- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Determinants of Rescreening for Using the Private Health Screening Program
민간검진이용자의 재검진 결정요인에 관한 연구
- Received : 2014.10.29
- Accepted : 2015.01.20
- Published : 2015.01.28
This study aims to identify factors related to rescreening the private health screening center. Data from private health screening center with seven district centers were analyzed. The number of subjects was 70,250 from 2008 through 2015. Socio-demographic characteristics, morbidity, history, physical measurement, laboratory test, and health behavior factors were analyzed the association with health rescreening using chi-square test and negative binominal regression. 19.2% of subjects were recheck their health status on each year from 2008 to 2012. The socio-demographic characteristics related to reuse private health screening center were male, 30-40 aged, Daegu, Gwangju, Jeonnam and Gyeongnam region residents. And overweight and pre-hypertension were also factors association with number of using the private health screening program. People who control their health risk factors such as alcohol intake, smoking and mental health and execute physical exercise tend to use health screening program regularly. Our finding suggest that customer relationship management can execute and private health screening center enable their strategic plan based on data-evidence.
health screening program on private sector;reuse;health behavior;customer relationship management
- Y. M. Kim, J. H. Park, W. J. Kim, Analysis of utilization characteristics, health behaviors and health management level of participants in private health examination in a general hospital. Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 301-303, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.1.301
- S. W. Kang, C. H. You, Y. D. Kwon, The Determinants of the use of opportunistic screening programs in Korea. J Prev Med Public Health, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 177-182, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2009.42.3.177
- W. N. Choi, J. Y. Park, K. J. Kim, I. Y. Choi, Successful use of customer relationship management system in hospital healthcare centers. J Korean Med Assoc, Vol. 55, No. 8, pp. 748-756, 2012. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.8.748
- Soo-Youn Lee, A Study on the Examination Inform System for the CRM using Mobile System. MPH dissertation, Graduate School of Health Science and Management, Yonsei University, 2004.
- M. C. Sturman, Multiple approaches to analyzing count data in studies of individual differences: The propensity for type I errors, illustrated with the case of absenteeism prediction. Educational and Psychological Measurement, Vol. 59, No. 3, pp. 414-430, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1177/00131649921969956
- Han-Suk Kim, A Study on the Efficient Policy of Health Examination based on Comparing Private Health Sector with Public Health Sector. Ph.D. dissertation, Kyunghee University, 2010.
- E. S. Ku, H. Y. Kim, Y. S. Suh, D. H. Shin, H. Y. Cho, M. K. Kang, H. G. Bae., An Investigation of the use of a General Health Examination Center. J Korean Acad Fam Med., Vol 12, No. 7, pp. 52-62. 1991.
- M. H. Sung, Characteristics of Individuals Seeking Comprehensive Health Check-ups. J Nurs Acad Soc., Vol 27, No. 3, pp. 563-576, 1997.
- S. A. Lee, K. S. Choi, S. Y. Hwang, J. Y. Lee, E. C. Park, K. J. Lee, W. C. Lee, K. Y. Yoo, H. R. Shin, The Effect of Socioeconomic Factors on Health Screening in Korea: the 2001 Koran National Examination Health and Nutrition Surveys (KNHANES). Journal of Korean Association of Cancer prevention, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 188-198, 2004.
- R. Andersen, J. F. Newman, Societal and individual determinants of medical care utilization in the United States. Milbank Mem Fund Q Health Soc., Vol. 51, No. 1, pp. 95-124, 1973. https://doi.org/10.2307/3349613
- J. H. Park, J. S. Lee, J. Y. Lee, J. Y. Hong, S. Y. Kim, S. O. Kim, B. H. Cho, Y. I. Kim, Y. S. Shin, Y. Kim. Factors affecting national health insurance mass screening participation in the disabled. J Prev Med Public Health, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 511-519, 2006.
- E. J. Chun, S. N. Jang, S. I. Cho, Y. T. Cho, O. R. M, Disparities in participation in health examination by socio-economic position among adult Seoul residents. J Prev Med Public Health, Vol. 40, No. 5, pp. 345-350, 2007. https://doi.org/10.3961/jpmph.2007.40.5.345
- J. Y. Yeo, H. S. Jeng, Determinants of health screening and its effects on health behaviors. Korean J. of Health Policy & Administration, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 49-64, 2012. https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2012.22.1.049
- National Health Insurance Service, 2012 National Health Screening Statistical Yearbook, National Health Insurance Service, 2013.
Supported by : 한국의학회