- Volume 24 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
Analysis of Suspended Solid Generation with Rainfall-Runoff Events in a Small Forest Watershed
산림 소유역에서 강우-유출에 따른 부유토사 발생 특성 분석
- Kim, Jae-Hoon (Department of Forest Restoration, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Choi, Hyung-Tae (Department of Forest Restoration, Korea Forest Research Institute) ;
- Lim, Hong-Geun (Department of Forest Restoration, Korea Forest Research Institute)
- Received : 2015.10.12
- Accepted : 2015.12.03
- Published : 2015.12.29
This study was carried out to investigate the characteristics of suspended solid concentration in small forest watershed, Hwacheon, Gangwondo. For five rainfall events from July 2013 to August 2013, rainfall, discharge, and suspended solid load has been measured. The results showed that the fist flush effect was observed for suspended solid in each rainfall event, sediment rating curve was obtained with
Suspended solid;First flush effect;Sediment rating curve;Event mean concentration (EMC);Small forest watershed
Grant : 산림수자원 장기 모니터링 및 관리기술 개발
- Asselman, N. E. M., 2000, Fitting and interpretation of sediment rating curves, Journal of Hydrology, 234, 228-248. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-1694(00)00253-5
- Eum, J. S., 2004, Runoff characteristics of agriculture nonpoint source pollution for the watershed of upper Soyang River, M.S. Thesis, Department of Environmental Science, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon.
- Gellis, A. C., 2013, Factors influencing storm-generated suspended-sediment concentrations and loads in four basins of contrasting land use, humid-tropical Puerto Rico, Catena, 104, 69-57.
- Glysson, D. G., 1987, Sediment transport curves, U.S. Geological Survey, Reston, Virginia, 87-218.
- Ham, K. J., Bae, S. H., Kim, J. H., Park, S. B., Kim, S. S., 2006, A basic study on the relationship between the environmental characteristics and turbidity generation in Jaun Watershed, Journal of Environment Impact Assessment, 15(4), 259-270.
- Jun, J., Kim, K., Yoo, J., Choi, H. T., Jeong, Y, 2007, Variation of suspended solid concentration, electrical conductivity and pH of stream water in regrowth and rehabilitation forested catchments, South Korea Journal of Korean Forest Society, 96(1), 21-28.
- Jung, J. P., 2014, Estimation method of pollution sources and loads for management of Total Maximum Daily Load, Ph.D. dissertation, Department of environmental engineering, Chonbuk National University, Jeonju.
- Jung, S., Jang, C., Kim, J. K., Kim, B., 2009, Characteristics of water quality by storm runoffs from intensive highland agriculture area in the upstream of Han River basin, Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, 25(1), 102-111.
- Kim, S. S., Kim, J. S., Bang, K. Y., Gwon, E. M., Chung, W. J., 2002, The estimation of the unit load and characteristics of non-point source discharge according to rainfall in Kyongan Watershed, Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers, 24(11), 2019-2027.
- Kim, G., Kim, Y., Lee, D., Jung, H., Yur, J., 2003, Analysis and estimation of EMC loads of rainfall runoff from agricultural-forestry in Korea, Journal of Koran Society Environmental Engineers, 25(6), 760-770.
- Kim, S. J., Park, T. Y., Kim, S. M., Jang, J. R., Kim, S. M., 2012, A plot scale experiment to analysis the NPS reduction by silt fence and vegetated ridge for non-irrigated cropland, Journal of the Korean Society of Agriculture Engineers, 54(4), 19-27.
- Kim, J. K., Yang, D. Y., Kim, J. Y., Park, J. K., 2004, Suspended sediment yields related to discharge turbidity in small mountainous catchment, Journal of the Geomorphological Association of Korea, 11(3), 25-36.
- Kwak, S., Bhattrai, B. D., Kim, E., Lee, C., Lee H., Heo, W., 2012, Characteristics of non-point pollution discharge on stormwater runoff from Lake Doam watershed, Korean Journal of Limnology, 45(1), 62-71.
- Lee, J. Y., 2008., A hydrological analysis of current status of turbid water in Soyang River and its mitigation, Journal of Soil and Groundwater Environment, 13(6), 85-92.
- Park, S. C., Oh, C. R., Jin, Y. H., Kim, D. S., 2005, Study on runoff characeristics of non-point source in rural area of Seomjin Watershed, Journal of the Environmental Sciences, 14(11), 1057-1062. https://doi.org/10.5322/JES.2005.14.11.1057
- Ryan, P. A., 1991, Environmental effects of sediment on New Zealand stream: a review. New Zealand Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research, 25, 207-221. https://doi.org/10.1080/00288330.1991.9516472
- Shin, D., 2007, Basic monitoring concept for rivised unit-load on NPS, Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, 23(4), 429-433.
- Walling, D. E., 1977, Assessing the accuracy of suspended sediment rating curves for a small basin, Water Resources Research, 13(3), 531-538. https://doi.org/10.1029/WR013i003p00531
- Williams, G. P., 1989. Sediment concentration versus water discharge during single hydrologic events in rivers, Journal of Hydrology, 111, 89-106. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-1694(89)90254-0
- Won, C. H., Choi, Y. H., Seo, J. Y., Kim, K. C., Shin, M. H., Choi, J. D., 2009, Determination of EMC and unit loading of rainfall runoff from forestry-crops field, Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality, 25(4), 615-623.
- Yang, H., 2006, Runoff characteristics of non-point source pollutants in storm event-case study on the upstream and downstream of Kokseong River, Korea, Journal of the Korean Geographical Society, 41(4), 418-434.
- Yu, K, K., Woo, H. S., 1990, Comparative evaluation of some selected sediment transport formulas, Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, 10(4), 67-75.
- Yun, J. U., 2014, Characteristics of hydrology and suspended sediment transport in the Simjeok Forested Wetland, M.S. Thesis, Department of Forestry, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon.