- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Effect of Team-based Learning on Anatomy Subject for Biological Nursing Science Education of Nursing students
기초간호과학 해부학 교육에서의 팀기반 학습 효과
- Lim, So-Hee (Nursing Department, ShinSung University)
- 임소희 (신성대학교 간호학과)
- Received : 2015.07.15
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
This sturdy examined the effectiveness of Team-Based Learning(TBL) program according to learning attitude, learning motivation and self-directed learning of nursing students learning the anatomy. A 12week TBL program which they were made small group as 6-7 students aimed at anatomy aspects was given 145 freshmen. A triangulation that quantitative Research used paired t-test, Pearson Correlation Coefficient by SPSS WIN 18.0 and qualitative research was conducted content analysis. Through this subject, significant improvement was found in learning motivation(t=-2.97, p<.003) and self-directed learning(t=-2.40, p<.018). There was a significant positive correlation. TBL is useful teaching and learning method on nursing students. We suggest that it is needed to measure the educational effects of TBL against other subjects.
- K. J. Koh, S. J. Kim, H. K. Kang, "Study on Educational Satisfaction of a College's Nursing Students According to PBL Strategies." The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 16(1). pp.33-42, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.033 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.1.033
- Y. H. Shin, H. K. Hur, S. M. Park, H. Y. Song, G. Y. Kim, "Development of an integrated clinical nursing practice course for improvement of nursing competency among nursing students." The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 13(1), pp.32-40, 2007.
- B. S. Yang, "A Study on the Adapting Process of Nursing Students to Problem Based Learning." The Journal of Korean Academic of Nursing. 36(1), pp.25-36. 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.1.25
- I. S. Park, D. K. Kim, "Effect of TBL on oral prophylaxis education of dental hygiene curriculum."Journal of Korean Academy Society Dental Health. 33(1), pp.125-133, 2009.
- A. R. Cho, S. I. Han, S. H. Yoon, J. H. Park, N. J. Yoo, S. Kim, "Methods of effective team-based learning administration and expected effects on medical education." Korean Journal of Medical Education. 22(1), pp.47-55, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2010.22.1.47 https://doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2010.22.1.47
- D. W. Johnson, R. T. Johnson, J. E. Holubec, Cooperation in the classroom: Trainer's manual. Edina, MN: Interaction Book Company. 2002.
- P. A. Thomas, C. W. Bowen, "A controlled trial of team-based learning in an ambulatory medicine clerkship for medical students." Teaching and Learning in Medicine. 23(1), pp.31-36. 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10401334.2011.536888 https://doi.org/10.1080/10401334.2011.536888
- K. H. Park, C. H. Park, W. J. Chung, C. J. Yoo, "Implementation of problem-based learning combined with team-based learning." Korean Journal of Medical Education. 22(3), pp. 225-230, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2010.22.3.225 https://doi.org/10.3946/kjme.2010.22.3.225
- R. W. Frengley, J. Weller, J. M. Weller, J. Torrie, P. Dzendrowskyj, B. Yee, "The effect of a simulation-based training intervention on the performance of established critical care unit teams." Critical Care Medicine. 39, pp.2605-2611. 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/CCM.0b013e3182282a98 https://doi.org/10.1097/CCM.0b013e3182282a98
- Y. M. Lee, J. K. Nam, H. J. Cho, S. Y. Lee, "Formative research on Team-Based Learning model in a technical high school class." The Journal of Korean Industrial Education Association. 36(2), pp.1-23, 2011.
- H. Y. Kang, E, Y, Choi, H, R, Kim, "Nursing student's experiences in team based simulation learning." The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 19(1), pp.5-15. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.5 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.5
- S. J. Han, "The impact of TBL(team-based learning) on nursing students." Journal of Digital Convergence. 11(11), pp.595-602. 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.595 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.11.595
- Y. S. Roh, E. N. Ryoo, D. W. Choi, S. S. Baek, S. S. Kim, "A survey of student perceptions, academic achievement, and satisfaction of Team-based Learning in a Nursing course." The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 18(2), pp.239-247, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.239 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2012.18.2.239
- E. J. Cho, "Effects of four team-based High-risk neonatal nursing simulation methods comprising peer turnover on baccalaureate nursing students' perceived outcomes; Clinical judgment, Core skills performance, and Satisfaction." Journal of The Korea Society of Health Informatics and Statistics. 39(2), pp.13-31, 2014.
- K. O. Choi, Y. M. Park, "The effects of team-based learning on problem solving ability, critical thinking disposition and self-directed learning in undergraduate nursing students." Journal of East-West Nursing Research. 20(2), pp.154-159, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/jewnr.2014.20.2.154 https://doi.org/10.14370/jewnr.2014.20.2.154
- S. H. Jeong, Human anatomy practice using the creative training technique. Seoul: Medical Korea. 2009.
- J. Sim, "The learning effects of instructional media on anatomy classes in a nursing college." Journal Korean Biol. Nurinsg sci. 11, pp.51-58, 2009.
- P. G. Koles, A. Stolfi, N. J. Borges, S. Nelson, D. X. Parmelee, "The impact of team-based learning on medical students' academic performance." Academic Medicine, 85, pp.1739-1745, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0b013e3181f52bed https://doi.org/10.1097/ACM.0b013e3181f52bed
- H. R. Kim, E. Y. Choi, H. Y. Kang, "Simulation module development and team competency evaluation." The Korean Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing. 18(3), pp.392-400, 2011.
- N. K. Denzin, The research act(3rd ed). New York: McGraw-Hill. 1989.
- S. Y. Hwang, Effects of problem-based learning on the knowledge achievement, critical thinking ability, attitude and motivation toward learning of nursing students. Chonnam National University, Unpublished doctor's Thesis, Gwangju, pp.1-117, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02905780
- J. M. Keller, "Development and use of the ARCS model of instructional design." Journal of Instructional Development. 10(3), pp.2-10, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/BF02905780 https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02905780
- S. K. Park, Effects of the constructivist instructional model using ARCS strategies on the acquisition of scientific conceptions and learning motivation. Pusan National University, Unpublished doctor's Thesis, Pusan, pp.1-209, 1998.
- L. M. Guglielmino, "Development of the self-directed learning readiness scale." Dissertation Abstracts international. 38, pp.64-67, 1977.
- M. Q. Patton, Qualitative research & evaluation methods(3rd ed.). Newbury park, CA: Sage. 2001.
- I. S. Park, The effect of cooperative learning on academic achievement and attitude: a ameta-analysis. Unpublished master's Thesis, ChungBuk National University. ChungBuk, pp.1-219, 1998.
- H. S. Barrows, "A taxonomy of problem based learning methods." Medical Education, 20. pp.481-486. 1986. DOI:http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2923.1986.tb01386.x https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2923.1986.tb01386.x
- S. O. Choi, J. K. Park, S. H. Park, "Factors influencing the adaptation to the college life of nursing students" The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education. 21(2), pp.182-189, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2015.21.2.182