- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the recognitions and effects of Urban Regeneration factors -focused on Busan's village activist trainees-
도시재생 전략요인에 관한 인식과 영향 연구 -부산시 마을활동가 교육생을 대상으로-
- Park, Hee-Jung (Division of International-Tourism, Silla University)
- 박희정 (신라대학교 국제관광학부)
- Received : 2015.08.27
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
Urban regeneration can be an effective tool to promote sustainability and enhance quality of village. Urban regeneration can be considered to be the process of reversing economic, social and physical decay having reached the point where market forces alone will not suffice. For this study, 154 village activist trainees are surveyed. Using the survey results, factor analysis, multi-regression analysis is conducted to identify the factor's significance and to find improvement properties by composing the significance and the satisfaction level. The purpose of this study is to suggest strategy of urban regeneration through the effect of urban regeneration factor on recognition and satisfaction. The findings show that environmental regeneration factor is more influential than economic, social and cultural factors on recognition and satisfaction. This study provide a convenient set of indicators for strategic focus to help urban regeneration policy.
- H. K. Kim et al., "Practice Urban Regeneration-Busan's experience and lesson", miseum, 2014.
- D. J. Lee, "Change the center of city-Big heart Project", BusanIlbo, 2015.1.19.
- N. Y. Kim, Y. Kim, and G. H. Bae, "A Study on Strategy and Impacts of Urban Regeneration in small and medium-sized cities in Gyeongnam Province", Journal of Residential Environment Institute of Korea, 11(2), pp.219-232.
- Creative City Bureau "Main Operational Plan", Busan Metropolitan City, 2015.
- B. H. Lee, B. S. Min, k. I. Wang, W. J. Lee, C. M oon and K. B. Kim, "Urban Regeneration strategies to improve the Environment of CBD Area", KRIHS, 2008.
- H. D. Kwon, "A study on the evaluation of importan ce and performance for the social capital of urban regeneration : focused on an existing urban district of seognam", master at graduate of Hanyang University, 2012.
- B. D. Lee and J. S. Shim, "A study on regeneration of derelict urban areas throughout resident's participation: focusing on the comparison of case studies from Japan, England and the US.", Journal of Korean Association of Cadastre Information, 14(2), pp.183-206, 2012.
- J. H. Yang and Y. S. Han, "A study on the evaluation of Neighborhood-Making Projects supported by administration-concentrated on the Projects of Happy Neighbourhood-Making in 2012, Architectural Research, 15(3), pp.101-110, 2013.
- Y. H. Kyoung, "Analysis of evaluations and determin ants on residential resettlements in accordance with urban regeneration", Ph.D Dissertation of Pusan National University, 2009.
- Hubbard, P., "Urban Design and City regeneration : Social Representations of Entrepreneurial Landscapes", Urban Studies, 33(8), pp.1441-1461, 1996. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/0042098966745 https://doi.org/10.1080/0042098966745
- Roberts, P. and Sykes, H., "Urban Regeneration", SAGE Publication, 2000.
- Colquhoun, I., "Urban Regeneration : An International Perspective", B. T. Batsford Ltd., 1995.
- Smith, N., "New Urbanism: Gentrification as Globalism", Antipode. Blackwell Publishers, 2002.
- Hudson, A. and Evans, T., "Regeneration and Sustainability: The Language of Planning", Urban Design International, 10(2), pp.87-94, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.udi.9000137 https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.udi.9000137
- Y. H. Kim, T. W. Choi and D. S. Oh, "A Study o n the Strategies and Elements of Growth Management-typed City Center Regeneration", Journal of Korea Planning Association, 38(3), pp.85-97, 2003.
- Y. B. Yim and D. S. Oh, "An Analysis of the characteristics of Urban Regeneration in Europe and U. S.", Architectural Research, 19(11), pp.147-154, 2003.
- C. B. Park, "A Study on Characteristics of CBD Development Strategies in Perth, Western Australia", Architectural Research, 22(2), pp.175-182, 2006.
- A. B. Hwangbo, "Conservation of Hanok Houses and Urban Regeneration-a case study of Sosongdong in Taegu City-", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 15(6), pp.3944-3949, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762.KAIS.2014.15.6.3944 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.6.3944
- B. W. Cho, "Demand Research and Strategy in Urban Regeneration Projects", ChungNam Institute Research Report. 2007.
- O. H. Kim, "The Value of Cittaslow as an approach to Urban Regeneration for Sustainable Communites: A perspective of Tourism on Gamcheon Village, Busan' Ph.D Dissertation of Hanyang University, 2014.