- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A reviews on the social network analysis using R
R을 이용한 사회연결망 분석에 대한 고찰
- Choi, Kyoungho (Research Institute of Health Statistics, Jeonju University) ;
- Yoo, Jin Ah (Institute of Based fusion Education, Jeonju University)
- Received : 2014.10.15
- Accepted : 2015.02.20
- Published : 2015.02.28
Though the SNA (social network analysis ; SNA) has been used for various fields, esp. social science field, ig. politics, journalism, and science of public administration as well as natural science field, there are few studies about the introduction of analysis tools. In order to perform the SNA, collecting data which are fit for the purpose, statistical values deduction and visualized results made by analysis tool are necessary, but the studies, which explain them systematically, are not sufficient yet. So, in this study, we are intended to introduce the analytic process, from the data input to the interpretation, with proven data. using the R program, which is free, in order to help researchers who have any plan to study using the SNA. The proven data in this study are quoted ones in the domestic scientific journals of food, which are those supplied citation index DB of Korean scientific journals. As a study methodology, the SNA is a new paradigm to substitute existing research methods as well as a complement of statistical analysis. Therefore, this study would contribute to vitalization of the SNA.
- Y. H. Kim, Social network theory, Park Young Sa, Seoul. 2003a.
- S. S. Lee, Network analysis methodology, Non-Hyung, Seoul 2012.
- Y. M. Song, "The approach of social networks to the leisure studies: Focused on social network analysis", Korean Studies Information, Seoul. 2006.
- Y. H. Kim, Social network analysis, Park Young Sa, Seoul. 2003b.
- H. W. Park, "Introduction to internet social media", Young Nam University Press, Daegu, 2011.
- Y. M. Song, H. Lee, "Social network analysis on adolescent leisure behavior", International Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Research, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 5-16, 2014.
- K. Choi, "Exploratory analysis of Korean Lotto lottery using social network analysis", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 15, pp. 677-684. 2013.
- W. Shu, W. Shin, "An analysis of discussion environment and group size online discussion activities using social networking analysis", Journal of Educational Technology, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 757-779, 2012. https://doi.org/10.17232/KSET.28.4.757
- M. H. Huh, Introduction to social network analysis with R, Freedom Academy, Seoul. 2012.
- C. H. Choi, Survey methodology with SPSS, UCINET, Hak Hyun Sa, Seoul. 2011.
- D. W. Son, Social network analysis, Kyung Mun Sa, Seoul. 2005.
- B. Leem, "Using social network analysis to measure influence and rank of efficiency ports", Journal of the Korean Society of Supply Chain Management, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 37-47. 2012.
- M. Norman, The art of R programming, No Starch Press, San Francisco. 2011.
- S. H. Park, R programming, Gil-but Press, Seoul. 2013.
- G. Han, S. Jin, "Introduction to big data and the case study of its applications", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol. 16, No. 3, pp. 1337-1351, 2014.
- D. Won, K Choi. "Network analysis and comparing citation index of statistics journals", Journal of the Korean Data & Information Science Society, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 317-325, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7465/jkdi.2014.25.2.317
- D. Reamy, W., D. W. Arrington, Fashionomics, Pearson Education, Inc., NJ. 2013.