- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
BIM System Development for Conceptual Design and Pre-Feasibility Study of Cable-Stayed Bridge
BIM 기반 사장교의 개념설계 및 예가분석 시스템 개발
- Chun, Kyoung-Sik (Infra Research Group, R&D Center, POSCO Engineering & Construction) ;
- Park, Won-Tae (Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Kongju National University)
- Received : 2015.08.24
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
This paper has developed the system for supporting the approximate construction cost and the quantity estimation based on 3D model information in the pre-project planning phase of 3-span continuous cable-bridge with 2-pylons. First of all, we'd analyzed the design information (structural design report, blueprint and quantity) of the existing cable-stayed bridges and derived the design variables of cable-stayed bridges. We developed the BIM wizard that generates a cable-stayed bridge model parametrically based on derived design variables. The principle material quantities of cable-stayed bridge are calculated directly from 3-dimensional bridge model built by using the BIM wizard. Then, we can estimate the construction cost in relation to its quantities and unit cost of cable-stayed bridge. In a result, we have established the system that the construction cost can be estimated more specific than the conventional method (construction estimates per meter or square meter). We hereby will be able to review various alternatives as soon as possible in bidding process.
Supported by : 포스코건설
- Lewis, W.J., "A Mathematical Model for Assessment of Material Requirements for Cable Supported Bridges: Implications for Conceptual Design", Engineering Structures, Vol. 42, pp. 266-277, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.04.018 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.04.018
- Kim B.G., Kim C.H., Ko Y.K., Chun K.S., Choi C.H., "A BIM Wizard for Approximate Cost Estimation of Cable Bridges", Korean Society of Civil Engineers(KSCE), Proceeding of the Annual Conference of the KSCE, 2014.
- Estimation Model for Approximate Construction Quantities of Suspension Bridge in Early Stage vol.6, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.11004/kosacs.2015.6.4.024