- Volume 49 Issue 4
This study was to suggest the creation of hybrid bibliographic records in complicated bibliographic environment applying both AACR2 and RDA for uniform display and correct search. The literature reviews and case studies were used as the research methods. In case studies, Kent State University, University of Houston as the libraries, and Backstage Library Works as algorithm converting to hybrid records were surveyed. For creating the hybrid records, it was needed to differentiate hybrid records and born RDA records, to keep the data that appeared in 250 tag without spelling out edition data, to maintain 260 tag instead of converting 260 tag to 264 tag, and last to design mapping table for converting GMD to CMC. This study would suggest uniform display and search through hybridization of bibliographic records of foreign resources.
Hybrid Record;Hybridization;RDA Re-catalog;RDA Record Enrichment
Supported by : 공주대학교
- 이미화. 2015. 하이브리드 서지레코드의 생성 및 관리 방안에 관한 연구. 한국문헌정보학회 학술발표논집, 35: 61-78.(Lee, Mihwa. 2015. "A Study on the Creation and Management of Hybrid Bibliographic Records." Korean Society for Library and Information Science Occasional Papers Series, 35: 61-78.)
Backstage Library Works. 2013. Resource Description Access: Enrichment Planning Guide. Bethlehem, USA: Backstage Library Works. [online] [cited 2015. 2. 3.]
- El-Sherbini, M. 2013. RDA: Strategies for Implementation. Chicago: ALA.
Guajardo, R. 2013. Converting to RDA. [online] [cited 2015. 9. 24.]
Wu, A. and Gehring, S. 2013. RDA Implementation: A Multi-Campus Effort. [online] [cited 2015. 9. 22.]
- Joint Steering Committee for the Development of RDA. 2010. RDA: Resource Description and Access, RDA Toolkit. Chicago: American Library Association, Canadian Library Association and CILIP.
Library of Congress. 2013. Report of the PCC Post-Implementation Hybrid Bibliographic Records Guidelines Task Group. [online] [cited 2015. 2. 3.]
Online Computer Library Catalog. 2013. OCLC RDA Policy Statement. Dublin, USA: Online Computer Library Catalog. [online] [cited 2015. 2. 3.]
- Panchyshyn, R. and Park, A. L. 2015. "Resource Description and Access (RDA) Database Enrichment: The Path to a Hybridized Catalog." Cataloging & Classification Quarterly, 53(2): 214-233. https://doi.org/10.1080/01639374.2014.946574
- Welsh, A., Carty, C. and Williams, H. 2012. ""Mind the [Trans-Atlantic] Gap, Please": Awareness and Training Needs of UK Catalogers." Journal of Library Metadata, 12: 242-263. https://doi.org/10.1080/19386389.2012.699854
Arbuckle, N. and Cothran, N. 2014. RDA IN PRACTICE: ENRICHMENT VS. Side-by-Side Comparison ORIGINAL CATALOGING. Bethlehem, USA: Backstage Library Works. [online] [cited 2015. 9. 24.]
Kent State University. 2013. Hybrid Records Policy. [online] [cited 2015. 9. 24.]