- Volume 11 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A SURVEY OF THE TREATMENT IN FREE MOBILE DENTAL CLINIC AT THE DISABLED RESIDENTIAL FACILITES (SURVEY OF FREE MOBILE DENTAL CLINIC: AT DISABLED RESIDENTIAL FACILITES)
장애인 거주시설을 방문하여 시행한 무료 이동식 치과 진료에 대한 2014년 통계 (시설거주장애인을 대상으로 한 이동치과진료에 대한 통계)
- Lim, Hyun soo (Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong) ;
- Lee, Hyo-Seol (Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Choi, Sung Chul (Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Kyung Hee University) ;
- Lee, Eun young (Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong) ;
- Kim, Kwang Chul (Department of Pediatric Dentistry, Kyung Hee University Hospital at Gangdong)
- 임현수 (강동경희대학교 치과병원 소아치과) ;
- 이효설 (경희대학교 치과대학 소아치과학교실) ;
- 최성철 (경희대학교 치과대학 소아치과학교실) ;
- 이은영 (강동경희대학교 치과병원 소아치과) ;
- 김광철 (강동경희대학교 치과병원 소아치과)
- Received : 2015.12.10
- Accepted : 2015.12.21
- Published : 2015.12.31
The people with disabilities living in residential facilities have more difficulty in caring oral hygiene than those living at home. The purpose of this study is to evaluate the recent 2014 dental treatment records of free mobile dental clinic service for disabled people in Korea. 203 disabled living in residential facilities participated in mobile dental clinic. Patients classified according to types of disability. Mental retardation were 75.3%, mental disorder were 6.0%, crippled disorder were 7.4%, brain disorder were 6.5%, visual disorder were1.4%, auditory and speech disorder were 2.3% and autism disorder were 0.9%. Performed treatments were 99 scaling and curettage, 88 fluoride varnish and TBI, 4 extraction, 1 endodontic treatment, 16 caries control (resin filling, GI filling), 1 denture repair and 8 refuse the treatment. Free mobile dental clinic can not provide complex dental treatment. So, the organization should systemize advanced dental treatment and regular preventive programs. Furthermore, we need to have a more concerns about the people with disabilities living in residential facilities and constantly participate on a dental voluntary work.
Persons with disabilities;Residential facilities;Dental treatment
- 한국장애인복지시설협회: 전국 장애인복지시설 실태조사 분석연구, 2011.
- Rhee YR, Lee KH, Kim KC et al. : A statistical survey of dental treatment in disabled patients. J Korean Association for Disability and Oral Health, 3:6-10, 2007.
- Lee KH : Oral health care for person with disabilities- systemic approach. J Korean Association for Disability and Oral Health, 1:1-8, 2005.
- 한국보건사회연구원 : 2014년 장애인 실태조사, 2014.
- Sohn MY, Park JH, Choi SC, Kim KC : A survey of the treatment in free dental clinic. J Korean Association for Disability and Oral Health, 5:87-91, 2009.
- Ko YH, Baik BJ, Kim JG, Yang YM : A Reserch on the evaluation of the new patient for the last 8 years in Dept. of pediatric dentistry of Chonbuk University. J Korean Acad Pediatr Dent, 34:292-298, 2007.
- Chang JH : Dental treatments for patients with severe mental challenges. J Korean Dent Sci, 49:739-748, 2011.
- Kim SY, Choi SC, Park JH, Kim KC : The evaluation of dental treatment records in charity dental clinic for the disabled people. J Korean Association for Disability and Oral Health, 9:25-29, 2013. https://doi.org/10.12655/jkdoh.2013.9.1.25
- Kim YN, Jeong SH, Lee KH et al. : The status of dental caries experiences on Korean disabled people. J Korean Association for Disability and Oral Health, 2:10-16, 2006.
- Jeon HS, Kim YN, Kwon HK et al. : Utilization of dental service and oral hygiene behavior in Korean disabled adults. J Korean Acad Dent Health, 31:73-81, 2007.
- Maeng JN, Lee KH, Kim DE, Bae SM : Comparison of caries experience between the mentally retarded and the normal. J Korean Acad pediatr Dent, 27:202-207, 2000.