- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Night Purge Control Strategies With Outdoor Air Temperature Conditions for Central Cooling System
중앙냉방시스템의 외기온도조건을 고려한 나이트 퍼지 제어방안에 관한 연구
- Hwang, Jin-Won (Dept. of Building Equipment & System Engineering, Graduate School of Gachon University) ;
- Ahn, Byung-Cheon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Gachon University)
- Received : 2015.08.18
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
In this study, the effects of control strategies of night-purge control system on control characteristics and energy consumption for central cooling system in building are researched by simulation. The start time and set-point temperature for night-purge control with outdoor temperature changes and building cold storage performance are obtained. The system analysis modelling is done by using TRNSYS program package, and the control performances with suggested night-purge control method are compared with the existing control ones. As a result, the suggested night-purge control method shows maximum 16.8% and 28.6% energy saving in comparison with existing control method and conventional one without night-purge control, respectively.
- B. C. Ahn, "Optimal Control Algorithm of HVAC system for a DDC controller", Academic lecture of automatic control, pp35-39, 2000.
- Y. D. Kang, "An analysis on the economizer cycle of the building HVAC system in terms of incoming outdoor air ratio", Master Thesis, Yonsei University, 2009.
- M. Y. Kim, Y. I. Kim, "Reduction of Cooling Load using Outdoor Air Cooling", Transactions of the Korea Society of Geothermal Energy Engineers, Vol.7, No.1, pp.51-58, 2011.
- S. M. Lee, "The Range Selection of Outdoor Air Intake Considering the Application Period Extension in Economizer cycle", Master Thesis, Seoul National University, 2011.
- J. W. Hwang, B. C. Ahn, "Effects of Control Methods of Outdoor Air Cooling System on Energy Consumption in Building", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial Cooperation Society, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp.4253-4259, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.4253 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.4253