- Volume 40 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Design and Implementation of LED Streetlight System for Remote Control and Wi-Fi Service
원격제어 및 Wi-Fi 서비스가 가능한 LED 가로 등 시스템 설계 및 구현
- Received : 2014.10.31
- Accepted : 2015.01.08
- Published : 2015.01.30
The demand of remote control and monitoring for efficiency and applications of LED streetlight is increasing continuously because the demand of LED streetlight was increase last few years. Existing street light remote control system is wired using a power line network. The wireless connection exists, but due to its low data transmission rate, it cannot support specialized applications. It can only support simple control and monitoring. In this paper, we propose a system that uses a IEEE 802.11s wireless mesh network based on WLAN, as a backbone network for remote control and monitoring of the LED street lights along with other specialized applications. Using the wireless mesh network for remote control and monitoring the LED street lights, the same can be used to act like a public Wi-Fi access point. We have designed Wi-Fi integrated LED streetlight controller and implemented our system. We evaluated the performance of our system on a real test bed. Our proposed system is expected to perform the role of a U-city infrastructure by utilizing the wireless mesh network.
Wireless Mesh;IEEE 802.11s;LED Streetlight;Monitoring Program;Remote Control
- J. H. Nam, LED Smart Lighting Industry and Market Trends(2014), Retrieved Aug. 10, 2014, from http: //www.displaycenter.or.kr/.
- AS Tasu, Programmable logic controller, Rom. J. Phys., vol. 51, no. 1-2, pp. 305-310, Dec. 2006.
- C.-G. In and C.-H. Lin, "A development of multi-sensors LED streetlight lighting control system based on RTOS," J. KICS, vol. 37C, no. 11, pp. 1020-1026, Nov. 2012. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2012.37C.11.1020
- Y. U. Lee and J. Park, "Realization of hybrid localization system with lighting LEDs and ad-hoc wireless network," J. KICS, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 774-783, Sept. 2012. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2012.37C.9.774
- K. Kim and K. Ham, "A design of heat-sink and DMX512 communication control for high-power LEDs," J. KICS, vol. 38, no. 8, pp. 725-732, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2013.38C.8.725
- M. H. Lee, Mesh Network Technology Trends and Applications (2007), Retrieved Mar. 11, 2014, from http://coinz.tistory.com/m/post/10.
- Y. R. Lee, The Core Infrastructure of Future u Community-Wireless Mesh Network(2007), Retrieved Jan. 10, 2014, from http://www.etnews.com /200710100110.
- Y. I. Seo, Wireless Mesh Network (2006), Retrieved Jan. 15, 2014, from http://blog.naver.com/dalma37/90003683252.
- I. F. Akyildiz and X. Wang, "A survey on wireless mesh networks," IEEE Commun. Mag., vol. 43, no. 9, pp. S23-S30, Sept. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2005.1509968
- IEEE, Draft amendment for mesh networking, IEEE 802.11s Draft 1.06, Jul. 2007.
- IEEE, IEEE Standard for Information technology-Telecommunications and information exchange between systems-Local and metropolitan area networks-Specific requirements, IEEE 802.11, 2007.
- J.-S. Kim, S.-H. Chung, and H.-J. Choi, "Implementation of a mesh router supporting multi-path routing based on IEEE 802.11s," J. KICS, vol. 36, no. 12, pp. 950-958, Dec. 2011. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36A.12.950
- Wildpackets, Cool New WLAN Technologies on the Market(2013), Retrieved Apr. 15, from 2014, http://blog.wildpackets.com/tag/802-11s.
- Gateworks Corporation, LAGUNA NETWORK COMPUTER Operating Manual For GW2388 Network Processor(2011), Retrieved Apr. 17, 2014, from http://www.gateworks.com/.
- Openwrt.org, About OpenWrt(2014), Retrieved Mar. 06, 2014, from http://wiki.openwrt.nanl.de/about/start#what.is.openwrt.
Supported by : 정보통신산업진흥원