- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Characteristics of Lift Fluctuation Power Spectral Density in a Heat Exchanger Tube Array
전열관군에서 양력 변동의 PSD 특성 연구
- Ha, Ji-Soo (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Boo-Youn (Department of Mechanical & Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2015.07.13
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
Heat exchanger tube array in a heat recovery steam generator is exposed to the hot exhaust gas flow and it could cause the flow induced vibration, which could damage the heat exchanger tube array. It is needed to establish the characteristics of flow induced vibration in the tube array for the structural safe operation of the heat exchanger. Several researches for the flow induced vibration of typical heat exchangers had been conducted and the nondimensional PSD(Power Spectral Density) function with the Strouhal number, fD/U, had been derived by experimental method. The present study examined the results of the previous experimental researches for the nondimensional PSD characteristics by CFD analysis and the basis for the application of flow induced vibration to the heat recovery steam generator tube array would be prepared from the present CFD analysis. For the previous mentioned purpose, the present CFD analysis introduced circular cylinder tube array and calculated with the unsteady laminar flow for the tube array. The characteristics of lift fluctuation over the cylinder tube array was investigated. The derived nondimensional PSD was compared with the results of the previous experimental researches and the characteristics of lift PSD for circular cylinder tube array was established from the present CFD study.
- C. Taylor, M.J. Pettigrew, F. Axisa and B. Villard, "Experimental determination of single and two-phase cross flow induced forces on tube raws", Flow Induced Vibration, pp. 31-39, PVP Vol. 104, 1986.
- F. Axisa, J. Antunes, B. Villard and M. Wullschleger, "Random excitation of heat exchanger tubes by cross-flows", Int. ASME Winter Symposium on Low-Induced Vibrations and Noise, CEA-CONF-9744, 1988.
- S.V. Patankar, "Numerical Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow", pp. 126-131, 1980.
- K.B. Lee, B.W. Kim, J.S. Yang, M.K. Kim and S.S. Jang, "A study on flow-induced vibration of tube array in uniform cross flow ( I )", Transactions of the KSME B, pp 924-932, Vol. 117, No. 5, 1982.
- S.S. Chen and J.A. Jendrzejczyk, "Fluid excitation forces acting on square tube array", Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 109/415, 1987. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.3242682 https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3242682
- R.D. Blevins, R. J. Gibert and B. Villard, "Experiment on vibration of heat exchanger tube arrays in cross-flow", Trans. 6th Int. Conf. on Structural Mechanics in Reactor Technology, Paper B6/9, 1981.