- Volume 49 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Internationalization of Domestic Journals for Enhancing the Global Influence: An Analysis on KoreaScience Journals
해외 영향력 확산을 위한 국내 학술지의 국제화에 관한 연구 - KoreaScience 학술지를 중심으로 -
- Received : 2015.10.22
- Accepted : 2015.11.05
- Published : 2015.11.30
Today, many learned societies are very interested in publishing international journal, especially for titles from non-English speaking countries. In Korea, there is not many studies on publishing international journals except for some cases trying to internationalize domestic journals. This study analyzed international factors of domestic 143 titles offering DOI by KoreaScience. The analysis showed that many of these journals have low impact factors and editorial board without a lot of foreign scholars. Some titles don't have online submission platform or English websites. It is recommended that domestic journals should reinforce international factors including global distribution with visibility to be considered as reputable international journals.
SCIE;DOI;KoreaScience Journal;Internationality;International Journal;Impact;International Collaboration
- 김영진. 2012. 한국 과학지식의 세계화 추이 분석. 과학기술학연구, 12(2): 1-31.(Kim, Young Jin. 2012. "An Analysis of Globalization Trends in the Korean Scientific Knowledge." Journal of Science & Technology Studies, 12(2): 1-31.)
- 박재원, 류범종, 김병규. 2012. The Pure and Applied Mathematics 학술지의 국제 색인 DB 등재 지원을 위한 ACOMS 4.0 활용 방안 연구. 한국수학교육학회 학술발표논문집, 2: 79-88.(Park, Jae-Won, You, Beom-Jong and Kim, Byung-Kyu. 2012. "A Study on Use of ACOMS 4.0 for Indexing the Title 'The Pure and Applied Mathematics' on International Citation Index." In Proceedings of the KSME 2012 Fall Conference on Mathematical Education, 2: 79-88.)
- 서태설, 최희윤. 2011. DOI와 오픈액세스를 활용한 학술지의 국제적 이용 활성화 방안. 정보관리 연구, 42(4): 1-21.(Seo, Tae-Sul and Choi, Hee-Yoon. 2011. "Global Dissemination of Domestic Scholarly Journals Using DOI and Open Access." Journal of Information Management, 42(4): 1-21.)
- 신은자. 2011. 국내 SCIE 학술지의 출판 현황과 활성화에 관한 연구. 한국문헌정보학회지, 45(4): 157-178.(Shin, Eun-Ja. 2011. "Activation of Publishing Domestic SCIE Journals Based on the Situation Analysis." Journal of the Korean Society for Information Management, 45(4): 157-178.)
- 오동근, 여지숙, 박상후. 2015. 기관 발행 국제학술지의 성공요인 분석: ETRI Journal 사례를 중심으로. 정보관리학회지, 32(3): 361-375.(Oh, Dong-Geun, Yeo, Ji-Suk and Park, Sang-Hoo. 2015. "An Analysis on the Success Factors of International Journal by Institution: With a Special Regard to the Case of the ETRI Journal." Journal of Korean Society for Information Management, 32(3): 361-375.)
- 오동근 외. 2014. 학술지의 국제화를 위한 운영 및 발전방안 연구. 한국도서관․정보학회지, 45(2): 159-178.(Oh, Dong-Geun et al. 2014. "A Study on the Operation Method for the Internationalization of the Academic Journal." Journal of Korean Library and Information Science Society, 45(2): 159-178.)
- 한국과학기술평가원. 2015. 우리나라 과학기술 논문 발표 현황. KISTEP 통계 브리프, 1: 1-13.(Korea Institute of Science & Technology Evaluation and Planning. 2015. "The Statistics of Article Publishing in Science & Technology in Korea." KISTEP Statistics Brief, 1: 1-13.)
- Aviles, F. P. and Ramirez, I. S. 2015. "Evaluating the Internationality of Scholarly Communications in Information Science Publications." iConference 2015 Proceedings, 1-4.
- Buela-Casal, G. and Zych, I. 2012. "How to Measure the Internationality of Scientific Publications." Psicothema, 24(3): 435-441.
- Buela-Casal, G. et al. 2006. "Measuring Internationality: Reflections and Perspectives on Academic Journals." Scientometrics, 67(1): 45-65. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-006-0050-z
- Calver, M. et al. 2010. "What Makes a Journal International? A Case Study Using Conservation Biology Journals." Scientometrics, 85(2): 387-400. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-010-0273-x
- Dinkel, A. et al. 2004. "On Raising the International Dissemination of German Research: Does Changing Publication Language to English Attract Foreign Authors to Publish in a German Basic Psychology Research Journal?" Experimental Psychology, 51(4): 319-328. https://doi.org/10.1027/1618-322.214.171.1249
- Kim, J. 2013. "Globalization of the Research Information." Journal of Korean Academic Pediatric Dentistry, 40(4): 342-345. https://doi.org/10.5933/JKAPD.2013.40.4.342
- Kim, M. 2010. "Visibility of Korean Science Journals: An Analysis between Citation Measures among International Composition of Editorial Board and Foreign Authorship." Scientometrics, 84(2): 505-522. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-010-0168-x
- Kirchik, O., Gingras, Y. and Lariviere, V. 2012. "Changes in Publication Languages and Citation Practices and Their Effect on the Scientific Impact of Russian Science (1993-2010)." Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 63(7): 1411-1419. https://doi.org/10.1002/asi.22642
Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information. 2015a. Article Contribution Management System. Daejeon: Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information. [online]
Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information. 2015b. KoreaScience. Daejeon: Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information. [online]
- Park, H. and Leydesdorff, L. 2008. "Korean Journals in the Science Citation Index: What Do They Reveal about the Intellectual Structure of S&T in Korea?" Scientometrics, 75(3): 439-462. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11192-007-1862-1
- Salager-Meyer, F. 2014. "Writing and Publishing in Peripheral Scholarly Journals: How to Enhance the Global Influence of Multilingual Scholars?" Journal of English for Academic Purposes, 13: 78-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jeap.2013.11.003
- Seo, T., Jung, E. and Kim, H. 2013. "Patterns of Citing Korean DOI Journals according to CrossRef's Cited-by Linking and a Local Journal Citation Database." Journal of Information Science Theory and Practice, 1(2): 58-68. https://doi.org/10.1633/JISTaP.2013.1.2.4
Thomson Reuters. 2014. Journal Citation Reports. New York: Thomson Reuters. [online]
Ulrichsweb. 2015. Global Serials Directory. Ann Arbor, USA: ProQuest. [online]
- Zainab, A. N. 2008. "Internationalization of Malaysian Mathematical and Computer Science Journal." Malaysian Journal of Library & Information Science, 13(1): 17-33.
- A comparative study of the impact of Korean research articles in four academic fields using altmetrics vol.18, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1108/PMM-02-2016-0005