- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Elementary School Pre-service, In-service, STEAM Leader School Teachers' Difficulties and Requirements in the relation to STEAM Education in G Area
G지역에서 융합인재교육(STEAM)에 대한 초등 예비교사, 현직교사, STEAM 리더스쿨 교사들의 어려움과 요구사항
- Choi, Eun-Young (Geumdang Elementary School) ;
- Han, Kwang-Lae (Gwangju National University of Education) ;
- Lee, Kyung-Hak (The Attached Elementary School of Gwangju National University of Education)
- Received : 2015.12.01
- Accepted : 2015.12.24
- Published : 2015.12.31
The purpose of this study was to investigate the elementary school pre-service teachers' and in-service teachers' and STEAM leader school teachers' difficulties and requirements in the relation to STEAM Education. For this study, 49 pre-service teachers, 57 in-service teachers, 16 leader school teachers in G Area were selected. And they conducted the survey. The results of this study were as follows. First, in order to minimize elementary teachers' physical burden actually, it is necessary to distribute STEAM teaching materials including various and specific programs to the schools in the booklet. Second, for the fast and effective spreading of STEAM, it also should be permitted the pre-service teachers to access STEAM homepage, which is limited to teachers. Third, we should make circumstance to research on STEAM through collaboration with colleagues freely. Therefore, we should give intensive training and consulting opportunities to science teacher. Because they who is getting stronger in this field to do this can furnish other colleagues to teaching tips and information in the relation to STEAM education. By all this fulfillment simultaneously, STEAM will be settlement in elementary school in the short period.
- Ahn, Jae-Hong, Kwon Nan-Joo (2012). Investigation on the Feasibility and Teachers" Perception in the STEAM Program Development and Application. The Bulletin of Science Education. 25(1), 83-89.
- Geum, Young-Choong, Bae, Seon-A (2012). The recognition and needs of elementary school teachers about STEAM education. Journal of Korean Institute of Industrial Educators. 37(2), 57-75.
- Han, Hye-Sook, Lee, Hwa-Jeong (2012). A Study on the Teachers' Perceptions and Needs of STEAM Education. Korean Association for Learner-centered Curriculum and Instruction. 12(3), 573-603.
- Lee, Jeong-Min, Shin, Young-Joon (2014). An Analysis Elementary School Teachers' Difficulties in the STEAM Class. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education. 33(3), 588-596. https://doi.org/10.15267/keses.2014.33.3.588
- Lee, Ji-Won, Park, Hye-Jeong, Kim, Jung-Bog (2013). Primary Teachers' Perception Analysis on Development and Application of STEAM Education Program. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education. 32(1), 47-59.
- Lim, Soo-Min, Kim, Young-Shin, Lee, Tae-Sang (2014). Analysis of Elementary School Teachers' Perception on Field Application of STEAM Education. Journal of Science educational studies. 38(1), 133-143.
- Ministry of Education and Science Technology(MEST) (2010). Republic of Korea to open the future to the creative talent and advanced science and technology. Business Report 2011.
- Shin, Young-Joon, Han, Sun-Kwan (2011). A Study of the Elementary School Teachers' Perception in STEAM(Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Matioematics) Education. Journal of Korean Elementary Science Education. 30(4), 514-523.
- Shin, Jae-Han (2013). Survey of Primary & Secondary school teachers' recognition about STEAM convergence education. Korean Journal of the Learning Sciences. 7(2), 29-53.
- Son, Yeon-A, Kim, Ran-I, Nam, Mid-Eum, Son, E-Nok, Moon, Sung-Chae, Kim, Dong-Ryeul (2014). An Analysis of Science Education Experts and In-service and Pre-service Teachers' Perceptions of Changes in the Middle School Science Curriculum (from the 6th Curriculum to the 2009 Revised Curriculum. Education Culture Research. 20(4), 61-100. https://doi.org/10.24159/joec.2014.20.4.61
- The Korea Foundation for the Advancement of Science and Creativity(KOFAC) (2011). registration date: 2011.07.18., research date: 2015. 11.30. (https://www.kofac.re.kr/)