- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Development of NURBS-Based Pre and Post Processor for Structural Analysis of Free-Shaped Beam
자유형상 보요소 해석을 위한 NURBS기반의 전·후처리 모듈 개발
- Jung, Sung-Jin (Division of Architectural Engineering, Hannam University) ;
- Park, Se-Hee (Division of Architectural Engineering, Hannam University)
- Received : 2015.07.03
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
Recently, the free form buildings are constructed frequently. Exterior and interior components of these buildings have the free cross-section and a curved shape. So, There are many usages of classical finite element having tapered section and free-style shape. Some general commercial applications like ETABS, SAP2000, MIDAS are usually used for the safety evaluation of the free form structures. However, there are some limits in the accuracy of structural analysis and the length of analysis time because a very complicated finite element mesh have to be used. Therefore, In this study, a pre and post program module was developed to take advantage of general 3-D curved beam element which has a free-style curved shape and mathematical backgrounds. Pre-post processing module has been developed in this study was developed to control the curvature of the curved members by the NURBS control points. As a result, fast geometric modeling than was possible commercial applications. In addition, realistic depiction of the shape and behavior patterns were possible because of the free-form building allows visual check of the free form.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Sung-Jin Jung, Min-Sub Lee, Se-Hee Park, "A Development of General 3-D Curved Beam Element for Structural Analysis of Free Form Building", Journal of Architectural Institute of Korea Vol.27, No.8, pp. 65-72, August, 2011.
- K.J. Bathe, Finite Element Procedures. Prentice Hall, 1996.
- Donald Hearn, M. Pauline Baker, Warren R. Carithers, Computer Graphics with OpenGL, Pearson Education Korea, pp.492-522, March, 1999.
- Edward Angel, Dave Shreiner, Interactive Computer Graphics. Hongreung Science Publishing, pp.598-603, 2014.
- Computer and Structures, SAP2000-ANALYSIS REFERENCE. Ver. 6.1
- ADINA ENGINEERING, ADINA-System verification manual. REPORT AE 83-5, June, 1983