- Volume 24 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Complex Mal-odor Treatment of Foodwaste with Micro-bubble generated from Enhanced Wet Scrubber
습식세정장치에서 발생되는 마이크로버블을 이용한 음식물쓰레기 발생 복합악취 처리
- Kim, Ye-Jin (Department of Environmental Engineering, Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Jung, Jae-Ouk (Department of Environmental Engineering, Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Jung, Yong-Jun (Department of Environmental Engineering, Catholic University of Pusan)
- Received : 2014.11.19
- Accepted : 2015.01.15
- Published : 2015.01.30
The objective of this work was to treat complex mal-odor of food waste with micro-bubbles from enhanced wet scrubber system, where the pilot plant was operated. Micro bubbles from the enhanced reactor of venturi scrubber were successfully generated through the air atomizing process with high velocity more than 60 m/sec and played an important role in the removal of mal-odor. Mal-odor was effectively changed into the micro-bubble and treated with washing chemicals together. Through establishing two series connection of the reactors, 85.2 % removal efficiency of complex mal-odor was obtained in case of average 940 times of input air. 0.35 kg/hr of sulfuric acid, 0.188 kg/hr of sodium hydroxide and 0.043 kg/hr of hypochlorite were injected for chemical washing.
- Cha, H.S., 2009, Present state and future prospect for microbubble technology, Bulletin of Food Technology, 22(3), 544-552.
- Cha, H.S., 2011, Application of microbubble technology in foods, Bulletin of Food Technology, 24(3), 410-414.
- Choi, H.J., Lee, Y.O., 2012, The malodor deodorizing effect of EM in food garbage, Korean Water Congress 2012. P-138.
- Chung, J.D., Kim, K.Y., 2013, Odor reduction technology in sewage treatment facility using biofilter with reed grass(Phragmites australls), J.of Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, 27(3), 373-382. https://doi.org/10.11001/jksww.2013.27.3.373
- Hwang, H.J., An, H.Y., Shin, S.G., Song, J.H., 2010, The removal of odor and organics from food wastes using ozone oxidation, Korean Water Congress 2010. P-61.
- Jeong, S.W., Byeon, K.Y., Park, H.J., 2012, Odorous compound concentration levels in bon-san industrial area and its surrounding regions, J.of the Environmental Sciences, 21(1), 49-55. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2012.21.1.49
- Jung, J.O., Kim, M.S., Jeong, Y.J., Jeong, H.J., 2011, Atomizing tool and cooling dust removing device using the same which can improve cooling dust removing efficiency by improving filterability of toxic gas, Patent 10-1058257.
- Kim, J.K., 2003, A study on odor control using clay mineral, J.of KSEE, 25(10), 1311-1317.
- Ko, B.C., Park, Y.H., Kim D.I., Lee, M.G., Kam, S.K., 2013, Odor removal characteristics of biofilters in domestic sewage treatment facilities analyzing composite odor and odor quotient, J.of Environmental Sciences, 22(1), 109-117. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2013.22.1.109
- Lee, J.D., Chon, J.M., Jung, S.C., Park, S.S., Ahn, H.G., 2000, Adsorption characteristics of offensive odor substance on acid- or alkali- deposited activated carbons, Applied Chemistry, 4(2), 208-211.
- Lee, M.D., 2007, Review of odor measurement and analysis method -Standard method of odor compounds-, J.of KSEE, 29(7), 761-767.
- Lee, W.J., Lee, C.H., Yoo, J.Y., Kim, K.Y., Jang, K.I., 2011, Sterilization efficacy of washing method using based on microbubbles and electrolyzed water on various vegetables, J. Korean. Soc. Food Sci. Nutr, 40(6), 912-917. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2011.40.6.912
- Ministry of Environment, 2014, Offensive odor control law.
- National Institute of Environmental Research, 2007, Standard method of odor compounds.
- Shin, S.K., An, H.Y., Kim, H.S., Song, J.H., 2011, Removal of nitrogen and sulfur odorous compounds and their precursors using an electrolytic oxidation process, J.of Korean Society of Water and Wastewater, 25(2), 223-230.
- Tsuge, S., 2010, The latest technology on microbubbles and nanobubbles, CMC publishing, 140-167.
- Wani, A.H., Branion, R.M.R., Lau, A.K., 1997, Biofilteration: A promising and cost-effective control tecnology for odors, VOCs and air toxics, J.of Environmental Science and Health, 32(7), 2027-2055.
- Yoo, S.S., Kim, Y.D., Lee J.Y., Cha, Y.S., Kim, E.S., Jeon, J.S., Sunwoo, Y., Eom, S.W., Chae, Y.Z., 2012, The characteristic and management of odor emitted from foodwaste treatment facility, J.of Environmental Impact Assessment, 21(3), 353-365.
- Yoon, Y.K., Kim, D.K., 2012, Emission characteristics of odor compounds from pneumatic waste collection plants, J. of KSEE, 34(8), 541-548. https://doi.org/10.4491/KSEE.2012.34.8.541
- Yun, S.I., 2003, Treatment of waste food using mixed microorganisms responsible for the degradation of malodor compounds, Kor.J.Microbiol.Biotechnol, 31(4), 413-420.