- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Ecosystem Factors that Affect Abandoned Mine Area Residents' Life Satisfaction
생태체계 요인이 폐광지역 주민의 생활만족도에 미치는 영향
- Roh, Hyo-Lyun (Department of Physical Therapy, Kangwon National University)
- 노효련 (강원대학교 물리치료학과)
- Received : 2015.06.25
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
This study was conducted to figure out measures to improve abandoned mine area residents' life satisfaction from the viewpoint of ecosystems. The subjects of this study were 195 residents aged at least 30 years and structured survey were used collected from April, 3, 2014 to 20. The levels of abandoned mine area residents' mental health were measured using the general mental health scale and the residents' life satisfaction was examined using a life satisfaction scale. The abandoned mine area resident's life satisfaction was a little higher than the middle and their future life satisfaction was shown to be the lowest. Out of the microsystemic factors, mental health degree contributing to the quality of life and those with lower depression and anxiety showed higher life satisfaction. None of the mesosysystemic factors, were not found to influencing the quality of life. Out of the macrosystemic factors were found to be mine area special law in influencing the quality of life. In order to improve the life satisfaction of the mine locals seem to need practical strategies related for maintaining a healthy mind and continued implementation of the economic revitalization policy.
- M. S. Chang, K. S. Park, "Factors affecting life satisfaction for the aged: From the ecosystem perspectiv", Health and Social Welfare Review, 32(2), pp. 232-266, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2012.32.2.232 https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2012.32.2.232
- J. S. Cha, N. J. Kim, "The influence of career success on life satisfaction of Korean workers: based on fit relationship between importance and achievement", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 17(1), pp. 293-308, 2015.
- M. C. Lee, "A literature review on social capital in enterprises for sustainable development", Research of Skills Development, 10(1), 1-22, 2007.
- K. J. Park, G. U. Lim, J. Y. Moon, Y. Hwangbo, Y. H. Park, "Relationship between policy dispute on Sejong city planning and local residents' health status", Journal of Korean Medical Association, 55(5), pp. 491-498, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.5.491 https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.5.491
- S. G. Yoo, B. H. Lee, "Methods of activating the mining area living space preservation and restoration businesses", Research Institute for Gangwon, 11(14), pp. 1-2, 2011.
- S. H. Chung, "Socioeconomic change and regional development in Kangwon southern-belt mine area", Korean Regional Sociology, 7(2), pp. 219-246, 2006.
- K. E. Chang, "A study on the ecological factors affecting the death anxiety among the elderly", Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 49, pp. 267-286, 2010.
- U. Bronfenbrenner, "The ecology of human development", Cambridge: Harvard Univ. Press, 1979.
- C. B. Germain, "Human behavior in the social environment: An ecological view", pp. 3-19, New York: Columbia Univ. Press, 1991.
- K. T. Kim, M. A. Kang, "Mathematical approach for environmental impact analysis of soils from abandoned mines", The Journal of Engineering Geology, 18(3), pp. 297-302, 2008.
- J. J. Lee, H. L. Roh, "Factors of the quality of life on the life satisfaction of elderly people living in abandoned mine regions" Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial, 15(9), pp. 5637-5643, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5637 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.9.5637
- Samcheck City, "The school restructuring of feasibility report and basic design on dogae area", Korea Industry Development Institute, 2013.
- J. S. Kang, "A effect of social capital on the life satisfaction of the community residents" Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial, 15(2), pp. 875-882, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.875 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.2.875
- J. Cohen, "A power primer", Psychological Bulletin, 112(1), pp. 155-159, 1992. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.112.1.155 https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.112.1.155
- S. I. Shin, "The validity and reliability of the Korean version of the general health questionnaire: KGHQ-20 & KGHQ-30", Korean Journal of Social Welfare, 46, pp. 210-235, 2001.
- S. J. Choi, "A study on the development of measuring scale of the concept of life satisfaction", Journal of Korean Culture Institute, 49, pp. 233-258, 1986.
- K. O. Chang, J. H. Lim, D. Y. Bae, "A path analysis model for life satisfaction in the elderly", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 16(5), pp. 2711-2723, 2014.
- S. J. Kang, "The analysis on the determinants of life-satisfaction in Korea", Research of Economics, 58(1), pp. 5-36, 2010.
- Y. H. Choi, K. S. Paek, "The correlational study on health-promoting behavior, life satisfaction and self-esteem of the elderly", The Journal of Korean Community Nursing, 13(1), pp. 39-48, 2002.
- J. Y. Park, S. J. Shim, H. G. Lee, "2012 Measuring subjective well-being meathod", Research Report of Korean Official statistics Development Institute, 2012.
- Y. M. Jung, "Life stress, coping behavior, and life satisfaction among the middle-aged adults", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 13(3), pp. 1279-1291, 2011.
- M. K. Choi, S. Y. Ahn, "Mental health, self-efficacy, self-esteem and emotional support of the people with chronic physical illness", Journal of the Korean Data Analysis Society, 17(1), pp. 439-452, 2015.