- Volume 16 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Message Construal Level, Temporal Distance and Consumer's SNS Self-efficacy on Consumers' Attitude Toward SNS Fashion Advertisements
- Cho, Hyojung (Dept. of Design, Housing, & Apparel, University of Minnesota) ;
- Lee, Mi Young (Dept. of Fashion Design & Textiles, Inha University)
- Received : 2015.10.16
- Accepted : 2015.12.21
- Published : 2015.12.30
The purpose of this study was to examine the effects of the construal level and temporal distance of a message and consumer's Social Network Service (SNS) self-efficacy on consumers' attitudes toward SNS fashion advertising. This study employed a 2 (message configuration: high construal level/low construal level)
- Bandura, A. (1982). Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency. American Psychologist, 37(2), 122-147. https://doi.org/10.1037/0003-066X.37.2.122
- Bar-Anan, Y., Liberman, N., & Trope, Y. (2006). The association between psychological distance and construal level: Evidence from an implicit association test. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 135(4), 609-622. https://doi.org/10.1037/0096-3418.104.22.1689
- Boyd, D. M., & Ellison, N. B. (2007). Social network sites: Definition, history and scholarship. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 13(1), 210-230. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1083-6101.2007.00393.x
- Cho, J. H. & Park, C. (2012). A Study on the fashion company's marketing strategy of using SNS. Conference Proceeding of Korean Society of Consumer Studies, 11, 228-232.
- Choi, E. (March 16, 2015). Major marketing trend SNS, are you properly communicating? Fashion Insight. Retrieved from http://www.fi.co.kr
- Choi, E. J. (2012). Is the power of emerging SNS going out?: the study of continuing usage model for social network sites. Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, 13(2), 229-253. https://doi.org/10.21074/kjlcap.2012.13.2.229
- Choi, K. E. (2013). Effects of temporal and social distance on brand evaluations. Master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea.
- Choi. Y. (2011). Paradigm Characteristics of Social Marketing and Its Promotion Strategies. The e-business Studies, 12(2), 343-362.
- Choi, Y. G. (2010). Reality and strategy of social media as a marketing tool. Excellence Marketing for Customer, 44(8), 31-37.
- Eastin, M. S., & LaRose, R. (2000). Internet self-efficacy and the psychology of the digital divide. Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, 6(1).
- eMARKETER. (2012, February 24). Total worldwide social network ad revenues continue strong growth. eMARKETER Daily Newsletter. Retrieved from http://www.emarketer.com/Article/Total-Worldwide-Social-Network-Ad-Revenues-Continue-Strong-Growth/1008862
- eMARKETER. (2013, August 28). Facebook sees big gains in global mobile ad market share. eMARKETER Daily Newsletter. Retrieved from http://www.emarketer.com/Article/Facebook-Sees-Big-Gains-Global-Mobile-Ad-Market-Share/1010171
- eMARKETER. (2013, June 18). Social networking reaches nearly one in four around the world. eMARKETER Daily Newsletter. Retrieved from http://www.emarketer.com/Article/Social-Networking-Reaches-Nearly-One-Four-Around-World/1009976
- Han, E. K. & Lim, S. H. (2012). A study of influence on social media credibility and mediation effect of advertising credibility on social media. Advertising Research, 92, 7-29.
- Hernandez, B., Jimenez, J., & Martin, M. J.(2009). The impact of self-efficacy, ease of use and usefulness on e-purchasing: An analysis of experienced e-shoppers. Interacting with Computer, 21(1/2), 146-156. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.intcom.2008.11.001
- Hyun, B. (2013). The advertising effect by advertising category of facebook : focusing on fashion brand involvement. Master's thesis, Sungkyunkwan University, University, Seoul, Korea.
- Jang, S. (2011). Korean companies ' SNS activity: Has reached the limits? Or just the beginning? LGERI Report, 10(12), 20-32.
- Jin, C. H., & Yeo, H. C. (2011). Exploring the acceptance decision factors of social media: the relationship between self-efficacy, selfassertion, self-presence, social-cultural-influences and TAM. Journal of Industrial Economics and Business, 24(3), 1295-1321.
- Johnson, E. J., & Russo, J. E. (1984). Product familiarity and learning new information. Journal of Consumer Research, 11(1), 542-550. https://doi.org/10.1086/208990
- Kim, A. J., & Ko, E. (2012). Do social media marketing activities enhance customer equity? An empirical study of luxury fashion brand. Journal of Business Research, 65(10), 1480-1486. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2011.10.014
- Kim, J. H., Park, G. Y., & Boo, S. H. (2012). The effect of temporal perspective and regulatory framing on purchase intention on multi attribute product. Advertising Research, 95, 433-468.
- Kim, Y. H., Yoon, S. H., & Kim, J. H. (2012). The effects of promotion type on persuasion: moderating role of temporal distance and message framing. Journal of Communication Science, 12(4), 141-178.
- Ko, J. S. (2013). The effect of fashion advertising characteristics of the social network service on advertising satisfaction, and purchase intention. Master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul, Korea.
- Korea Internet & Security Agency (2010). 2010 Survey on Internet usage. Retrieved from http://isis.kisa.or.kr/board/index.jsp?pageId=060200
- Korea Internet & Security Agency (2011). 2011 Survey on Internet usage. Retrieved from http://isis.kisa.or.kr/board/index.jsp?pageId=060200
- Korea Internet & Security Agency (2012). 2012 Survey on Internet usage. Retrieved from http://isis.kisa.or.kr/board/index.jsp?pageId=060200
- Lavidge, R. J., & Steiner, G. A. (1961). A model for measurement of advertising effectiveness. Journal of Marketing, 25(6), 59-62. https://doi.org/10.2307/1248516
- Lee, B. K., & Ahn, E. M. (2010). A study on the effects of temporal distance and consumer knowledge on product attitude. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 21(1), 211-223.
- Lee, H., Choi, S. Y., & Kang, Y. S. (2009). Formation of e-satisfaction and repurchase intention: Moderating roles of computer self-efficacy and computer anxiety. Expert Systems with Applications, 36(4), 7848-7859. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2008.11.005
- Liberman, N., & Trope, Y. (1998). The role of feasibility and desirability considerations in near and distant future decisions: A test of temporal construal theory. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 75(1), 5-18. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-3522.214.171.124
- O'Neill, M. (May 10, 2010), Diesel Cam Brings Facebook To The Fitting Room. Social Times. Retrieved from http://www.adweek.com
- Park, I. H. (2011). The influence of perceived media characteristics and media efficacy on public service advertisement effect. Master's thesis, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, Korea.
- Park, J. Y., Chung, S., & Jeon, Y. (2012). A Study on Intention to Use and Word-of-mouth for Fashion Social Network Service. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 36(1), 36-45. https://doi.org/10.5850/JKSCT.2012.36.1.36
- Pintrich, P. R., & Garcia, T. (1991). Student goal orientation and selfregulation in the college classroom. Advances in motivation and achievement: Goals and Self-Regulatory Processes, 7, 371-402.
- Schunk, D. H. (1983). Reward contingencies and the development of children’s skills and self-efficacy. Journal of Educational Psychology, 75(4), 511-518. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-06126.96.36.1991
- Shin, H. B. & Lim, S. J. (2004). A study on advertising effects by advertising evaluation and advertising involvement-focused on casual wear advertisements of fashion magazine. Journal of the Korean Society of Clothing and Textiles, 28(1), 66-75
- Sim, S. H., & Moon, J. Y. (2012). A study on mobile SNS attributes effects on information share, relationship formation, and user satisfaction. Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management, 40(1), 60-72. https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2012.40.1.060
- Trope, Y., & Liberman, N. (2003). Temporal construal. Psychological Review, 110(3), 403-421. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.110.3.403
- Wakslak, C. J., Trope, Y., Liberman, N., & Aloni, R. (2006). Seeing the forest when entry is unlikely: Probability and the mental representation of events. Journal of Experimental Psychology, General, 135, 641-653. https://doi.org/10.1037/0096-34188.8.131.521
- Yang, Y., & Kim, M. H. (2012). The influence of construal level, message type, and temporal distance on message attitude and purchase intention. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 23(2), 151-172.