- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
WAVE Packet Transmission Method for Railroad WAVE Communication
철도 WAVE 통신을 위한 WAVE 패킷 전송방법
- Cho, Bong-Kwan (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Ryu, Sang-Hwan (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Keum-Bee (Korea Railroad Research Institute) ;
- Kim, Ronny Yongho (Korea National University of Transportation)
- Received : 2015.06.29
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
In this paper, an efficient Wireless Access in Vehicular Environment (WAVE) packet transmission scheme for railroad communication is proposed. WAVE communication is a wireless local area network (WLAN) based communication and it is developed to be suitable for vehicular communication. There has been a lot of study on WAVE's applicability to Intelligent Transport System (ITS). As one of main transportation methods, by using WAVE, quality of railroad communication including WLAN based Communication Based Train Control (CBTC) can be enhanced and variety of railroad communication systems can be integrated into WAVE. However, there are technical challenges to adopt WAVE in railroad communications. For the simplest single-PHY WAVE, time division alternation of 50ms between Control Channel (CCH) and Service Channel (SCH) is required. Since there are delay sensitive railroad traffic types, alternation operation of CCH and SCH may cause performance degradation. In this paper, after identifying a couple of problems based on detailed analysis, a novel packet transmission scheme under railroad environment is proposed. In order to verify if the proposed scheme meets the requirement of railroad communication, WAVE transmission is mathematically modeled.
Supported by : 한국철도기술연구원
- IEEE Std 1609.1-2006-IEEE Trial-Use Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)-Resource Manager, 13 Oct 2006. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IEEESTD.2006.246485
- IEEE Std 1609.2-2013-IEEE Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments-Security Services for Applications and Management Messages, 26 Apr 2013.
- IEEE Std 1609.3-2010-IEEE Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)-Networking Services, 30 Dec 2010
- IEEE Std 1609.4-2010-IEEE Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments (WAVE)-Multi-channel Operation, 7 Feb 2011.
- IEEE 802.11p-2010-Wireless LAN Medium Access Control(MAC) and Physical Layer (PHY) Specifications Amendment 6: Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments, IEEE Standards Association, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/IEEESTD.2010.5514475
- DSRC Implementation Guide-A guide to users of SAE J2735 message sets over DSRC. SAE International, 2010
- IEEE Std 1609.11-2010-IEEE Standard for Wireless Access in Vehicular Environments-Over-the-Air Electronic Payment Data Exchange Protocol for Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), 9 Jan 2011.
- W. Fehr, "IntelliDriveSM Program Overview", Transpo 2010, 13 Dec. 2010.
- Bianchi, G., Performance analysis of the IEEE 802.11 distributed coordination function, IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun., 18, 535-547, 2000 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/49.840210 https://doi.org/10.1109/49.840210
- Wu, H., Peng, Y., Long, K., Cheng, S., and Ma, J., Performance of reliable transport protocol over IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN: analysis and enhancement, in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2002., 599-607. 2002
- Kwak, B.-J., Song, N.-O., and Miller, L. E., Performance analysis of exponential backoff, IEEE/ACM Trans. Networking. 13, 343-355, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2005.845533 https://doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2005.845533
- Kumar, A., Altman, E., Miorandi, D., and Goyal, M., New insights from a fixed point analysis of single cell IEEE 802.11 WLANs, in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2005. 1550-1561. 2005 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/infcom.2005.1498438 https://doi.org/10.1109/infcom.2005.1498438
- Sakurai, T., and Vu, H. L., MAC Access Delay of IEEE 802.11 DCF. Wireless Communication, 6, 1702-1710. 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2007.360372 https://doi.org/10.1109/TWC.2007.360372
- Performance Verification of WAVE Communication Technology for Railway Application vol.19, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.4.456