- Volume 16 Issue 11
DOI QR Code
A Study on Relationship between Level of Cigarette Consumption, Eating and Mental-psychological State among Adolescents : Based on 2013 Korea Youth Risk Behavior Survey
청소년의 흡연정도, 식습관 및 정신·심리상태와의 관련성 연구: 2013년 청소년 건강행태온라인조사를 바탕으로
- Choi, Yeon-Hee (College of Nursing, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Chae, Jung-Hwa (College of Nursing, Kyungpook National University)
- Received : 2015.08.07
- Accepted : 2015.11.06
- Published : 2015.11.30
This study aimed to identify the difference and relation of eating and mental-psychological state according to the level of cigarette consumption in adolescents and to provide the basic data for the effective smoking cessation program. Data were obtained from the Ninth Korea Youth Risk Behavior Web-based Survey (2013 KYRBS). SPSS 18.0 was used to analyzed with descriptive statistics,
Adolescent;Eating;Level of cigarette consumption;Mental-psychological health
- American Psychiatric Association DSM-5 Task Force, "Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders DSM-5", pp. 947, American Psychiatric Association, 2013.
- K. O. Chang, E. K. Byun, N. Y. Lee, S. Y. Choi, "The effects of knowledge about the harmfulness of smoking and attitude toward smoking temptation for middle school students", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 522-531, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.4.522 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.4.522
- H. E. Morrell, A. V. Song, B. L. Halpern-Felsher, "Earlier Age of Smoking Initiation May Not Predict Heavier Cigarette Consumption in Later Adolescence", Prevention Science, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 247-254, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11121-011-0209-6 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11121-011-0209-6
- Korea Center for Disease Control and Prevention. The 10th(2014) adolescent health behavior survey ststistics online, Available From :http://yhs.cdc.go.kr/upload/. (accessed Feb, 24, 2015).
- S. Y. Lee, E. Y. Jeon, "Psychological factors associated with adolescent smoking", Korean journal of youth studies, Vol. 8, No.1, pp. 197-217, 2001.
- Y. I. Chon, J. H. Kim, "Effects of Smoking, Drinking, Exercise on Body Composition, Nutrient Intakes and Serum Lipids in Male High School Students", Korean Journal of Community Nutrition, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 19-28, 2004.
- H. J. Park, "Eating habit and the nutrition intake status of male engineering high school students according to smoking and non-smoking", Unpublished master's Thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu, 2007.
- M. K. Choi, H. K. Cho, C. J. Sung, "Comparative study on nutrient intake, blood pressure and serum lipid profile of Korean adult men according to smoking status", Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol. 35, pp. 164-170, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.2.164 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2006.35.2.164
- H. O. Kim, M. S. Jeon, "The Relationship Between Smoking, Drinking and the Mental Health in Adolescents", Journal of Korean Public Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 217-229, 2007.
- Y. S. Kim, B. R. Jeong, "An Analysis of Articles Related to Smoking and Smoking Cessation of Korean Adolescents", Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp. 53-62. 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.1.53 https://doi.org/10.12799/jkachn.2010.21.1.53
- E. J. Lee, "The Study on Living and Eating Habits Related to Smoking of Technical High School boy in Seoul", Unpublished master's Thesis, Dongguk University, Seoul, 2009.
- S. H. Park, J. H. Kang, J. S. Chun, H. J. Oh, "A Longitudinal comparative study of mental health between adolescent smokers and adolescent nonsmokers", Journal of Adolescent Welfare, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 75-94, 2010.
- W. K. Kim, "Predictors of Smoking Behavior in Korean Male and Female Youth", Journal of Future Oriented Youth Society, Vol. 11, No. 2, pp. 63-85, 2014.
- J. K. Kim, G. H. Kim, "Determinants of Smoke and Smoking Frequency among Middle and High School Students", Youth Culture Publishes Forum, Vol. 33, pp. 88-119, 2013.
- H. J. Lee, K. S. Kim, K. H. Kim, G. W. Nam, K. W. Min, S. S. Lee, C. H. Jeong, S. Y. Park, "Relationship between Socio-demographic Characteristics, Health and Internet Addiction among the Korean Adolescents and their Smoking Behaviors", Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 695-702, 2013. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.5.695
- A. Morabia, E. L. Wynder, "Dietary habits of smokers, people who never smoked, and exsmokers", American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol. 52, pp. 933-937. 1990. https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/52.5.933
- K. O. Shin, C. H. An, H. J. Hwang, K. S. Choi, K. H. Chung, "Effect of Smoking and Drinking Habits on the Nutrient Intakes and Health of Middle and High School Boy Students", Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol. 38 No. 6, pp 694-708, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.6.694 https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.6.694
- D. B. Wilson, B. N. Smith, I. S. Speizer, M. K. Bean, K. S. Mitchel, L. S. Uguy, E. A. Fries, "Differences in food intake and exercise by smoking status in adolescents", American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Vol. 40, pp. 872-879, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2004.10.005 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ypmed.2004.10.005
- Y. J. Jee, "Analysis of Internet Addiction, Eating, Physical Activity Behavior nd Mental-psychological State among Korean Adolescents: Based on 2010 Korean Youth Risk Behavior Survey", Journal of Korea Academic-industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 4979-4988, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.10.4979 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.10.4979
- J. E. Cade, B. M. Margetts, "Relationship between diet and smoking..is the diet of smokers different?", Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health, Vol. 45, No. 4, pp. 270-272, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/jech.45.4.270 https://doi.org/10.1136/jech.45.4.270
- Y. C. Park, "The introductory health science for smoking cessation", pp. 604, Korean Studies Information, 2011.
- M. S. Kim, J. H. Kwon, "The outcome study of cognitive behavioral and behavioral smoking abstinence program for Korean nicotine dependent adolescents", The Korean Journal of Clinical Psychology, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 1-23, 2006.
- B. G. Simons-Morton, "The protective effect of parental expectations against early adolescent smoking initiation", Health Education Research, Vol. 19, No. 5, pp. 561-569, 2004. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/her/cyg071 https://doi.org/10.1093/her/cyg071
- K. S. Cho, "Prevalence of Hardcore Smoking and Its Associated Factors in Korea", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 33, No. 1, pp. 603-628, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2013.33.1.603 https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2013.33.1.603
- An Analysis of Dietary Life Characteristics and Influence Factors of Korean Women vol.54, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.6115/fer.2016.030