- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Estimation Model of Electric Energy Consumption on Logistics Center Based on Thermodynamics Theory
열역학 이론 기반의 물류센터 전기에너지 소비량 산출 모형
- Cui, Lian (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Virginia) ;
- Kim, Young-Joo (Logistics System Research Division, Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Cheolsun (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Seoul National University)
- Received : 2015.08.21
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
Electric energy consumption is always followed by the introduction of diversity scale-up and state-of-the-art equipments in logistic centers. In order to analyze the status and the characteristic of the electric energy consumption quantitatively, and also to evaluate the efficiency of the electric energy, this research aims to develop an estimation model of standard electric energy consumption for logistic centers. The proposed model applies the thermodynamics theory so as to effectively reflect the peculiarity that the temperature in the logistic center influences the electric energy consumption. And the model consists of the energy consumed by the refrigerator, which can be subdivided into the heat conducted through the wall, the heat convected by the open doors and the heat lost into the goods, and the electric consumption of the machinery equipments. The model also includes a variety of explanatory variables to support an operator of logistics centers in evaluating the efficiency of energy consumption and establishing improvement strategies for energy efficiency. Application of the model developed in this study is discussed with observed data on energy consumption of a logistics center.
Supported by : 국토교통부
- The Korea Transport Institute, "Korean Macroeconomic Logistics Costs in 2010", 2013.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Press released in August 27th, 2013.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, "Project on the Development of Logistics Facilities Energy Savings (Dock Systems, Fan Systems, the Self Powered Roller, the Energy Control & Management System)", Survey data, 2014.
- Korea Electric Power Corporation, "Table of Electricity Fare", 2013. (http://home.kepco.co.kr/kepco/KO/ntcob/list.do?boardCd=BRD_000099&menuCd=FN05030103)
- Korea Energy Statistics Information System, "Status of Domestic Energy Consumptions, 2015. (http://www.kesis.net/flexapp/KesisFlexApp.jsp)
- M. J. Moran, H. N. Shapiro, D. D. Boettner, and M. B. Bailey, "Fundamentals of Engineering Thermodynamics", John Wiley & Sons, 2010.
- Korea Energy Agency, "Operational Regulations of the Building Energy Efficiency Rating Certification System", 2013.
- Efficiency Valuation Organization (EVO), "International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP), Concepts and Options for Determining Energy and Water Savings", 2012.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, "The Technical Developing Study of Energy Saving BEMS (building energy management system) Package", 2005.
- D. D. Zhu, D. Yan, T. Z. Hong, and C. Wang, "Comparison of Building Energy Simulation Programs: DeST, EnergyPlus and DOE-2", Building Science, 28(2), pp. 218-226, 2012.
- Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy, "A Study of the Industry Energy Efficiency Plan Against Climate Change", 2010.
- M. E. Schmalko, R. O. Morawicki, and L. A. Ramallo, "Simultaneous Determination of Specific Heat Capacity and Thermal Conductivity Using the Finite-difference Method", Journal of Food Engineering, 31(4), pp. 531-540, 1997. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0260-8774(96)00074-X https://doi.org/10.1016/S0260-8774(96)00074-X