- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Characteristics of Flexural Cracking Widths in FRP-Reinforced Concrete Beams Subjected to Short-Term Loads
단기하중을 받는 FRP-보강근 콘크리트 보의 휨균열폭 특성
- Choi, Bong-Seob (Department of Architectural Engineering, Chungwoon University)
- 최봉섭 (청운대학교 건축공학과)
- Received : 2015.08.03
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
The use of FRP(Fiber-reinforced polymer) bars results in larger crack widths under service load due to the generally low elastic modulus and poor bond characteristics of FRP as compared with steel reinforcing bars. The work presented herein includes the results from 12 beams composed of nine rectangular beams and three T-beams reinforced with FRP bars tested under four-point bending. It was investigated that the bond coefficient,
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- ACI Committee 440, "Guide for the Design and Construction of Concrete Reinforced with FRP Bar (ACI 440.1R-06)". American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Michigan, 44pp., 2006.
- ACI Committee 318-05, "Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete (ACI 318M-05) and Commentary (ACI 318M-05)". American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Michigan, 430pp., 2005.
- El-Nemr, A., Ahmed E. A. and Benmokrane B., "Flexural Behavior and Serviceability of Normal-and High-Strength Concrete Beams Reinforced with Glass Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Bars", ACI Structural Journal, V. 110, No. 6, pp.1077-1087, 2013.
- Bouguerra, K., Ahmed, E. A., El-Gamal, S., and Benmokrane, B., "Testing of Full-Scale Concrete Bridge Deck Slabs Reinforced with Fiber Reinforced Polymer (FRP) Bars", Construction and Building Materials, V. 25, No. 10, pp. 3956-3965, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.04.028 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.04.028
- Lee, W. K., Jansen, D. C., Berlin, K. B. and Cohen, I. E., "Flexural Cracks in Fiber-Reinforced Concrete Beams with Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Reinforcing Bars", ACI Structural Journal, V. 107, No. 3, pp. 321-329, 2010.
- Gergely, P. and Lutz, L., "Maximum Crack Width in Reinforced Concrete Flexural Members", Causes, Mechanism and Control of Cracking in Concrete, ACI SP-20, pp. 87-117, 1968.
- ACI Committee 440, "Guide for the Design and Construction of Concrete Reinforced with FRP Bar (ACI 440.1R-01)", American Concrete Institute, Farmington Hills, Michigan, 41pp., 2001.
- Frosch, R. J., "Another Look at Cracking and Crack Control in Reinforced Concrete", ACI Structural Journal, V. 96, No. 3, pp. 437-442, 1999.
- Veysey, S. and Bischoff, P. H., "Designing FRP Reinforced Concrete for Deflection Control", Fiber-Reinforced Polymer Reinforcement for Concrete Structures, ACI SP-275, pp. 3.1-3.23, 2011.