- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A study on the supply-demand analysis and outlook for wood products
목제품 수급분석 및 전망에 관한 연구
- Lee, Sang-Min (Department of Forest Policy Research, Korea Rural Economic Institute) ;
- Bark, Ji-eun (Department of Forest Policy Research, Korea Rural Economic Institute)
- Received : 2015.07.23
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study aims to update the supply-demand model of wood products(FOSMO-2013) and to forecast mid and long run supply and demand for each products. The subjects of the study include sawnwood, plywood, particle board, fiberboard(MDF), and pulp. The updated partial equilibrium model is composed of supply function, import demand function, demand function, price relation function. The long run outlooks of world prices of wood and wood products are imported from the results of Buongiorno(2012). This study also adopt Buongiorno's scenarios, which includes three scenarios of IPCC(A1B, A2, B2) and the other one with assumption of increasing fuelwood consumption of A1B scenario. The result says that the domestic productions of wood products are expecting to decrease while the imports of them increase even there are some differences among the products as well as scenarios.
Supported by : 한국농촌경제연구원
- Adams, D.M., and R.W. Haynes. 1980. The 1980 softwood timber assessment market model: Structure, projections, and policy simulations. Forest Science Monograph 22.
- Adams, D.M., and R.W. Haynes. 1989. A model of national forest timber supply and stumpage markets in the Western United States. Forest Science 35(2):401-424.
- Buongiorno J., Shushuai Zhu, Dali Zhang, James Turner, and David Tomberlin. 2003. The Global Forest Model: structure, estimation, and applications. Academic Porss/Elsevier. San Diego. 301p.
- Buongiorno J, Shushuai Zhu, Ronald Raunikar, and Jeffrey P. Prestemon. 2012.Outlook to 2060 for World Forests and Forest Industries: a Technical document Supporting the Forest Service 2010 RPA Assessment. USDA.
- Joo, Rin Won and Lee, Seong Youn. 1998. "Development of an Econometric Model to Project Trends in Forest Products Markets in the Republic of Korea". Journal of Forest Science 58:72-92.
- Lee, Sang-Min, Chang, Cheol-Su and Kim, Kyeong-Duk. 2008. Modelling Supply-demand Structure and Outlook of Korean Timber. R573. Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Lee, Sang-Min, Cheol-Su Chang, Seong-Hwan Song, Ji-Eun Bark. 2014. A study of the supply-demand analysis and the outlook of the domestic timber resource to set a policy goal for the project of the Forest Resource Overseas Development. C2014-64. Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Kallio, M., D. P. Dykstra, and C. S. Binkley, eds. 1987. The Global Forest Sector: An Analytical Perspective. Wiley, New York.
- Lee, Sang-Min, Kim, Kyeong-Duk and Song, Seong-Hwan. 2013. The Supply and Demand Model and Outlook of Korean Forest Products. R706. Korea Rural Economic Institute.
- Lee, Sang-Min, Kim, Kyeong-Duk. Song, Seong-Hwan and Bark, Ji-Eun. 2014. Outlook of wood products markets with supply and demand model. Journal of Korean Forestry Society 103(3): 462-472. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14578/jkfs.2014.103.3.462 https://doi.org/10.14578/jkfs.2014.103.3.462
- Korea Forest Service. 1988-2014. Statistical Yearbook of Forestry.
- Korea Forest Research Institute. 2006. Change of forest resources and tend of forest supply and demand.
- Korea Forest Service. 2002-2012. Timber Supply and Demand Result
- Korea International Trade Association. http://www.kita.net
- Korea Price Information. http://www.kpi.or.kr
- The bank of korea. Economic Statistics System. http://www.bok.or.kr
- Korea Wood Panel Association. 1993-2012. Statics of Plywood, PB&MDF.
- Park Jong-Gyu, Sin Dong-Jin, Jang In-Sung, Kim Hye-Sun. 2012. 2012-2060 Long term financial prospect and analysis. National Assembly Budget Office.
- Lee hong-il, Park Cheol-Han. 2014. Mid-long term change trend outlook of domestic construction investment. Construction & Economy Research Institute of Korea