector, Master dissertation of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, p.108.
- M.J. Kim(2007), Comparison of Job Satisfaction, Commitment to Organization, Nursing Organization Culture and Job Experience between National/Public Hospital Nurses and Private Hospital Nurses, Journal of East-West nursing research, Vol.13(1);22-30.
- C.R. Figley, B.H. Stamm(1996), Psychometric review of Compassion Fatigue Self Test. Measurement of stress, traum, and adaptation, Luthervill, MD: The Sidran Press, pp.127-130.
- Y.M. Jang, S.Y. Kim(2014), Coping Strategies, Compassion Fatigue and Compassion Satisfaction among Nurses in Emergency Room, Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, Vol.20(3);348-358. https://doi.org/10.22650/JKCNR.2014.20.3.348
- E.G. OH(2012), A Study on the Factors Influencing Performance of the Wonbuddhist Temples, Doctoral dissertation of Wonkwang University, pp.87-91.