- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A HS tariff classification service based on a knowledge convergence performance system supporting decision elements and field terms
결정요소 및 현장용어 지원 지식융합 수행 시스템 기반의 HS 관세분류 서비스에 관한 실증 연구
- Kim, Eunsoo (IC&IT) ;
- Song, ByungJun (Korea Trade Network) ;
- Lee, Jong Yun (Department of Software Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.11.15
- Accepted : 2015.02.20
- Published : 2015.02.28
In the FTA environment, it is necessary to comply with the rules of origin in order to receive duty-free benefits. To do this, they have to precede the Harmonized System(HS) tariff classification of the goods and understand thoroughly the basic principles that constitute the tariff schedule of HS classification. For the correct classification, they should understand exactly the product name of "Heading" about the items, "Legal Note" in the relevant "Section" or "Chapter" as well as provisions of the commentary. Therefore, this paper proposes to develop a HS classification services based on the performance system of knowledge convergence of field terms commonly used in various industries. In result, our services can provide users the conveniences which users first selects one of seven decision elements of the classification and perform the classification easily and accurately.
- Yong Won Kim, "(An)Empirical Study on the Determinants of Quality of HS Commodity Classification Policy in Korea" KonKuk University. pp. 11-14, 2008.
- Young-Chun Kim, Ju-Young Lee, Hae-Bum Choi, Jeong-Sook Kim, "A Study on Business Model to Maximize Utilization of FTA for SMEs", The journal of Korea research society for customs. Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 17-21, 2014.
- Jaeseung Jeong, "A Study on difficulties and support measures of FTA utilization in Korean Trading Firms" The journal of International Commerce and Information, Vol. 15, No. 4, 2013.
- Yeongyeong Kim, "A study on problems and alternative plans by commodity classification errors of textile and textile articles in implementing FTA", Chung-Ang Univ. The Graduate School of Human Resource Development, pp. 56-65, 2013.
- Wen Cui, Sang Bin Lee, "A Study on the Criteria for Determining the Country of Origin by Product Categories in Textile Industries for the Promotion of FTA Negotiation between Korea and China", The Journal of modern China studies. Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 250-261, 2011.
- Jun-Hyun Cho , Heoung-Jung Kang, "A Study on the Error Declaration of Commodity Classification for Inward Cargo", The journal of Korea research society for customs. Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 69-86, 2012.
- Jae-Woo Jung, Kil-Nam Lee, "A Study on the Implication and Comparative Analysis of Criteria to Determine Origin under Korea's FTA with USA, EU and ASEAN", The journal of International Commerce and Information. Vol. 13, No. 3, pp. 143-166, 2011. https://doi.org/10.15798/kaici.13.3.201109.143
- Koo-Tae Kim, Hyung-Rae Park, "A Study on the Misinterpretation and Mistranslation of Harmonization System Commodities Classification in International Trade", The journal of Korea research society for customs. Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 8-15, 2014.
- Cheolsu Kim, "An Empirical Study on the HSK Classification System Reform for Supporting the FTA", SunMoon Univ. graduate school of public administration , pp. 56-60, 2009.
- Korea Institute for International Economic Policy, "Analysis on the Economic Effects of Free Trade Agreements - Economic Effects of Korea' EU FTA", national research report, Vol. 2010.
- Jai Sik Kim, "Derivative Problems from the Customs Classification Error and Some Suggestions" The journal of Korea research society for customs. Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 155-176, 2007.
- Dong-Gyoo Kim, "Development of an ontology-based model for solving inconsistency of HS-codes among nations", KOREA Univ Graduate School Department of Computer and Information Science. pp. 11-17, 2011.
- Biswajit Nag, Debdeep De, "Rules of origin and development of regional production network in Asia: Case studies of selected industries", Asia-Pacific Research and Training Network. Trade Working Paper Series, No. 101, 2011.
- Alok K. Bohara, Kishore Gawande, Pablo Sanguinetti, "Trade diversion and declining tariffs: evidence from Mercosur", Journal of International Economics. Vol. 64, Issue 1, pp. 65-88, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jinteco.2003.07.004