- Volume 24 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on the Properties of Recycled Concrete using Recycled Coarse Aggregates and Steel Slag Fine Aggregates
재생 굵은골재와 제강슬래그 잔골재를 사용한 재생 콘크리트의 특성에 관한 실험적 연구
- Received : 2015.09.15
- Accepted : 2015.10.19
- Published : 2015.10.30
The purpose of this study is to investigate the optimum replacement rate and material properties of eco-friendly recycled concrete using recycled coarse aggregates and rapid-chilled steel slag fine aggregates. The replacement rate of recycled coarse aggregates was increased from 30% to 50% of total volume of coarse aggregates and the rapid-chilled steel slag aggregates were substituted for 10% to 50% of total volume of fine aggregates. As a result, the increment of recycled coarse aggregates in concrete caused the reduction of the compressive strength. On the other hand, as increasing the replacement ratio of rapid chilled steel slag aggregates, the compressive strength was enhanced. Furthermore, the optimum use of rapid chilled steel slag aggregates was suggested up to 20~30% of fine aggregates and the use of it could be helpful to expand the replacement rate of recycled aggregates.
Supported by : 한남대학교
- Lee, B.H. et al., 1995: Improving Performance of Recycled Waste Concrete, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 7(2), pp.136-145.
- Shin, S.W., 2003: Development of High Performance Concrete Using Recycled Aggregate. Magazine of Korea Concrete Institute, 15(2), pp.52-59. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2003.15.1.052
- Sung, C.Y., Kim, Y.I., 2003: Physical and Mechanical Properties of Concrete Using Recycled Aggregate and Industrial By Products, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineering. 45(6), pp.128-135.
- Shin, J.I. et al., 2001: Durability of Recycled Aggregate Concrete Incorporating Fly Ash, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 13(1), pp.23-29. https://doi.org/10.22636/JKCI.2001.13.1.23
- Seo, C.H., Kim, B.Y., 2005: An Experimental Study on the Durability of Recycled Aggregate Concrete, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 17(3), pp.382-395.
- Jeon, S.M. et al., 2008: The Bond Characteristics of Deformed Bars in Recycled Coarse Aggregates Concrete (RCAC), Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute, 20(2), pp.165-173. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2008.20.2.165
- Shin, Y.S. et al., 2009: A Study on the Mechanical Properties of Recycled Aggregate Concrete Mixed Steel Fiber, Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction. 9(4), pp.131-137. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2009.9.4.131
- Lee, M.K. et al., 2004: An Experimental Study on the Behavior of Reinforced Concrete Beams using Recycled Coarse Aggregate, Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, 4(3), pp.133-141. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2004.4.3.133
- Lee, M.K. et al., 2005: An Experimental Study on the Strength of Recycled Concrete with Steam Curing, Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction, 5(2), pp.89-95. https://doi.org/10.5345/JKIC.2005.5.2.089
- Kim, K.H. et al., 2010: A Study on the Liberation Characteristics of Waste Concrete for Production of High Quality Recycled Aggregate, Journal of the Korea Institute of Resources Recycling, 19(3), pp.52-61.
- Kim, N.W., Park, M.W., Bae, J.S., 2008: An Experimental Study on the Properties of Concrete Substituting the Rapid Chilled Steel Slag for Fine Aggregate, Journal of the Korea Institute of Resources Recycling, 17(1), pp.73-79.
- Cho, S.H. et al., 2005: The Properties of Flow and Compressive Strength of Mortar According In Replacement Ratio of Rapidly-Chilled Steel Slag Pine Aggregate. Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute. 17(1), pp.77-84. https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2005.17.1.077
- Choi, D.J. et al., 2007: An experimental Study on the fluidity properties of polymer concrete according to replacement ratio of rapidly-chilled steel and polymer resin. Proceeding of annual conference of Journal of the Korea Institute of Building Construction. 7(2), pp.75-78.
- Yoo, J.H., Choi, J.J., 2007: Pending Problems and Potentialities of Iron Slag for Concrete Aggregate, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute. 19(6), pp.34-38.
- Seo, S.K., Choi, J.H., 2001: Properties of Slag Gravel, Journal of the Korea concrete institute, 13(1), pp.66-72
- Choi, Y.W. et al., 2015: A Study on Fundamental Properties of Rapid Cooling Slag to Utilize as Fine Aggregate for Concrete, J. Rec. Const Resoruces, 3(2) pp.171-179.
- Kim, J.M., Kwak, E.G., 2009: Volume Stability of Rapid Cooled Steel-Slag(RCSS) Fine Aggregate, J. Rec. Const Resoruces, 4(1) pp.6-16.