- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Study on the Validation of the Gated Cone-Beam Computed Tomography on Radiation Therapeutic Linear Accelerator
방사선치료용 선형가속기를 이용한 Gated Cone-Beam CT의 유용성 연구
- Seo, Jeong-Min (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Chan-Hyeong (Department of Nuclear Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Park, Byoung-Suk (Department of Radiation Oncology, Samsung Medical Center) ;
- Park, Cheol-Soo (Department of Radiological Science, Hanlym Polytechnic University) ;
- Jang, Hyon-Chol (Department of Radiological technology, Suseong College) ;
- Kim, Joung-Dae (Dep. of Preventive Medicine, College of Medicine, Kangwong National University)
- 서정민 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 김찬형 (한양대학교 원자력공학과) ;
- 박병석 (삼성서울병원 방사선종양학과) ;
- 박철수 (한림성심대학교 방사선과) ;
- 장현철 (수성대학교 방사선과) ;
- 김정대 (강원대학교 의과대학 예방의학교실)
- Received : 2015.05.20
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
The respiration is one of important factor in the radiation therapy. The existing commercial method of cone-beam computed tomography on LINAC does not consider respiratory motion of patient hence the images are both distorted and inaccurate. In this study, the cone-beam computed tomography images have been reconstructed from back projection radiography of specific phase on breathing cycle which concerned about respiratory movement in radiation therapy. This study investigated how different between cone-beam CT images with and without gating respiratory movement, and this paper provides that guide and implementation of gated cone-beam CT on radiation therapeutic equipment.
- Lars Dietrich, Thomas Tucking, Simeon Nill and Uwe Oelfke, "Compensation for respiratory motion by gated radiotherapy", Phys. Med. Biol., Vol. 50, pp. 2405-2414, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/50/10/015 https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/50/10/015
- Siewerdsen JH, Daly MJ, Bakhtiar B, Moseley DJ, Richard S, Keller H and Jaffray DA, "A simple, direct method for x-ray scatter estimation and correction in digital radiography and cone-beam CT", Med. Phys., Vol. 33, No.1, pp. 187-197, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1118/1.2148916 https://doi.org/10.1118/1.2148916
- Jan-Jakob Sonke, Lambert Zijp, Peter Remeijer and Marcel van Herk, "Respiratory correlated cone beam CT", Med. Phys. Vol.32, No.4, pp. 1176-1186, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1118/1.1869074 https://doi.org/10.1118/1.1869074
- Ma C.-M. and Paskalev, K., "In-room CT tecnnique for image guided radiation therapy", Med. Dosim. Vol. 31, pp. 30-39, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.meddos.2005.12.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meddos.2005.12.010
- Wong, J.R., Cheng, C.W. and Grimm, L., "Clinical implementation of the world's first Primatom a combination of CT scanner and linear accelerator for precise tumor targeting and treatment", Med. Phys., Vol. 17, pp. 271-276, 2001.
- Rohini George, Theodore D. Chung, Sastry S. Vedam, Viswanathan Ramakrishnan, Radhe Mohan, Elisabeth Weiss and Paul J. Keall, "Audio-visual biofeedback for respiratory-gated radiotherapy", Int.J.Radiation Oncol. Biol. Phys., Vol. 65, pp. 924-933, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2006.02.035 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrobp.2006.02.035
- Swindell, W., Simpson, R.G., Oleson, J.R., "Computed tomography with a linear accelerator with radiotherapy applications", Med. Phys. Vol. 10, pp. 416-420, 1983. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1118/1.595391 https://doi.org/10.1118/1.595391
- Paul J. Keall, Gig S. Mageras, et al., American Association of Physicists in Medicine, "The Management of Respiratory Motion in Radiation Oncology, Report of AAPM Task Group 76", pp. 7-15, American Association of Physicists in Medicine, 2006.
- J. Daniel Bourland, "Image-Guided Radation Therapy", pp. 71-130, CRC Press, 2012
- J. Daniel Bourland, "Image-Guided Radation Therapy", pp. 43-70, CRC Press, 2012.
- Robert Timmerman, Lei Xing, "Image-Guided and Adaptive Radation Therapy", pp. 3-40, Wolters Kluwer, 2010.
- Steven F. Petit, Wouter J. C. van Elmpt, Philippe Lambin, Andre L.A.J. Dekker, "Dose recalculation in megavoltage cone-beam CT for treatment evaluation : Removal of cupping and truncation artefacts in scans of the thorax and abdomen", Radiotherapy and Oncology, Vol 94, pp.359-366, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2009.12.001 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.radonc.2009.12.001
- Oliver Morin, Amy gillis, Josephine Chen, "Megavoltage Cone-Beam CT : System Description and Clinical Applications", Medical Dosimetry, Vol 31, No. 1, pp.51-61, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.meddos.2005.12.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meddos.2005.12.009
- Spies L, Ebert M, Groh BA, Hesse BM, Bortfeld T., "Correction of scatter in megavoltage cone-beam CT", Phys Med Biol, Vol. 46, pp. 821-833, 2001. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/46/3/316 https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/46/3/316
- Verellen D, Ridder MD, Linthout N, Tournel K, Soete G, Storme G., "Innovations in image-guided radiotherapy", Nat Rev Cancer, Vol. 7, pp. 949-960, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nrc2288 https://doi.org/10.1038/nrc2288
- Jeong-Ho Kim, Seok-Hwan Bae, Ki-Jin Kim, Se-Jong Yu, Jee-Yoon Kim, "Analysis of setup error at rectal cancer radiotherapy technique", Jounal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol 14, No. 12, pp.6346-6352, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6346 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2013.14.12.6346
- Paul J. Keall, Gig S. Mageras, et al., American Association of Physicists in Medicine, "The Management of Respiratory Motion in Radiation Oncology, Report of AAPM Task Group 76", pp. 24-25, American Association of Physicists in Medicine, 2006.
- Robert Timmerman, Lei Xing, "Image-Guided and Adaptive Radation Therapy", pp. 191-201, Wolters Kluwer, 2010.