- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Headway Calculation and Train Control Algorithm for Performance Improvement in Radio based Train Control System
무선통신기반 열차제어시스템에서의 운전시격 계산과 간격제어 성능개선을 위한 열차간격제어 알고리즘
- Oh, Sehchan (Metropolitan Transit System Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Kyunghee (Metropolitan Transit System Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Lee, Sung-Hoon (Posco ICT R&D Center) ;
- Kim, Ja-Young (Posco ICT R&D Center) ;
- Quan, Zhong-Hua (Posco ICT R&D Center)
- 오세찬 (한국철도기술연구원 광역도시철도시스템 연구실) ;
- 김경희 (한국철도기술연구원 광역도시철도시스템 연구실) ;
- 이성훈 (포스코 ICT R&D 센터) ;
- 김자영 (포스코 ICT R&D 센터) ;
- 전종화 (포스코 ICT R&D 센터)
- Received : 2015.09.21
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
Radio based train control system performs train safe interval control by receiving in realtime the position information of trains driving in the control area of the wayside system and providing onboard system in each train with updated movement authority. The performance of the train control system is evaluated to calculate the minimum operation headway, which reflects the operation characteristics and the characteristics of the train as well as the interval control performance of the train control system. In this paper, we propose the operation headway calculation for radio based train control system and a new train interval control algorithm to improve the operation headway. The proposed headway calculation defines line headway and station headway by the estimation the safety margin distance reflecting the performance of the train control system. Furthermore the proposed Enhanced Train Interval Control(ETIC) algorithm defines a new movement authority including both distance and speed, and improves the train operation headway by using braking distance occurring inevitably in the preceding train. The proposed operation headway calculation is simulated with Korean Radio-based Train Control System(KRTCS) and the simulated result is compared to improved train interval control algorithm. According to the simulated results, the proposed operation headway calculation can be used as performance indicator for radio based train control system, and the improved train control algorithm can improve the line and station headway of the conventional radio based train control system.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- Zhu, Li, et al. "Train-ground communication in CBTC based on 802.11 b: Design and performance research." Communications and Mobile Computing, 2009. CMC'09. WRI International Conference on. Vol. 2. IEEE, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/CMC.2009.93 https://doi.org/10.1109/CMC.2009.93
- IEEE 1474.1 IEEE Standard for Communication-Based Train Control(CBTC) Performance and Functional Requirements.
- Kaixia, Dong, Liu Xiaojuan, and Zhu Yunyan. "Simulation Study of ATP Subsystem of CBTC System in Urban Mass Transit [J]." Railway Signalling & Communication 4 (2011): 004.
- Sehchan Oh, et al. "Design of ATP functions and communication interface specifications for Korean Radio-based Train Control System." Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), 2013 13th International Conference on. IEEE, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/iccas.2013.6704161 https://doi.org/10.1109/iccas.2013.6704161
- Oh, Sehchan, et al. "ATP functional allocation for Korean radio based train control system." Control, Automation and Systems (ICCAS), 2012 12th International Conference on. IEEE, 2012.
- Oh, Sehchan, Yongki Yoon, and Jonghyen Baek. "Development of Wireless Communication based Train Separation Control Simulator." Conference of Korean Society for Railway. 2011.
- Kim, Ickhee, et al. "A Study on Railroad Track Capacity According to Transit Railway Demand." Journal of the Korean Operations Research and Management Science Society 38.3 (2013): 23-35. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.7737/JKORMS.2013.38.3.023 https://doi.org/10.7737/JKORMS.2013.38.3.023
- Baek, Jong-Hyen, and Chang-Goo Lee. "The Study on Train Separation Control Technology using Balise for Conventional Line Speed Up." Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society 10.2 (2009): 256-263. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.2.256 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.2.256
- Yk Kim, Yh Lee, and Ck Ryu. "Headway comparison between ATS and ERTMS/ETCS systems." ICCAS 2003 (2003): 1333-1337.
- Jw Lee, Ej Joung, Jg Hwang, Cb Jung, "A Study on Minimum Headway Calculation", Spring Conference of Korean Society for Railway. 2000.
- Parkinson, Tom, and Ian Fisher. Rail transit capacity. Vol. 13. Transportation Research Board, 1996.
- Chen, Rong-wu, and Jin Guo. "Development of the new CBTC system simulation and performance analysis." 12th International Conference on Computer System Design and Operation in Railways and Other Transit Systems. 2010.
- HE, Chengcai, and Tao YANG. "Comparison of Headways in Moving Block andFallback Modes for CBTC System." Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University 3 (2012): 014.
- CHEN, Rongwu, Changqian ZHU, and Li LIU. "Calculation and optimization of train headway in CBTC system." Journal of Southwest Jiaotong University 4 (2011): 010.
- Dongsheng, Liang, and Xu Yi. "Analysis of Train Minimum Headway and Realization of Simulation Algorithm under CBTC Train Control Mode [J]." Modern Urban Transit 4 (2011): 002.