- Volume 13 Issue 1
The purpose of this study is to examine improvements relating to lifesaving by the comparative study of The International Life Saving Federation (ILS) and the domestic institutions. ILS divided places into pool, the inland surface water, and the outer surface water and was using a more fine-grained and specialized educational programs due to location and environmental factors. The other side, domestic organizations also conducted various methods depending on each association. In conclusion, we suggest that preferentially we need to establish an educational system which has public confidence and unify the terminology for lifeguard. And the institutions need to popularize the advanced lifesaving system through international exchanges.
- Kim Won Gi, Jeon Man Jung, Kim U Gi, The Relationship between Socio-demographics Characteristics and Educational Satisfaction of Lifeguard Participants, The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 27-33, 2004.
- Korea Coast Guard http://www.kcg.go.kr 2013.10.20
- Lee Bang Il, Cho Chul Hun, Kim Young Gug, A Study Comparative of the Lifeguard certificate Organization, Korean Society Sport and Lesure Studies, No. 2, pp 51-68, 2012.
- Korea YMCA National Federation http://www.ymca.or.kr 2013.10.22
- Korea Water Leisure Safety Federation http://www.kwlsf.or.kr 2013.10.22
- Korea Commercial Diving Technican Association http://www.kcdta.or.kr 2013.10.22
- Korea Rescue Commununity, http://krc.or.kr 2013.10.22
- Korea Lifesaving Association http://www.liferescue.or.kr 2013.10.22
- The Korean Red Cross http://www.redcross.or.kr 2013.10.23
- Korean Underwater Association http://kua.sports.or.kr 2013.10.23
- Korea Sports Leaders Association http://www.ksla.kr 2013.10.23
- Sea Explorers of Korea http://www.sekh.or.kr 2013.10.23
- Scuba International http://www.skinscuba.or.kr 2013.10.23
- International Life Saving Federation http://www.ilsf.org 2013.10.23
- Chang, In Shik, A Study on the effective safety management system for maritime accident, Journal of the Korean Society of Marine Environment & Safety, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 1-7, 2009.