- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
Factors Influencing Job Satisfaction of Nurses Working in Long-term Care Hospitals: Focused on Burnout and Burden for Caring Problematic Behaviors in Dementia
요양병원 간호사의 직무만족도 영향요인: 치매 문제행동 간호에 대한 부담, 소진을 중심으로
- Received : 2015.10.08
- Accepted : 2015.11.06
- Published : 2015.11.30
This study was to investigate the factors influencing job satisfaction of nurses in long-term care hospitals focusing on burnout and burden. The participants were 206 nurses recruited from long-term care hospitals in B metropolitan city and C city. Data were collected from January to March, 2014 and analyzed using SPSS WIN 18.0 program. The frequency of experience was
Burnout;Dementia;Job satisfaction;Long-term care hospital;Nurse
- National Health Insurance Service[Internet], 2014 the Frist Half Long-term Care Insurance Statistics Annual Report, Cited June 1, 2014, Available From: http://www.nhis.or.kr/bbs7/boards/B0039/3115.(Accessed June 1, 2014)
- National Health Insurance Service[Internet], 2014 the First Half Health Insurance Major Statistics Data, Cited September 1, 2014, Available From: http://www.nhis.or.kr/menu/boardRetriveMenuSet.xx?menuId=F3322. (Accessed September 1, 2014)
- Korea Ministry of Government Legislation[Internet ] , Medical Law, Cited March 1, 2015, Available From: http://www.law.go.kr/lsSc.do?menuId=0&p1=&subMenu=1 &nwYn=1§ion=&query=%EC%9D%98%EB%A3% 8C%EB%B2%95&x=0&y=0#liBgcolor7.(Accessed March 1, 2015)
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service [Internet], 2014 Review of Medical Expenses, Cited May 1, 2015, Available From: http://www.hira.or.kr/dummy.do? pgmid=HIRAA020041000000&cmsurl=/cms/notice/02/13 32409_24959.html&subject=2014.(Accessed May 1, 2015)
- Korea Health Industry Development Institute[Internet], Elderly Dementia Care Hospital Support Business Performance Assessment, Cited May 1, 2015,Available From: http://www.khidi.or.kr/board/view?linkId=100348 &menuId=MENU00085.(Accessed May 1, 2015)
- National Institute of Dementia[Internet], Number of people with dementia today, Cited May 1, 2015, Available From: http://www.nid.or.kr/dementia_center/statistics/statistics.asp.(Accessed May 1, 2015)
- Dementia Information 365[Internet], What is dementia, Cited May 1, 2015, Available From: http://www.edementia.or.kr/encyclo/disease#1, Accessed May 1, 2015
- K. A. Kim, "Deveopment of an assessment tool of problematic behaviors for institutionalized old people with dementia", Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul University, Seoul, 2003.
- J. A. Song, J. W. Park, H. J. Kim, "Impact of Behavioral and Psychological Symptoms of Dementia on Caregiver Burden in Nursing Homes", J Korean Gerontol Nurs, Vol.15, No.1, pp.62-74, 2013.
- J. J. OH, "The Experience of Nursing Staff on the Dementia Patients Aggressive Behavior", J Korean Acad Nurs, Vol.30, No.2, pp.293-306, 2000. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2000.30.2.293
- A. M. Pines, E. Aronson, D. Kafry, "Burnout: From Tedium to Personal Growth", New York: The Free Press, 1981.
- E. H. Peek, "A study of the correlation between burnout and job satisfaction levels among nurses", Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul, 1982.
- M. R. Shim, K. H. Kim, "Job Satisfaction, Self-Esteem, and Nursing Task Performance among Registered Nurses and Nurse Assistants in Long-Term Care Hospitals", J Korean Acad Nurs, Vol.16, No.4, pp.446-54, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.4.446 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2010.16.4.446
- Health Insurance Review & Assessment Service [Internet], 2012 Long-term Care Hospitals Adequacy Test, Cited May 1, 2015, Available From: http://www.hira.or.kr/dummy.do?pgmid=HIRAA0200410 00000&cmsurl=/cms/notice/02/1316521_24959.html&sub ject.(Accessed May 1, 2015)
- Y. H. Lee, "A study on Job Stress and Job Satisfaction of Nurses in Long-Term Care Hospital", Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul, 2010.
- M. R. Sung, S. N. Kim, "Stress and Job Satisfaction of Health Care Workers in a Dementia Center", J Korean Gerontol Nurs, Vol.13, No.3, pp.224-32, 2011.
- M. Y. Kim, J. H. Park, K. J. Lee, J. M. Yoon, "The Study on Care Worker's Self-Efficacy, Job Satisfaction and Turnover Intention at Long-Term and Home Care Service Centers", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, Vol.62, pp.361-82, 2013.
- J. W. Shin, J. H. Baek, "A Comparative Study on Job Stress and Job Satisfaction of Long-Term Care Staffs for Physically Disabled Seniors with Rating 1 and for Demented Seniors with Rating 3", Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, Vol.31, No.4, pp. 1067-81, 2011.
- J. S. Kim, "Knowledge and Care Burden for the Patients with Dementia in Acute Hospital Nurse", Unpublished master's thesis, Soonchunhyang University, Chungnam, 2012.
- P. L Stamps, E. B. Piedmont, D. B. Slavitt, A. M. Hasse, "Measurement of work satisfaction among health professionals", Medecal Care. Vol.16, No.4, pp.337-52, 1978. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/00005650-197804000-00006 https://doi.org/10.1097/00005650-197804000-00006
- S. A. Park, S. N. Yoon, "Measurement of job Satisfaction of Nurses and Health Workers in Health Centers", J Korean Acad Nurs. Vol.22, No.3, pp.316-24, 1992.
- D. Y. Lim, "Coping with dementia related behavior problems of the elderly and care providers", J Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.16, No.7, pp.4805-15, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4805 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.7.4805
- H. N. Jo, S. J. Kim, "Relationship of Job Stress, Hardness, and Burnout among Emergency Room Nurses", Journal of the Korean Industrial Nursing Association, Vol.23, No.1, pp.11-9, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2014.23.1.11
- B. Y. Chung, J. Y. Han, "Influential Factors Related to Job Satisfaction in Hospice Nurses: Focus on Emotional Labor and Burnout", J Korean Acad Nurs Adm, Vol.20, No.3, pp.322-31, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.322 https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2014.20.3.322
- K. S. Han, Y. H. Park, S. R. Kim, "The Influence of Stress-related Personality Traits, Hardiness, and Burnout on Job Satisfaction in Nurse", Korean J Str Res, Vol.19, pp.79-87, 2011.
- G. H. Yoon, M. S. Kim, J. H. Kim, K. D. Nam, K. S. Do, K. S. Park, editors, "Introduction to psychology", pp.213-4, Seoul: Hakjisa, 2007.
- H. J. Kim, H. R. Lee, S. O. Choi, "Resilience to Burnout, Self-esteem and Turnover Intention of Nuses in Long-term Care Hospitals", J Korean Gerontol Nurs. Vol.15, No.3, pp.218-26, 2013.
- Experience of Job Stress among Nurses Working in Long-term Care Hospital: A Phenomenological Approach vol.28, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7475/kjan.2016.28.5.572