- Volume 24 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Assessment and Analysis of Coal Seam Gas Water Management Study for Water Resource Production 2. Prediction of Treatment Technology and Design of Co-treatment System
물 자원 생산을 위한 Coal Seam Gas Water Management Study의 평가 및 분석 2. 처리기술 예측 및 병합 시스템 설계
- Shin, Choon-Hwan (Department of Energy & Environmental Engineering, Dongseo University)
- 신춘환 (동서대학교 에너지환경공학과)
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2015.12.08
- Published : 2015.12.29
To develop various usable water from coal seam gas (CSG) water that needs to be pumped out from coal seams for methane gas production, a feasibility study was carried out, evaluating and analysing a recent report (Coal Seam Gas Water Management Policy 2012) from Queensland State Government in Australia to suggest potential CSG water treatment options for fit-for-purpose usable water production. As CSG water contains intrinsically high salinity-driven total dissolved solid (TDS), bicarbonate, aliphatic carbon,
CSG water management policy;CSG water;Usable water production;Combined system
Supported by : 부산지역녹색환경 지원센터
- Achilli, A., Prante, J. L., Hancock, N. T., Maxwell, E. B., Childress, A. E., 2014, Experimental results from RO-PRO: A next generation system for low-energy desalination, Environ. Sci. Technol., 48(11), 6437-6443. https://doi.org/10.1021/es405556s
- APLNG, 2013, CSG water production forecasts; Surat water production vs great artesian basin.
- AUS Department of Environment and Heritage Protection, Queensland, 2013 , Water quality criteria for coal seam gas water.
- AUS Department of Natural Resource, Queensland 2013, Coal seam gas water management study.
- AUS Environment Protection Agency, Queensland, 2012, Coal seam gas water quality.
- AUS International Longwell News, 2013, QLD's CSG water policy to benefit environment.
- Chen, G., Chen, X., and Yue, P. L., 2002, Electrochemical behavior of novel Ti/lrO2-Sb2O5-SnO2 anode, J. Phy. Chem. B., 106, 775-788. https://doi.org/10.1021/jp013291m
- Chris, M., 2013, Approach to understanding and managing impacts of co-produced water, 5th annual CSG associated water conference.
- Galiee Energy, 2013, CSG water production forecasts;Water treatment(process option, water retention pond and evaporation).
- Greenlee, L. F., Lawler, D. F., Freeman, B. D., Marrot, B., Moulin, P., Reverse osmosis desalination: Water sources, technology, and today's challenges, 2009, Water Res, 43, 2317-2348. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.watres.2009.03.010
- KOFAC, 2015, Technical report, Manufacturing of imitated real plant for the system of water reuse.
- Hanju Ltd. 2008, Technical catalogue.
- Higgins, J., Warnken, J., Teasdale, P. R., 2012, A review of water quality criteria in australian reclaimed water guidelines and sewage effluent discharge licences.
- Matsuura, T., 2001, Progress in membrane science and technology for seawater desalination - a review. Desalination, 134, 47-54. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0011-9164(01)00114-X
- Metgasco Energy, 2013, CSG water production Forecasts; Australian CSG basin.
- Ministry of Commerce, Industry & Energy, 2007, A policy of water industry growth.
- Ministry of environment, 2015, 7th international water forum.
- Origin Energy, 2013, CSG water production forecasts; General water treatment.
- Origin Energy, 2013, CSG water production forecasts; CSG water quality and comparisons.
- Origin Energy, 2013, CSG water production forecasts; CSG technology and process(brine treatment skid).
- Paul, M., Muthia, E., Bae, J. S., Victor, R., Shin, C. H., 2009, Gas adsorption measurement on coals for CO2-ECBM, 2009, Acia-Pacific coalbed methane symposium, 88-92.
- Paul, M., Iyer, R. S., Muthia, E., Timothy, N., 2014, An Experimental study on chracterising coal bed methane (CBM) fines production and migration of mineral matter in coal bed, Energy and Fuels, in print.
- Pendergast, M. T. M., Hoek, E. M. V., 2011, A review of water treatment membrane nanotechnologies. Energ. Environ. Sci., 4, 1946-1971. https://doi.org/10.1039/c0ee00541j
- Randol, C., 2013, Managing the impacts of CSG water extraction in the surat basin, 5th annual CSG associated water conference.
- Saito, K., Irie, M., Zaitsu, S., Sakai, H., Hayashi, H., Tanioka, A., 2012, Power generation with salinity gradient by pressure retarded osmosis using concentrated brine from SWRO system and treated sewage as pure water, Desali. water treat., 41(1-3), 114-121. https://doi.org/10.1080/19443994.2012.664696
- Shannon, M. A., Bohn, P. W., Elimelech, M., Georgiadis, J. G., Marinnas, B. J., Mayes, A. M., 2008, Science and technology for water purification in the coming decades. Nature, 452, 301-310. https://doi.org/10.1038/nature06599
- Shin, C. H., Bae, J. S., 2012, A stability study of an advanced co-treatment system for dye wastewater reuse, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 20(6), 775-779.
- Shin, C. H., Bae, J. S., Victor, R., 2014, Co-treatment systems combined with unit processes for dye wastewater recycling, J. Ind. Ind. Chem., 20(1), 710-716.
- Shin, C. H., 2012, Automatic addition control of the external carbon source by the measurement of ORP in biological nitrogen removal process, J. Kor. Environ. Sci., 21(3), 383-390.
- Shin, C. H., Kang, D. H., Park, H. S., Cho, H. K., 2010, Initial operating condition of membrane bioreactor with PVDF hollow fiber and permeate reuse, J. Clean Tech., 16(1), 39-45.
- Reynolds, T. D., Unit operation and processes in environmental engineering, Texas A&M press, 257-280.
- Shin, C. H., 2009, Effect of indirect oxidation on the system design for the reuse of sewage and wastewater, J. Clean Tech.,15(2) 112-119.
- Shin, C. H., 2014, Assessment and analysis of coal seam gas water management study for water resource production. 1. water production, J. Kor. Environ. Sci., 23(8), 1395-1407.
- Snoeyink, Vernon, 1992, Water chemistry, John Wiely & Sons Inc., 71-80.
- Sseng corporation, 2012, Technical report, Development of 2-stage fiber filtration process for the reuse of sewage.
- Usable water production from coal seam gas water with a combination of pore control fiber filtration and reverse osmosis vol.23, pp.2, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4491/eer.2017.159