- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Emergence of Environmental Regulation in Complex System Paradigm
복잡계 패러다임에서 환경규제의 출현에 대한 연구
- Lee, Han-Woong (Business Service Center for Global Environmental Regulation Industrial Environmental Division, Korean Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Kim, Seong-Hun (Business Service Center for Global Environmental Regulation Industrial Environmental Division, Korean Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Bae, Ha-Na (Business Service Center for Global Environmental Regulation Industrial Environmental Division, Korean Institute of Industrial Technology) ;
- Seo, Yong-Mo (School of Business, Chungnam National University)
- 이한웅 (한국생산기술연구원 국가청정생산지원센터 환경규제대응실) ;
- 김성훈 (한국생산기술연구원 국가청정생산지원센터 환경규제대응실) ;
- 배하나 (한국생산기술연구원 국가청정생산지원센터 환경규제대응실) ;
- 서용모 (충남대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2015.08.17
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
The primary purpose of this paper is to find out the environmental regulation in our global society with complex system concept. After the industrial revolution, there were working toward solving various problems while there has been an industry advancement. But, there are various issues that a simple international trade or economic technologic levels were not solved. The evolution of technologies through complex systemic thought are not accidental issues. These issues build and provide a predictable technology innovation that system was emergent a new order. With complex systemic thought, the earth that was facing environmental problems was in the phrase edge of chose. These conditions played the trigger role for the solving various problems in environmental regulations but they don't get along well together. There were no causal relationship between structural elements. This paper describes an emergence of new order through these interactions in environmental regulation. These environmental regulations make desperate efforts not only public sectors but also private or/and firms that make an emergence of new order with the critical point reached. Also, we provide the understanding base an environmental regulation with new order for uncertainty.
- OECD, The environmental effect of trade. OECD, Paris. 1994.
- Youn-Guoy Moon, Seung-Hyun Seo, A Study on the Construction of Governamce in Complex Systems, Korean Association for Public Management, 23(3), 121-144. 2009. https://doi.org/10.24210/kapm.2009.23.3.005
- Ki-Hyung Kim, A Study on the Usefulness and Applicability of Complexity Theory in Policy Studies. KOREAN JOURNAL OF PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION. 47(2). 281-312. 2009.
- Arthur, W. B. "Complexity and Economy", Science Vol. 284, pp. 107-109, 1999. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1126/science.284.5411.107 https://doi.org/10.1126/science.284.5411.107
- Simon, H. A, "Near Decomposability and Complexity : How a Mind Resides in a Brain", The Mind, the Brain, and Complexity Adoptive system, Morowitz, H. J. and Singer, J. L ed., Reading, MA : Addition-Wesly, 1995.
- Min-Jung Lim, Moon-Hee Park, A Study on Fashion Design at Chaos Theory Characteristic, Journal of Digital Design, 12(2), pp. 439-448. 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2012.12.2.041 https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2012.12.2.041
- Byung-won Min, Domestic politics which solved by complex system, Seoul, SERI. 2006.
- Young-Soo Yun, Seung-Byung Chae, An Introduction to complex system, Seoul, SERI. 2005.
- Young-Duck Jung et al., Rational Choice and Neosystemism, Seoul, DaeYoung Press. 1999.
- Seok-Jun Kim, New Governance and Cybver Governance Reasech, Seoul, DaeYoung Press. 2001.
- Chang-Koo Kang, A Study on the Effect and Political Implication on the International Environmental Agreements, Collected Papers in SangJiYoungseo University, Vol. 25. pp. 95-141. 2005.
- The Ministry of Environment, Climate Change Agreement Respondence system Research. 2002.
- Shin-wha Lee et al., Global Environment Governance theory and Practice, 2007.
- David L. Levy and Peter J. Newell, "Introduction: The Business of Global Environmental Governance",: in David L. Levy and Peter J. Nwell(eds.) The Business of Global Environmental Governance (Cambridge, MA, the MIT Press, 2004), pp. 2-3. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12016-004-0001-5
- Guidebook for Environmental introduce National Standard refurbishing project for the Cleanness Production Groundwork, Korea Association of Standard. 2010.
- OECD. Fostering Innovation for Green Growth, OECD Green Growth Studies, p. 33. 2011.
- Rothwell, Roy. Industrial Innovation and Government Environmental Regulation: Some lessons from the Past. Technovation, 12(7): 447-458. 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0166-4972(92)90055-M https://doi.org/10.1016/0166-4972(92)90050-R
- Jaffe, Adam B., Steven R. Peterson, Paul R. Portney and Robert N. Stavins. Environmental Regulation and the Competitiveness of U.S. Manufacturing: What does the evidence tell us? Journal of Economic Literature, 33(1): 132-163. 1995.
- Palmer, Karen, Wallace E. Oates and Paul R. Portney. Tightening Environmental Standards: The benefit cost or no-cost paradigm. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 9: 119-132. 1995. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1257/jep.9.4.119 https://doi.org/10.1257/jep.9.4.119
- Joo-Hyun Cho, Focusing on Korean Manufacturing Industries: Environmental Regulation Implementation and Innovation, Economic Research, 52(4), pp. 279-313. 2003.
- Man-Ok Kang, A Panel Data Analysis of the Effects of Environmental Regulation on Competitiveness of the Korean Manufacturing Sector, Environment Politics, 14(1), pp. 169-193, 2006.
- Lanoie, Paul, Michel Patry, and Richard Lajeunesse. Environmental Regulation and Productivity: Testing the Porter Hypothesis. Journal of Productivity Analysis, 30: 121-128. 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s11123-008-0108-4 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11123-008-0108-4
- Porter, Michael E. and Claas van der Linde. Green and Competitive: Ending the Stalemate. Harvard Business Review: 120-134, 1995.
- Vries, Frans P. de and Cees Withagen. Innovation and Environmental Stringency: The Case of Sulfur Dioxide Abatement. Center Discussion Paper No. 2005-18. 2005.
- Il-jae Yoo, A Study on Countermeasures and application plan of EU Chemical material management(REACH) at Industry Safety Health Law. Occupational Safety and Health Research Institute. 2011.