- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Comparison of the fit of the coping pattern constructed by manual and CAD/CAM, depending on the margin of the abutment tooth
지대치 변연 형태에 따른 수작업과 CAD/CAM으로 제작한 coping 패턴의 적합도 비교
- Han, Min-soo (Dept. of Dental Laboratory technology, Hyejeon College) ;
- Kwon, Eun-Ja (Dept. of Dental Laboratory technology, Hyejeon College) ;
- Chio, Esther (Dept. of Dental Laboratory technology, Hyejeon College) ;
- Kim, Si-chul (Dept. of Dental Laboratory technology, Hyejeon College)
- Received : 2015.07.01
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
The purpose of this study is to compare the marginal and internal fit of metal and zirconia coping which is fabricated by manual and CAD/CAM(Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing). The model is prepared with Urethane material and two abutment teeth are fabricated with a knife and chamfer margin. Silicon replica technique is used to measure the marginal fit of manually fabricated and the CAD/CAM coping. Internal fitting level is measured with a microscope and the image is captured with a CCD camera. The distance between abutment teeth and coping is measured with a callibrated image analyzer software; marginal opening (MO), marginal gap (MG), internal gap (IG) at maximum curvature area, axial gap (AG), and occlusal gap (OG). Two-way ANOVA test is applied to compare fabrication technique and to analysis of abutment pattern. In addition, one-way ANOVA and Scheffe's test is used to analyze each parameter of the test. The result shows that the fit is <
- J. R. Holmes, S. C. Bayne, G. A. Holland, W. D. Sulik, "Considerations in measurement of marginal fit", J Prosthet Dent, 62:405-408, 1989. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(89)90170-4 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(89)90170-4
- D. A. Felton, B. E. Kanoy, S. C. Bayne, G. P. Wirthman, "Effect of in vivo crown margin discrepancies on periodontal health", J Prosthet Dent, 65:357-364, 1991. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(91)90225-L https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(91)90225-L
- J. Grasso, J. Nalbandian, C. Sanford, H. Bali, "Effect of restoration quality on periodontal health", J Prosthet Dent, 53:14-19, 1985. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(85)90056-3 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(85)90056-3
- C. B. G. Jenkins, R. W. Pillips, "An evalution of five inlay investing techniques employed with different types of wax patterns", J Prosthet Dent, 25:211-220, 1971. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(71)90110-7 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(71)90110-7
- D. C. N. Chan, R. Blackman, D. A. Kaiser, K. Chung, "The effect of sprue design on the marginal accuracy of titanium casting", J Oral Rehabil, 25:424-429, 1998. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2842.1998.00268.x https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2842.1998.00268.x
- J. W. McLean, J. A. Von Fraunhofer, "The estimation of cement film thickness by an invivo technique", J Br Dent, 131:107-111, 1971. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4802708 https://doi.org/10.1038/sj.bdj.4802708
- G. J. Christensen, "Marginal Fit of Gold Castings", J Prosthet Dent, 16:297-305, 1966. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(66)90082-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(66)90082-5
- S. C. Kim, M. S. Han, B. J. Choi, C. J. Lee, H. Lee, "Internal fit of bridge patterns fabricated by a 3D printing technique", J Korea Res Soc Dent Materials, 4:239-244, 2014. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14815/kjdm.2014.41.4.239 https://doi.org/10.14815/kjdm.2014.41.4.239
- D. Rekow, "Dental CAD/CAM systems: A 20-year success story", J Am Dent Assoc, 137: 5S-6S, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2006.0396 https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2006.0396
- J. R. Strub, E. D. Rekow, S. Witkowski, "Computer-aided design and fabrication of dental restorations: current systems and future possibilities", J Am Dent Assoc, 137(9):1289-1296, 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2006.0389 https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2006.0389
- C. E. Besimo, H. P. Spielmann, H. P. Rohner, "Computerassisted generation of all-ceramic crowns and fixed partial dentures", Int J Comput Dent, 4:43-62, 2001.
- K. B. Kim, G. T. Lee, H. Y. Kim, J. H. Kim, "The influence of different gypsum materials on the accuracy from complete arch digital impression", J Dent Hyg Sci, 12:617-623, 2012.
- H. T. Shillingburg, S. Hobo, D. W. Fisher, "Preparation design and margin distortion in porcelain-fused-to-metal restorations", J Prosthet Dent, 29:276-84, 1973. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2006.0389 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(73)90007-3
- J. M. Carter, S. E. Sorensen, R. R. Johnson, R. L. Teitelbaum, M. S. Levine. "Punch shear testing of extracted vital and endodontically treated teeth", J Biomech, 16:841-848, 1983. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(83)90008-8 https://doi.org/10.1016/0021-9290(83)90008-8
- J. A. Sorensen, "A standardized method for determination of crown margin fidelity" J Prosthet Dent, 64:18-24, 1990. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(90)90147-5 https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-3913(90)90147-5
- B. H. Moon, J. H. Yang, S. H. Lee, H. Y. Chung, "A study on the marginal fit of all-ceramic crown using ccd camera" J Kor Acad Prosthodont, 36:273-292, 1998.
- S. Pelekanos, M. Koumanou, S. O. Koutayas, S. Zinelis, G. Eliades, "Micro-CT evaluation of the marginal fit of different In-Ceram alumina copings", Eur J Esthet Dent, 4:278-292, 2009.
- C. J. Lee, S. B. Bok, J. Y. Bae, H. H. Lee, "Comparative adaptation accuracy of acrylic denture bases evaluated by two different methods", Dent Mater J, 29(4):411-417, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4012/dmj.2009-105 https://doi.org/10.4012/dmj.2009-105
- F. Beuer, M. Naumann, W. Gernet, J. Sorensen, "Precision of fit: zirconia three-unit fixed dental prostheses", Clin Oral Investig, 13:343-349, 2009. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00784-008-0224-6 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00784-008-0224-6
- K. J. Anusavice, "Phillips' science of dental materials", 11th ed, pp.565, 2006.
- K. B. Kim, S. H. Kim, J. H. Kim, "Marginal adaptation of zirconium dioxide core according to the abutment teeth", J Dent Hyg Sci, 1:54-59, 2015. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2006.0396 https://doi.org/10.14219/jada.archive.2006.0396