- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Impact of Factors on community-level health-related Quality of Life: Community Unit Analysis
지역사회 건강관련 삶의 질에 영향을 미치는 요인: 지역사회 단위 분석
- Received : 2014.11.28
- Accepted : 2014.12.19
- Published : 2015.01.28
The aim of this study was to identify the impact of community factors on the community-level Health-Related Quality of Life (HRQOL) in Korea. This was a cross-sectional study conducted in 2012 using secondary data(n=209) of the Korean Statistical Information Service. The framework was based on community factors provided by the International Council of Science (ICSU) and community factors were categorized based on six aspects. Multiple regression was applied to community factors depending on the community EQ-5D index. Smoking rate, "Good" self-rated health rate, water and wastewater coverage rate, and financial independency rate were significantly and positively associated with the EQ-5D score. Net migration rate(more move out than move in), obesity rate, unmet needed health care rate, and community type(rural than urban) were significantly and negatively associated with the EQ-5D score. This study identifies association for the impact of community factors on the community-level HRQOL and can provide useful evidence for development of community health promotion policies.
- Paula Santana, "Ageing in Portugal: regional iniquities in health and health care," social science & Medicine, Vol.50, pp.1025-1036, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0277-9536(99)00352-4
- Ana V. Diez Roux, "Investigating neighborhood and area effects on health," American Journal of Public health, Vol.91, No.11, 2001.
- Sandro Galea and David Vlahov, "Urban health: evidence challenges and directions," Annu. Rev. Public Health, Vol.26, pp.341-65, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev.publhealth.26.021304.144708
- International Council for Science(ICSU), Health Wellbeing in the Changing Urban Environment: a Systems Analysis Approach, 2011.
- Paul E. M. Fine, "Herd immunity: History, Theory, Practice," Epidemiologic Reviews, Vol.15, No.2, 1993.
- David Vlahov, Nicholas Freudenberg, Fernando Proietti, Danielle Ompad, Andrew Quinn, Vijay Nandi, and Sandro Galea, "Urban as a Determinant of Health," Journal of Urban Health: Bulletin of the New York Academy of Medicine, Vol.84, No.1, 2007.
- Robert A. Verheij, H Dike van de Mheen, Dinny H de Bakker, Peter P Groenewegen, and Johan P Makenbach, "Urban-rural variations in health in the netherlands: does selective migration play a part?," J Epidemiol Community Health, Vol.52, pp.487-493, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1136/jech.52.8.487
- David hartley, "Rural health disparities, population health, and rural culture," American journal of public health, Vol.94, No.10, 2004.
- Commission on Social Determinants of Health, A conceptual framework for action on the social determinants of Health, WHO, 2010.
- Anoshua Chaudhuri, "Socio-economic inequity in healthcare utilization & expenditures in richer states in india," Indian J Med Res, Vol.136, No.3, pp.368-369, 2012.
- John Duff, "Financing to forster community health care: A comparative analysis of singapore, Europe, North america and australia," Current sociology, Vol.49, No.3, pp.135-154, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/0011392101049003009
- Ronald M. Andersen, "Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: Does it matter?," Journal of health and social behavior, Vol.36, pp.1-10, 1995.
- David W. Baker, Joseph J. Sudano, Jeffrey M. Albert, Elaine A. Borawski, and Avi Dor, "Lack of Health Insurance and Decline in Overall Health in Late Middle Age," N. Engl. J Med, Vol.345, pp.1106-1112, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMsa002887
- Jackie Green, "Health education-the case for rehabilitation," Critical Public Health, Vol.18, No.4, pp.447-456, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/09581590802443596
- Meredith Minkler, Nina Wallerstein, and Nance Wilson, Improving health through community organization and community building, Health behavior and health education, theory, research, and practice 4th practice, chapter 14, 1997.
- Angus Nicoll, "Integrated management of childhood illness in resource-poor countries: an initiative from the World Health Organization," Transactions of the royal society of tropical medicine and hygiene, Vol.94, pp.9-11, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0035-9203(00)90418-8
- The secretary's advisory committee on national health promotion and disease prevention objectives for 2020, Recommendations for the framework and format of healthy people 2020, 2008.
- 나백주, "제5기 지역보건의료계획 방향과 지침 소개", 농촌의학.지역보건학회지, 제35권, 제2호, pp.195-203, 2010.
- T. Aghamolaei, S. Sadat Tavafian, and Shahram Zare, "Determinants of Health related Quality of Life on People Living in Bandar Abbas," Iran, Iranian J Public health, Vol.40, No.2, pp.128-135, 2011.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), Measuring Healthy Days: Population Assessment of Health-Related Quality of Life, 2000.
- 김정연, 노인의 건강관련 삶의 질 모형 구축, 충남대학교 대학원, 2008.
- 한미아, 류소연, 박종, 강명근, 박종구, 김기순, "일부 농촌지역 성인에서 EQ-5D를 이용한 건강관련 삶의 질", 예방의학회지, 제41권, 제3호, 2008.
- 조동기, "건강관련 삶의 질의 사회인구학적 상관 요인에 대한 공간분석", 한국인구학, 제2권, 제3호, pp.1-20, 2009.
- Suzanne Polinder, Juanita A Haagsma, Eefje Belt, Ronan A Lyons, Vicki Erasmus, Johan Lund, and Ed F van Beeck, "A systematic review of studies measuring health-related quality of general injury populations," BMC Public Health, Vol.10, p.783, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-10-783
- EuroQol group, "EuroQol: a new facility for the measurement of health-related quality of life," The EuroQol Group. Health Policy, Vol.16, No.3, pp.1999-208, 1990.
- 질병관리본부, 삶의 질 조사도구(EQ-5D)의 질가중치 추정연구 보고서, 2007.
- E. Audureau, S. Rican, and J. Coste, From deindustrialization to individual health-related quality of life: multilevel evidence of contextual predictors, mediator and modulators across french region, 2003, Health & Place, Vol.22, 2013.
- K. R. Fontaine and I. Barofsky, "Obesity and health-related quality of life," Obesity review, Vol.2, pp.173-182, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1467-789x.2001.00032.x
- Matthias Vogl, Christina M Wenig, Reiner Leidl and Subhash Pokhrel, "Smoking and health-related quality of life in English general population: implications for economic evaluations," BMC Public Health, Vol.12, p.203, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2458-12-203
- 손기영, 김민균, 김지연, 나세원, 위지영, 이유리, 정예지, 천유진, 김채윤, "농촌지역 주민의 사회자본과 건강관련 삶의 질과의 관련성", 대한임상건강증진학회지, 제10권, 제3호, 2010.
- 최충현, 건강관련 삶의 질(EQ-5D)에 대한 회귀모형: 국민건강영양조사 제4기 2차년도(2008)를 중심으로, 연세대학교 보건대학원, 2010.
- Alan D Lopez, Neil E Collishaw, and Thapni Piha, "A descriptive model of the cigarette epidemic in developed countries," Tobacco Control, Vol.3, pp.242-247, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1136/tc.3.3.242
- Ira B. Wilson and Paul D. Cleary, "Linking clinical variables with health related quality of life: A conceptual model of patient outcomes," JAMA, Vol.273, No.1, pp.9-65, 1995.
- 조민우, 이상일, 길선령, 이지호, 강위창, 손혜숙, 유철인, "EQ-5D를 이용한 일개 광역시 성인의 건강관련 삶의 질 측정", 보건행정학회, 제18권, 제3호, 2008. https://doi.org/10.4332/KJHPA.2008.18.3.018
- 배상열, 고대식, 노지숙, 이병훈, 박형수, 박종, "한국 노인의 신체활동과 건강관련 삶의 질의 관계", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제10권, 제10호, pp.255-266, 2010. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.10.10.255
- Commission on social determinants of health, closing the gap in a generation health equity through action on the social determinants of health, WHO, 2008.
- David P. Rebhan, Health Care Utilization: Understanding and applying theories and models of health care seeking behavior, Case Western Reserve University.
- 박고운, 박병현, 지방자치 단체의 사회복지 재정에 영향을 미치는 요인, 한국사회복지정책연구원, 2007.
- 윤은기, 삶의 질 측정지표와 델파이분석, 한국행정학회 동계학술발표논문집, 2011.
- 조성호, 신원득 김흥식, 허재완, 윤태웅, 경기도민의 삶의 질 평가에 관한 연구, 경기개발연구원, 2009.
- David Vlahov, Emily Gibble, Nicholas Freudenberg, and Sandro Galea, "Cities and health: History, Approaches and Key Questions," Academic Medicine, Vol.79, No.12, 2004.