- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Design of a Broadband Sleeve Monopole Antenna by Using Matching Characteristics of the Sleeve
슬리브 정합 특성을 이용한 광대역 슬리브 모노폴 안테나 설계
- Ryu, Han-Cheol (Department of Car Mechatronics, Sahmyook University)
- 류한철 (삼육대학교 카메카트로닉스학과)
- Received : 2015.08.26
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
The optimization design method for the broadband operation of the sleeve monopole was proposed to unify the multiple antennas essential to the multi-functional broadband wireless communication systems into one antenna. The structure of the sleeve part was optimized to enhance the impedance matching characteristics based on the theoretical analysis that sleeve part can works as the open stub. The thick monopole was used for the broadband operation. The radius of the sleeve and the permittivity of the dielectric inside the sleeve was optimized to enhance the impedance matching characteristics for the broadband operation. The optimized sleeve monopole having thick monopole shows broadband characteristics over 3:1 bandwidth, from 0.8 to 2.43 GHz, which is suitable for the commercial wireless communication system. The proposed broadband sleeve monopole can reduce multiple antennas essential to the multi-functional broadband systems to one antenna.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- J. Liang, C. C. Chiau, X. Chen, and C. G. Parini, "Study of a Printed Circular Disc monopole Antenna for UWB Systems", IEEE Trans. Ant. Propag. Vol. 53, pp. 3500-3504, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.858598 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.858598
- M. Ojaroudi. Sh. Yazdanifard, N. Ojaroudi, and M. Naser-Moghaddasi, "Small Square Monopole Antenna With Enhanced Bandwidth by Using Inverted T-Shaped Slot and Conductor-Backed Plane", IEEE Trans. Ant. Propag. Vol. 59, pp. 670-674, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2096386 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2010.2096386
- S. Velan, E. F. Sundarsingh, M. Kanagasabai, A. K. Sarma, C. Raviteja, R. Sivasamy, and J. K. Pakkathillam, "Dual-Band EBG Integrated Monopole Antenna Deploying Fractal Geometry for Wearable Applicaitons", IEEE Ant. Wire. Propag. Lett. Vol. 14, pp. 249-252, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2014.2360710 https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2014.2360710
- W. L. Stuuzman, G. A. Thiele, "Antenna Theory and Design", John Wiley & Sons, 1981.
- R. W. P. King, "Asymmetrically Driven Antennas and the Sleeve Dipole", Proceedings of the I. R. E., Vol. 38, pp.1154-1164, 1950. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/jrproc.1950.233110 https://doi.org/10.1109/JRPROC.1950.233110
- A. J. Poggio, P. E. Mayes, "Pattern Bandwidth Optimization of the Sleeve Monopole Antenna", IEEE Trans. Antennas Prop., Vol. AP-14, pp. 643-645, 1966. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1966.1138764 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1966.1138764
- R. Johnson and H. Jasik, Antenna Engineering Handbook, Second Ed., New York : McGraw-Hill, 1984.
- H. D. Chen, "Compact Broadband Microstrip-Line-Fed Sleeve Monopole Antenna for DTV Application and Ground Plance Effect", IEEE Ant. Wire. Propag. Lett. Vol. 7, pp. 497-500, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2008.2004213 https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2008.2004213
- R. W. P. King, T. T. Wu, "The Cylindrical with Arbitrary Point", IEEE Trans., Antenna Prop., vol. AP-13, pp.710-718, 1965. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1965.1138531 https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.1965.1138531
- J. D. Kraus, "Antennas", McGraw-Hill, New York.
- V. Zachou, C. G. Christodoulou, M. T. Chryssomallis, D. Anagnostou, and S. Barbin, "Planar Monopole Antenna with Attached Sleeves", IEEE Ant. Wire. Propag. Lett. Vol. 5, pp. 286-289, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2006.876970 https://doi.org/10.1109/LAWP.2006.876970