- Volume 13 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Economy Effects of IT Industry on Financial and Insurance Services
IT산업이 금융서비스에 미치는 경제적 효과
- Choi, Sung Wook (Dept. of Management Information Systems, Sahmyook University) ;
- Shin, Yong Jae (School of Business, Sogang University)
- Received : 2014.11.05
- Accepted : 2015.01.20
- Published : 2015.01.28
IT is based industry on finance and insurance services and is essential equipment of survival for competitive on market. The importance of IT industry on finance and insurance is bigger than other industries. So, This study examinate effects of hardware and software divided by IT industry on each 6 finance and insurances. Research models are production inducing effects of Demand-Driven model, Shortage effects of Supply-Driven model finally, Leontief's price model by using data for analysis is Input-Output table for 2000~2009. Results are that IT Service effects are more impact than IT hardware effects on Finance and Insurance Service. Especially, IT service's supply shortage effects is 0.0847KWR to produce 1KRW of finance and insurance service for 2-fold increase compared to 2000. In addition, Central Bank and banking institutions of finance and insurance services are the greatest impact from IT industry. These are which is increasing to interdependence between IT industry and finance and insurance service.
- Financial Economy Trend, Vol.3, No.20, 2013.
- G. Kim . S. Kim . K. Park "The Study on Financial Firm's Performance Resulting from Security Countermeasures and the Moderating Effect of Transformational Leadership", Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society, Vol.38, No.4, pp.95-112, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7737/JKORMS.2013.38.4.095
- J. Y. Heo . S. H. Yoo . S. J. Kwak "The Role of the IT Industry in the Korean National Economy: an Input-Out Analysis", Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, Vol.21, No.2, pp. 483-500, 2008.
- K. C. Laudon . J. P. Laudon, Management Information Systems, Pearson. 2011.
- K. H. Kim, "Strategies according to the bank's financial IT environmental changes" Korea Financial Telecommunications & Clearings Institute, Vol. 53, pp. 98-129, 2013.
- National IT Industry Promotion Agency, 2012 Software industry analysis report, 2013.
- R. E. Miller . P. D. Blair Input-Output Analysis: Foundations and Extensions, Prentice-Hall, 1985.
- S. Cheng, S. J. Lee, K. R. Lee, "Astudy on Chinese User Resistance of Mobile Banking", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12 No.1, pp.105-114, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2014.12.1.105
- S. H. Yoo . T. H. Yoo "The Role of the Nuclear Power Generation in the Korean National Economy:An Input-Output Analysis", Progress in Nuclear Energy, 51, pp.86-92, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pnucene.2007.12.001
- S. K. Park . K. S. Han, "A Study on the Prospects of the Financial IT Services Industry using the Correlation Analysis of the IT Budget in the Financial Industry, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No.3, pp.55-62, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.3.55
- S. O. Jang . K. L. Lim "Developing key Performance Indicators for Financial IT Security", The Journal of Society for e-Business Studies, Vol.18, No.3, pp.125-142, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7838/jsebs.2013.18.3.125
- The Bank of Korea, "2009 Input-Output Tables, 2011.
- The Bank of Korea, "Input-Output Analysis", 2007.
- W. Seo "Effective IT support system of the Financial Industry Changes", Communications of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineer, Vol.26, No.9, pp. 37-46, 2008.
- W. Yoo "Corresponding changes in the IT environment and financial", Communications of the Korean Institute of Information Scientists and Engineer, Vol.26, No.9, pp. 5-12, 2008.
- Y. John, "A Determination of the Factors Contributing to Internet Banking", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp.137-144, 2012. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2012.10.11.137