- Volume 15 Issue 23
Objective: To explore the clinical effects of nimotuzumab combined with chemotherapy in the treatment of late gastric cancer. Methods: A total of 34 reoccurrence or metastatic patients with late stage gastric cancer who were confirmed by histopathology and/or cytology were selected and randomly divided into observational and control groups, of 17 cases each. Patients in the control group were treated with the standard DCF plan, while patients in observational group additionally received nimotuzumab. The short-term and long-term efficacy and adverse reactions in the 2 groups were followed. Results: The objective response rate (ORR) and disease control rate (DCR) were 64.7% (11/17) and 82.4% (14/17) in observational group and 25.0%(4/16) and 37.5%(6/16) in the control group(ORR and DCR between 2 groups,
Nimotuzumab;chemotherapy-gastric cancer;progression-free survival;toxic and side effects
- Aichler M, Motschmann M, Jutting U, et al (2014). Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) is an independent adverse prognostic factor in esophageal adenocarcinoma patients treated with cisplatin-based neoadjuvant chemotherapy. Oncotarget, 5, 6620-32. https://doi.org/10.18632/oncotarget.2268
- Barta P, Laznickova A, Laznicek M, et al (2013). Preclinical evaluation of radiolabelled nimotuzumab, a promising monoclonal antibody targeting the epidermal growth factor receptor. J Labelled Comp Radiopharm, 56, 280-8. https://doi.org/10.1002/jlcr.2988
- Bersanelli M, Buti S, Camisa R, et al (2014). Gefitinib plus interleukin-2 in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients previously treated with chemotherapy. Cancers, 6, 2035-48. https://doi.org/10.3390/cancers6042035
- Babu K G, Prabhash K, Vaid A K, et al (2014). Nimotuzumab plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone in advanced non-small-cell lung cancer: a multicenter, randomized, open-label Phase II study. Onco Targets Ther, 7, 1051-60.
- Ciardiello F, Tortora G (2008). EGFR antagonists in cancer treatment. New Engl J Med, 358, 1160-74. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra0707704
- Diaz-Miqueli A, Martinez G S (2013). Nimotuzumab as a radiosensitizing agent in the treatment of high grade glioma: challenges and opportunities. Onco Targets Ther, 6, 931-42.
- Fernandez-Plana J, Pericay C, Quintero G, et al (2014). Biweekly cetuximab in combination with FOLFOX-4 in the firstline treatment of wild-type KRAS metastatic colorectal cancer: final results of a phase II, open-label, clinical trial (OPTIMIX-ACROSS Study). BMC Cancer, 14, 865. https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2407-14-865
- Lee H J, Seo A N, Kim E J, et al (2014). Prognostic and predictive values of EGFR overexpression and EGFR copy number alteration in HER2-positive breast cancer. Br J Cancer, [Epub ahead of print].
- Lin S, Yan Y, Liu Y, et al (2014). Sensitisation of human lung adenocarcinoma A549 cells to radiotherapy by Nimotuzumab is associated with enhanced apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in the G2/M phase. Cell Biol Int, [Epub ahead of print].
- Liu J, Huang XE, Feng JF (2014). Further study on pemetrexed based chemotherapy in treating patients with advanced gastric cancer (AGC). Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 15, 6587-90. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2014.15.16.6587
- Okamoto W, Yoshino T, Takahashi T, et al (2013). A phase I, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of nimotuzumab in Japanese patients with advanced solid tumors. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol, 72, 1063-71. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00280-013-2277-8
- Rodriguez M O, Rivero T C, Castillo Bahi R, et al (2010). Nimotuzumab plus radiotherapy for unresectable squamouscell carcinoma of the head and neck. Cancer Biol Ther, 9, 343-9. https://doi.org/10.4161/cbt.9.5.10981
- Rojo F, Gracias E, Villena N, et al (2010). Pharmacodynamic trial of nimotuzumab in unresectable squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: A SENDO Foundation study. Clin Cancer Res, 16, 2474-82. https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-09-3042
- Roy A, Cunningham D, Hawkins R, et al (2012). Docetaxel combined with irinotecan or 5-fluorouracil in patients with advanced oesophago-gastric cancer: a randomised phase II study. Br J Cancer, 107, 435-41. https://doi.org/10.1038/bjc.2012.286
- Reddy B K, Lokesh V, Vidyasagar M S, et al (2014). Nimotuzumab provides survival benefit to patients with inoperable advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck: a randomized, open-label, phase IIb, 5-year study in Indian patients. Oral Oncol, 50, 498-505. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.oraloncology.2013.11.008
- Satoh T, Lee K H, Rha S Y, et al (2014). Randomized phase II trial of nimotuzumab plus irinotecan versus irinotecan alone as second-line therapy for patients with advanced gastric cancer. Gastric Cancer, [Epub ahead of print].
- Song H, Pan B, Yi J, et al (2014). Featured article: autophagic activation with nimotuzumab enhanced chemosensitivity and radiosensitivity of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Exp Biol Med, 239, 529-41. https://doi.org/10.1177/1535370214525315
- Su D, Jiao SC, Wang L J, et al (2014). Efficacy of nimotuzumab plus gemcitabine usage as first-line treatment in patients with advanced pancreatic cancer. Tumour Biol, 35, 2313-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13277-013-1306-x
- Tomasello G, Liguigli W, Poli R, et al (2014). Efficacy and tolerability of chemotherapy with modified dose-dense TCF regimen (TCF-dd) in locally advanced or metastatic gastric cancer: final results of a phase II trial. Gastric Cancer, 17, 711-7. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10120-013-0317-z
- Verdu M, Trias I, Roman R, et al (2014). Cross-reactivity of EGFR mutation-specific immunohistochemistry assay in HER2-positive Tumors. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol, [Epub ahead of print].
- Wang Y, Pan L, Sheng XF, et al (2014). Nimotuzumab, a humanized monoclonal antibody specific for the EGFR, in combination with temozolomide and radiation therapy for newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme: First results in Chinese patients. Asia Pac J Clin Oncol, [Epub ahead of print].
- Wei GL, Huang XE, Huo JG, et al (2013). Phase II study on pemetrexed-based chemotherapy in treating patients with metastatic gastric cancer not responding to prior palliative chemotherapy. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev, 14, 2703-6. https://doi.org/10.7314/APJCP.2013.14.5.2703
- Targeted therapy for gastric cancer: Current status and future directions (Review) vol.35, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.3892/or.2015.4528
- Anticancer effect of cucurbitacin B on MKN-45 cells via inhibition of the JAK2/STAT3 signaling pathway vol.12, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3892/etm.2016.3670