- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Anaysis of current Facilities for the Physically Disabled in Hospital
지체장애인의 접근을 고려한 종합병원 장애인편의시설의 실태분석에 관한 연구
- Lee, Kyoo-Il (Department of Architecture, Sahmyook University) ;
- Ryu, Soo-Hyun (Department of Architecture, Sahmyook University)
- Received : 2014.11.03
- Accepted : 2015.02.24
- Published : 2015.02.28
This study mostly concentrates on the ease of access to the hospital for the physically handicapped and investigated the condition of facilities for disabled of 59 hospitals in Seoul. For investigation, this research developed tool based on Korean disability law. An improvement plan which will deal with the safety and accessibility for the physically handicapped and for patients are as follows. 1) Safe passage should be designed continuously from entrance to the parking lot. 2) Obstacles on the safe passage should be removed and widen the pathways.
- D. H. Lee, et al., "A Study on the Architectural Accessibility of Medical Institutions for the Handicapped", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol.25 No.4, pp.119-126, 2009.
- E. J. Lee, S. H. Choi, "A Study on the Development of Universal Design Checklist in the Public Space of the General Hospitals by the Analysis of Users", Korean institute of interior design journal, Vol.15 No.2, pp.13-20, 2006.
- Ernst and Peter Neufert, Architects' Data. Blackwell Science, 2000.
- E. Y. Jung, T. K. Lee, "A Study on the Spatial Composition for Rehabilitation Hospital", Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, Vol.10 No.2, pp.7-18, 2004.
- J. K. Kim, "The Current State of Public Convenience Facilities and Strategies for Improvement", Society of Occupational Therapy for the Agged and Dementia, Vol.5 No.2, pp. 29-40, 2011.
- J. S. Lee, et al., "A Study on the Architectural Design and Management Guidelines through Reviewing of Evacuation Behavior in the Ward of General Hospitals", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol.21 No.10, pp.61-68, 2005.
- K. I. Lee, I. S. Kim, "A Study on the Medium Facilities in Barrier-free Certification Evaluation Items", Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, Vol.18 No.2, pp.33-43, 2012.
- K. I. Lee, B. G. Kang, "A Study on Improved Directions of Barrier-Free Certification Evaluation Index", Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, Vol.17 No.4, pp. 25-37, 2011.
- K. M. Oh, J. S. Park, "A Planning Study on the Improvement of Public Hospital Patient Room based on the Understanding of User", Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, Vol.20 No.4, pp.49-56, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15682/jkiha.2014.20.4.49
- K. S. Choi, et al., "A Study on the Architectural Planning Guidelines of the Wards in Central Public Hospitals of the Communities", Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, Vol.20 No.1, pp.15-26, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15682/jkiha.2014.20.1.015
- Philipp Meuser, Construction and Design Manual; Accessible Architecture. DOM publichers, 2012
- S. H. Choi, D. S. Seo, "A Study on the Wayfinding Application and Color Approach Method", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol.12 No.4, pp.173-180, 2010.
- T. H. Kim, et al., "A Study on the Facility for the Disabled in Shin-chon S Hospital", The Architectural Institute of Korea, Vol.27 No.1, pp. 359-362, 2007.
- Y. J. Jeong, Y. S. Hwang, "A Study on the Universal Design Factors in the Lobby of the Rehabilitation's Hospital", Journal of Korean Institute of Interior Design, Vol.9 No.1, pp.97-100, 2007.
- Y. S. Yoon, et al., "Comparative Analysis on Home and Overseas Acts on Convenience Facilities for Barrier-Free Implementation", Korea Institute of Healthcare Architecture, Vol.16 No.2, pp.38-51, 2010.