- Volume 6 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Algorithm of Converged Corner Detection-based Segmentation in the Data Matrix Barcode
코너 검출 기반의 융합형 Data Matrix 바코드 분할 알고리즘
- Han, Hee-June (Department of Digital Informatics and Convergence, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Jong-Yun (Department of Software Engineering, Chungbuk National University)
- Received : 2014.11.20
- Accepted : 2015.02.20
- Published : 2015.02.28
A segmentation process extracts an interesting area of barcode in an image and gives a crucial impart on the performance of barcode verifier. Previous segmentation methods occurs some issues as follows. First, it is very hard to determine a threshold of length in Hough Line transform because it is sensitive. Second, Morphology transform delays the process when you conduct dilation and erosion operations during the image extraction. Therefore, we proposes a novel Converged Harris Corner detection-based segmentation method to detect an interesting area of barcode in Data Matrix. In order to evaluate the performance of proposed method, we conduct experiments by a dataset of barcode in accordance with size and location in an image. In result, our method solves the problems of delay and surrounding environments, threshold setting, and extracts the barcode area 100% from test images.
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원
- J.Serra, "Image Analysis and Mathematical Morphology", New York : Academic Press, 1983.
- P.V.C. Hough, "Machine Analysis of Bubble Chamber Pictures", 2nd International Conference of High Energy Accelerators, pp. 554-558, 1959.
- N.Kiryati, Y.Eldar, M.Bruckstein, "A probabilistic hough Transform", Pattern Recognition, Vol. 24, No. 4, pp. 303-316, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0031-3203(91)90073-E
- Richard O.Duda, Peter E.Hart, "Use the Hough Transformation To Detect Lines and Curves in Pictures", Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 11-15, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1145/361237.361242
- Priyanka Gaur, Shamik Tiwari, "Recognitio of 2D Barcode Images Using Edge Detection and Morphological Operation", International Journal of Computer Science and Mobile Computing, Vol 3, pp. 1277-1282, 2014.
- Huaqiao Hu, Wenhuan Xu, Qiang Huang, "A 2D Barcode Extraction Method Based on Texture Direction Analysis", 2009 Fifth International Conference on Image and Graphics, pp. 759-762, 2009.
- Choi, Young Kyu, "A 2-Dimensional Barcode Detection Algorithm based on Block Contrast and Projection.", Vol. 15B, No. 4, pp. 259-268 2008. https://doi.org/10.3745/KIPSTB.2008.15-B.4.259
- Chris Harris, Mike Stephens, "A combined corner and edge detector", Proceeding of the 4th Alvey Vision Conference, pp. 147-151, 1988.
- Qiang Huang, Wen-Sheng Chen, Xiao-Yan Huang, and Ying-Ying Zhu, "Data Matrix Code Location Based on Finder Pattern Detection and Bar Code Border Fitting", Hindawi Publishing Corporation Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Vol. 2012, 2012
- E.Ottaviani, A.Pavan, M.Bottazz, E.Brunclli, F.Casclli, M.Guerrero, "A Common Image Processing Framework for 2D Barcode Reading", Image Processing Its Application, 1999. Seventh International Conference, Vol. 2, pp. 652-655, 1999.
- Ovidiu Parvu, Andrei G.Balan, "A method for fast detection and decoding of specific 2d barcodes", 17th Telecommunications forum TELFOR 2009, pp. 1137-1140, 2009.
- M.Krasikov, "Data Matrix Barcode Search Algorithm Post Envelope and Decoding Program Development", Information Technologies, Management and Society", Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 13-22, 2009.
- ISO/IEC FCD 16022 Information technology (2005). - Automatic identification and data capture techniques - Bar code symbology specifications - Data Matrix, 2005.
- Nachiket A Rathod, Siddharth A. Ladhake, "Detecting and Decoding Algorithm for 2D Barcode", International Journal of Emergin Technology and Advanced Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 11, pp. 199-202, 2012.