- Volume 13 Issue 1
This article tried to suggest ways to improve satisfaction of their life, as finding the determinants of the disabled through the cross-section research by the Ministry of Health and Welfare. This article used data from the 2011 investigation of actual condition for the Disabled, which is a representative of the disabled in Korea. For statistical analysis, this paper used PASW statistics 18.0 (SPSS Inc, Chicago, USA). Analysis of frequency, descriptive statistic and multiple regressions were conducted. The level of significance was set up as 0.05. As the result, we found that life satisfaction of the disabled was influenced by all factors such as factor in discrimination, socioeconomic factors, disability and health factor. Therefore, we think that the government needs to prepare a systemic method for extending right of the disabled and improving rehabilitation and independent living.
Disabled;Disability;Life satisfaction;Ministry of Health and Welfare;Survey on persons with disabilities
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2013 Registered Disabled, 2014.
- Korea Employment Agency for the Disabled, 2013 Disabled Statistics, 2013.
- M. S. Kim, UN Convention on Disability Rights and Fundamental Rights of Persons with Disabilities: Focusing on Effect of Treaty Reservation and the Incidental Opinion of the Parliament. Journal of Institution and Economics, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 169-209, 2012.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Korea Centers for Disease, 2011 Survey of Disabled, 2012.
- Chung-Hwa Han, Structural Model of Life Satisfaction in the Elderly. Graduate School Daegu Haany University, 2010.
- Campbell, A, The sense of well-being in America. NY: McGraw-Hill, 1981.
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/geronj/31.4.448 https://doi.org/10.1093/geronj/31.4.448
- M. S. Ko, D. J. Kim, The Effects of the Economic Activity States of the Female Disabled on Their Daily Life Satisfaction Level - Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Self-Esteem. Disability & Employment, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 137-164, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15707/disem.2014.24.2.005
- Ja-Kyung Park, Life satisfaction of people with disabilities: a theoretical model and ita empirical test. Graduate School of Social Welfare Sungkyunkwan University, 2009.
- H. K. Oh, D. J. Jung, A Study of Determinants influencing Life Satisfaction of the Disabled Person. Journal of Rehabilitation Research, Vol. 14, No. 3, pp. 151-173, 2010.
- S. H. Park, Social validation of the components of quality of life for persons with disabilities in Korea. Journal of Rehabilitation Research, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 72-120, 2000.
- S. D. Park, E. S. Kim, A Study on Types of Employment and the Quality of Life(QOL) for Individuals with Severe Disability. The Educational Journal for Physical and Multiple Disabilities, Vol. 40, pp. 105-124, 2002.
- Eun-Ryoung Paik, A Study on the Factors Affecting Quality of Life of the Physically Disabled Persons : Focused on the environmental factors and the degree of social integration, Graduate School of Catholic University, 2003.
- Sung-Wook Lim, A Study on the Factors Influencing Subjective Quality of Life of the Physically Disabled Persons. Graduate School of Dongshin University, 2006.
- O. K. Yang, Development of a scale for measuring life satisfaction. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, No. 24, pp. 157-198, 1994.
- DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4901_13 https://doi.org/10.1207/s15327752jpa4901_13
- J. R. Lee, C. M. Park, Quality of Life Using WHOQOL-Bref in Taegu. Health Policy and Management, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 129-154, 2000.
- H. J. Park, K. R. Park, The Stress, Coping and Life Satisfaction Perceived by Mothers with Disabled Children. Journal of the Korean Living Science Association, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 625-636, 2004.
- M. S. Chung, S. I. Kang, Determinants of quality of Life in mentally disabled residents of social welfare institutions. Korean Journal of Social Welfare Research, Vol. 24, pp. 81-108, 2010.
- S. Y. Lee, A Study on the factors affecting quality of life of the mentally ill from the perspective of ecosystem. Graduate School of Seoul Women's University, 2004.
- J. S. Lee, The Analysis of Factors Influencing on the Life Satisfaction of Poor Disabled Persons -Focus on Registration Disable Persons of Gwang-Ju City in South Korea-. Korean Governance Review, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 79-105, 2009. https://doi.org/10.17089/kgr.2009.16.1.004
- G. S. Kim, J. H. Jeong, A Study on the Determinants on Disabled Person's Subjective Quality of Life, Korean Journal of Clinical Social Work, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 47-70, 2007.
- Ja-Kyung Park, Life satisfaction of people with disabilities: a theoretical model and ita empirical test, Graduate School Sungkyunkwan University, 2009.
- J. T. Kim, Relationship among Perceived Health Status, Health Promotion Behavior, and Life Quality of Participants in Lifetime Sports Program, Journal of Adapted Physical Activity, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 43-55, 2011. https://doi.org/10.17006/kjapa.2011.19.1.43
Supported by : 김천대학교