- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
The Relationship between Weathering Degree and Reflectance of Laser Scanner Considering RGB Value
RGB 값을 고려한 레이저 스캐너 반사율과 풍화도의 관계에 대한 연구
- Yoo, Wan-Kyu (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Kim, Jinhwan (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Kim, Tae-Ho (NEXGEO Inc.)
- Received : 2015.07.15
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
Recently, to improve manual mapping method, digital mapping using high-resolution camera and laser scanner has increasingly attracted attention and the relevant study is reportedly on the rise. In this study, laboratory and field test which are intended to quantitatively analyze and estimate the weathering degree which is one of the engineering characteristics of tunnel face using laser scanner that integrates high-solution imaging technique have been conducted. In a bid to analyze correlation between reflectance of laser scanner and weathering degree, investigation of the factors influencing on reflectance was carried out. And to minimize the effect on RGB value which is one the critical influential factors on reflectance, modification equation obtained from lab test was proposed. Modification equation proposed in this study was verified by comparing the values before and after correction using the data obtained by scanning. Consequently, weathering index estimated by modified reflectance appeared very similar with dominant weathering degree and weathering ratio monitored at the field.
Grant : 터널시공 중 디지털 맵핑을 통한 온라인 암판정 기술 및 운영모델 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- C. H. Kim and J. Kemeny, "Automatic Extraction of Fractures and Their Characteristics in Rock Masses by LIDAR System and the Split-FX Software", TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 1-10, 2009.
- H. K. Seo and J. G. Um, "A Study on Measurement of Rock Joint Roughness Using the Digital Photogrammetry", TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Vol. 22, No. 6, pp. 438-448, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7474/tus.2012.22.6.438 https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2012.22.6.438
- J. W. Son, W. Min, J. G. Ahn and I. W. Heo, "Application of 3D Scanner for Tunnel Construction Using IT", The Korea Society of Information Technology Services Semiannual, pp. 162-165, May, 2010.
- N. K. Kwak, S. J. Cho and S. Lee, "Study of Tunnel Face Mapping Using Tunnel Mapper", KGS Fall National Conference, pp. 200-211, September, 2010.
- S. G. Hwang, "Remote Measurements of the Geological Structures, Using Photogrammetric Method", The Journal of Engineering Geology, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 201-212, 2005.
- C. Gerthsen and H. Vogel, "Physik. 17, verbesserte und erweiterte Auflage", Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 1993.
- D. D. Lichti and B. R. Harvey, "The Effects of Reflecting Surface Material Properties on Time-of-Flight Laser Scanner Measurements", Symposium on Geospatial Theory, Processing and Applications, Ottawa, 2002.
- H. Ingensand, A. Ryf and T. Schulz, "Performances and Experiences in Terrestrial Laserscanning", Proceedings of the 6th Conference on Optical 3D Measurement Techniques, Zurich, pp. 1-8, 2003.
- I. S. Lee, C. S. Yang, D. K. Tcha, J. M. Lee and H. M. Kim, "Investigation into the Reflectance Inensity of Colorchecker Chart Using Terrestrial Laser Scanner VZ-400", (KSCE 2010 Convention) 2010 Civil Expo & Conference, pp. 1089-1090, 2010.
- N. Pfeifer, P. Dorninger, A. Haring and H. Fan, "Investigating Terrestrial Laser Scanning Intensity Data: Quality and Functional Relations", International 8th Conference on O3D, Zurich, Switzerland, pp. 328-337, 2007.
- G. Y. Kim, D. J. Seo and D. Y. Moon, "An Analysis of Accuracy for Submarine Topographic Information by Interpolation Method", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp. 67-76, 2006.
- J. S. Park, "Solar Radiation Analysis of Atria by the Monte Carlo Method and Ray-tracing Technique", Journal of The Korean Society of Living Environment System, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 16-24, 2000.