- Volume 36 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Awareness and attitudes of professors regarding research ethics education in the colleges and the school of Korean Medicine
한의학 분야 연구윤리 교육에 대한 전국 한의과대학 및 한의학전문대학원 교수들의 인식
- Yu, Jieun (Division of Humanities and Social Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University) ;
- Cheon, Mog-enu (Division of Humanities and Social Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University) ;
- Lim, Byungmook (Division of Humanities and Social Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University) ;
- Kwon, Young-kyu (Division of Longevity and Biofunctional Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Byung Joo (Division of Longevity and Biofunctional Medicine, School of Korean Medicine, Pusan National University)
- 유지은 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 인문사회의학부) ;
- 천목은 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 인문사회의학부) ;
- 임병묵 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 인문사회의학부) ;
- 권영규 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 양생기능의학부) ;
- 김병주 (부산대학교 한의학전문대학원 양생기능의학부)
- Received : 2015.04.29
- Accepted : 2015.09.18
- Published : 2015.09.30
Objectives: This study aimed to investigate the experiences and awareness of Korean Medicine professors towards research ethics issues and curriculum development. Methods: Electronic mails for requesting the survey participation were sent to 531 professors who were listed in the DB of Association of Korean Medicine. Professors who agreed to participate in the survey were connected to the self-administered questionnaire site, and the responses were stored in real time. Professors were asked the experience of research misconduct cases, the necessity, contents and evaluation method of research ethics education, etc. ANOVA was performed to test the differences of ethics education effects among sub-groups of respondents. Results: Of 137 professors who opened the e-mail, 127 completed the questionnaire. Most professors (87.4%) reported to witness the research misconduct cases, and felt the necessity of research ethics education for professors as well as students. 31.4% of respondents preferred the practice-focused course, and 43.3% preferred the PASS/FAIL basis evaluation system. Professors with shorter education career and professors majoring basic Korean Medicine expected higher effect of ethics education than others. For detailed items of research ethics education, 'ethical writing' and 'ensuring research integrity' were prioritized in the aspects of both personal ethics and social demand. Conclusions: In this study, detailed matters of research ethics education in Korean Medicine area were drawn. Further study and policy development are needed to facilitate the introduction of formal education of research ethics.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- National Research Council for Economics, Humanities and Social Sciences. The Cases of Research Ethics (Yonguyunriran muosinga?). 2014.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. Guidelines for Research Integrity (Yonguyunri hwakborl wihan jichim). 2012.8.1. revision.
- Son WC. Analysis of Current Research Ethics Education in Korean Universities. Korean Journal of Philosophy. 2007;24:143-183.
- Kwon JH, Yoo JH, Kim YY, Kim HS, Lee SW. A Study on Constitutional Medicine Researchers' View and Attitude Concerning Human Research Ethics. Journal of Sasang Constitutional Medicine. 2011;23(4):514-525.
- Kim YY, Kwon JH, Lee SW, Yoo JH. Analysis on The Status of Prospective Clinical Researches Related to Korean Oriental Medicine and their Ethical Aspects. Korean Journal of Oriental Physiology & Pathology. 2012;26(6): 849-854.
- Han SS, Ahn SH, Ku IH, Lee M. The Development of a Research Ethics Education Program: Experiences, Current Situation, and the Need for Research Ethics Education. The Korean Society for Medical Ethics. 2007;10(1): 83-98.
- Kim HC. The Necessity and Method of Research Ethics Education. Korean Journal of Research Group for Global Korean Business and Culture. 2007;(5):67-86.
- Kim HI. Development of Research Education Program. Research Ethics. 2013;100:131-149.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology. Manual of Guidelines for Research Integrity (Yonguyunri hwakborl wihan jichim haesolso). 2012.
- Ha JH. Statistical Analysis of Ethical Conduct Model in Scientists and Engineers. Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering. 2009;32(4):178-183.
- Ha JH, Kim KH, Park CK. An influence on ethical practices in R&D organization. Journal of the Society of Korea Industrial and Systems Engineering. 2009;1:222-226.