- Volume 24 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Effects of Soil Microbial Agent with Red Ginseng Marc on Growth of Watermelon -A Field Study-
홍삼박을 활용한 토양미생물제제가 수박의 생육에 미치는 영향 -현장연구를 중심으로-
- Ryu, Hyo-Seung (Amitech Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Jong-Wha (Amitech Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Chang-Man (Division of Physics, College of Sciences, Yeungnam University) ;
- Choi, In-Hag (Department of Companion Animal & Animal Resources Sciences, Joongbu University)
- Received : 2015.08.17
- Accepted : 2015.12.04
- Published : 2015.12.29
The aim of the present study was to determine the effects of soil microbial agent with red ginseng marc on growth of watermelon during 5 months. The three treatments were distributed in a completely randomized design with four replicates per plot. After 1 week in planting dates, the growth of watermelon (full length, stem thichness, leaf length and lead width) showed no significant difference in all treatments. During elongation stage (20 days), soil microbial agent with red ginseng marc was increased by 5% in leaf thickness (May 23) and 7~14% in leaf length (May 16 and 23) when compared to other treatments. For changes in fruit bearing thickness, there were no differences among treatments. Characteristics of watermelon in harvest season have an effect on harvest and length, stalk length, naval length, weight, sugar content and yield, except for harvest and width. In particular, yields increased with treatments with two soil microbial agent (7~12%), indicating that soil microbial agent with red ginseng marc showed higher yield than the other treatments. In conclusion, red ginseng marc-treated soil microbial agents have a positive effect on the harvest season of watermelon and can provide useful information for the selection of the functional microbial properties and the registration of microbial fertilizer.
Soil microbial agents;Red ginseng marc;Watermelon growth;Watermelon characteristics
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Ao, X., Zhou, T. X., Kim, H. J., Hong, S. M., Kim, I. H., 2011, Influence of fermented red ginseng extract on broilers and laying hens. Asian Aust J. Anim Sci., 24, 993-1000. https://doi.org/10.5713/ajas.2011.10450
- Duncan, D. B., 1955, Multiple range and multiple F-tests, Biometrics., 11, 1-42. https://doi.org/10.2307/3001478
- Joo, G. J., Kim, Y. M., Woo, C. J., Lee, O. S., Kim, J. W., So, J. H., Kwak, Y. Y., Lee, J. J., Kim, J. H., Rhee, I. K., 2005, Development of microbial innoculant using by-product of oriental herbal medicine, Kor. J. Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem., 48, 201-206.
- Kim, C. G., Kim, T. Y., Seo, S. C., 2005, Analysis of consumer preferences and purchasing behaviors towards environmentally friendly agricultural products, Korea Rural Economic Institute, 1-112.
- Lim, J. H., Kim, S. D., 2010, Biocontrol of phytophthora blight of red pepper caused by Phytophthora capsici using Bacillus subtilis AH18 and B. licheniformis K11 formulation, Kor. J. Soc. Appl. Biol. Chem., 53, 766-773. https://doi.org/10.3839/jksabc.2010.116
- SAS, 2000, SAT/STAT Software for PC. Release 8.2, SAS Institude Inc., Cary, NC, USA.