- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Influencing Factors on Quality of Nursing Services in General Hospital Nurses using the Structural Equation Model
구조방정식모형을 이용한 종합병원 간호사들의 간호서비스의 질에 영향을 미치는 요인 분석
- Lee, Myung-Jun (Department of Public Health, Graduate School of Chungnam National University) ;
- Cho, Young-Chae (Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Chungnam National University School of Medicine)
- Received : 2015.07.01
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study explored the quality of nursing services in relation to a nurse's psychosocial factors (type A behavior pattern, self-esteem, locus of control, and anxiety), job stress, and fatigue. This study targeted 503 nurses who currently work at six different general hospitals in Daejeon city, The data was collected by self-administered questionnaire which was surveyed from April 1 to June 30, 2014. As the result of analysis of covariance, psychosocial factors affect the quality of nursing services more than job stress or fatigue. In addition to that, as parts of psychosocial factors, high self-esteem and low fatigue, job stress, and anxiety increase the quality of nursing services. The research above implies that the quality of nursing services of nurses who work at the general hospital has a correlation with not only the psychosocial factors but also job stress, and fatigue.
- Joo MK. A Study on the Determinants of consumer Oriented Nursing Service Quality. Graduate School of Seoul National University, Doctor's thesis, 2001.
- Ben-Sira Z. The structure of a hospital's image. Medical Care, Oct(21); 943-954, 1983.
- Lee PS. The Public Medical Service and Marketing. The Korean Nurses Association news, 1998.
- Lee MA. A Study of the Nursing Service Perceived by Consumers and providers, and the Tool that Measures Nursing Service. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 33(6):772-783, 2003. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.6.772
- Lee MA. A Study of Nursing Services Quality, General Satisfaction of Medical Service, and Revisiting Intent of Hospital. J Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, 13(3):362-372, 2007.
- Lim JY. A Study on the Nursing Service Image in Hospital. Graduate School of Korea University master's thesis, 1998.
- Kim SY, Kwon IS, Cho YC. Relationship Between Job Stress and Symptoms Among Nurses in a University Hospital. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 13(4);1759-1768, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.4.1759 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2012.13.4.1759
- Chae GS. A Study on the Positioning of Nursing Services. Graduate School of Yonsei University master's thesis, 1996.
- Lim JY, Kim SI. Measurement of Nursing Service Quality Using SERVQUAL Mode. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 6(2):259-279, 2000.
- Lee MA. A Study of the Consumers and Provider's Perception on the Factor of Nursing Service Quality and the Hospital Revisiting Intent. The Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society, 10(4):473-484, 2004.
- Kim KS, Ha EH. Factors Affecting Quality of Nursing Services and Intention to Revisit as Perceived by Hospitalized Patients and Nurses in Medium Sized Urban Hospital. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 15(2):103-114, 2009.
- Haynes SG, Feinleib M, Levine S. Scotch N, Kannel W. The relationship of psychosocial factors to coronary heart disease in the Framingham study. Am J Epidemiol, 107(5):362-383, 1978. https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordjournals.aje.a112556
- Chang SJ. A study on the distribution and risk factors for psychosocial distress, and the development work site stress reduction program. Ministry of Health & Welfare 2001.
- Rosenberg M. Society and the adolescent self image. Princeton, N.J. Princeton University press, 1965.
- Levenson H. Multidimensional locus of control in psychiatric patients. J Cons Clin Psychol 41:397-404, 1973. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/h0035357 https://doi.org/10.1037/h0035357
- Zung WWK. A rating instrument for anxiety disorders. Psychosomatics, 12:371-379, 1971. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0033-3182(71)71479-0 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0033-3182(71)71479-0
- Karasek RA, Theorell T, Schwartz JE, Schnall PL, Pieper CF, Michela JL. Job characteristics in relation to the prevalence of myocardial infarction in the US Health Examination Survey(HES) and the Health and Nutrition Survey(HANES). Am J Public Health, 78:910-918, 1988. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.78.8.910 https://doi.org/10.2105/AJPH.78.8.910
- Schwartz JE, Jandorf L, Krupp LB. The measurement of fatigue: a new instrument, J Psychosom Res, 37(7):753-762, 1993. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3999(93)90104-N https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3999(93)90104-N
- Chang SJ. Standardization of collection and measurement of health statistics data. The Korean Society for Preventive Medicine. Seoul, 92-143, 2000.
- Parasuraman, A., Zeithaml, V.A. & Berry, L.L. SERVQUAL : A Multiple-Item Scale for Measuring Consumer Perceptions of Service Quality. Journal of Retailing, 64(spring):12-40, 1988.
- Lee MA. Nutting Services Positioning Analysis for Nursing Service Repositioning. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 29(2):383-392, 1999. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.19126.96.36.1993
- Smith, T, Anderson, NB. Models of personality and disease: An interactional approach to type A behavior and cardiovascular risk. J Pers Soc Psychol, 50:1166-1173, 1986. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.526 https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.2066
- Evans, G.W., Palsane, MN, Carrere, S. Type A Behavior and occupational stress: A cross-sectional study of bluecollar workers. J Soc Psychol, 52:1002-1007, 1987.
- Baker, L.M. Measuring and modeling the effects of fatigue on performance: Specific application to the nursing profession. University of Missouri, Columbia, USA. 2009.
- Lee HS. Effect of the Occupational Stress and self Esteem on Mental Health among Nurses. The Journal of Korea Contents Society, 13(3):251-259, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.03.251 https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.03.251
- Suh MH. The effect work stress and exhaustion of nursing home caretakers on the quality of service provided. Graduate School of Daegu Haany University master's thesis, 2012.
- Chae JH. The effects of job Stress and Fatigue of home care nurses on the quality of nursing service, Graduate School of Kyung hee University master's thesis, 2013.
- Song HJ. The Effects of Clinical Nurses' Self-Esteem and Communication Skill on Self-Leadership and the Quality of Nursing Service. Graduate School of Wonkwang University master's thesis, 2014.