- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Analytical and Experimental Study on the Quality Stability of Multi Roll Forming Process
멀티 롤 포밍 공정의 품질 안정성에 대한 해석 및 실험적 연구
- Son, Jae-Hwan (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute(DMI)) ;
- Han, Chang-Woo (Division of Automobile, Yeungnam University College) ;
- Ryu, Kyung-Jin (Division of Automobile, Yeungnam University College) ;
- Kang, Hae-Dong (Daegu Mechatronics & Materials Institute(DMI)) ;
- Kim, Chul-Hong (Handock Hi-Tech Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2015.07.07
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
It is faced with the necessity of multi roll forming process of the ball slide rail which is made by adding the separate manufacturing processes, piercing, bending, trimming, to the roll forming process of a continuous plastic deformation, to improve the quality. However, the vibration and noise of the press machine in this process leads to the quality degradation of slide rail manufactured in this process. In this study, the roll was designed considering the optimal strain rates by the roll forming program with finite element method. And to estimate the static stability of the multi process the Von-Mises stress and deformation on the press was calculated with a structural analysis program. Also, to avoid driving systems in the resonance region their natural frequencies in the 1st and 2nd mode were calculated through the modal analysis. To verify its dynamic stability improvement the magnitudes of noise and vibration in the existing and studied system were compared using a microphone and accelerometers. And the widths and surface roughnesses of the rails which had been produced in the existing and studied process were measured. Therefore, it is known that multi roll forming process is stable in the analytical and experimental study.
- B. S. Kang, N. S. Kim, "A Study on Roll Wear in the Roll Forming Process", KSME, Vol. 27, No. 11, pp.1881-1888, 2003. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.11.1881
- H. S. Park and T. V. Anh, "Optimization of Process Parameters for Minimizaing Spring Back Angle in Roll Forming", KSME Manufacturing and design engineering division, pp.105-107, 2010.
- Y. I Kim, J.H Kim, Y.C Jeoung, N.S Kim, "Buckling Analysis of Roll Forming Process using Finite element method", KSME, Vol. 27, No. 9, pp.1451-1456, 2003. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3795/ksme-a.2003.27.9.1451 https://doi.org/10.3795/ksme-a.2003.27.9.1451
- S. M. Hong, N. S Kim, "Study on Scratch Defect of Roll Forming Process", A of KSME, Vol. 25, No. 8, pp.1213-1219, 2001.
- D. K Kim, Y. S Kim, K. H Lee, M. Y Lee, "Analysis of effects of the roll forming process parameters of bumper rail", KSME, pp.19-23, 2006.
- H. W. Lee and C. W. Park, "Development of Reducer for Generating Facility of Electric Power for Low Nois/vibration", Journal of the Korean for Precision Engineering, Vol. 25, No. 11, pp.73-82, 2008.
- S. S Kim, K. H Na, S. U Choi, H. J Park, S. J Lim, D. J Yoon, "A Study on the Flow Forming Process to Develop the Main Part of Auto Transmission of Automobile", Jounal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp.21-26, 2000.
- S. H. Jeong, S. H. Lee, "A Study on Simulation and of Straightness Prediction of Roll Forming Process", Journal of the Korean for Precision Engineering, pp. 585-586, 2007.
- C. W. Han, J. H. Son, K. J. Park, E. S. Jang, S. M. Woo, "A Study on Stability Estimation of a Orchard Vehicle using Multi-Body Dynamic and Finite Element Analysis", Journal of the Korean Academia-Industrial, Vol. 14, No. 9, pp. 4142-4148, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4142 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.9.4142
- J. H Jeong, C. I. Lim, H. J Kim, B. G Choi, "Snubber Analyzation and Vibration Measurement Estimation of Reciprocating Type Hydrogen Compressor", KSME Autumn Conference, pp.932-937, 2008.