- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Vocational Competency Constituents Affecting the Professionalism of Dental Hygienists
치과위생사의 전문직업성에 영향을 미치는 직업기초능력요소
- Yang, Seung-Kyeong (Department of Dental Hygiene, Suseong College)
- 양승경 (수성대학교 치위생과)
- Received : 2015.08.21
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
The purpose of this study was to examine the constituents of vocational competency affecting the professionalism of dental hygienists. The subjects in this study were 230 dental hygienists who worked in university hospitals, dental hospitals, dental clinics and public dental clinics. A survey was conducted from December, 2013, to February, 2014. To assess their vocational competency and professionalism by general characteristics, one-way ANOVA and t-test were utilized, and the level of significance was set at p<0.05. To determine what elements of vocational competency affected their professionalism, multiple regression analysis was made, and standardized regression coefficients were calculated to represent the influence of the elements. As a result, it's found that the professionalism of the dental hygienists were under the influence of their self-development skills, organizational understanding and mathematical ability. To foster self-development skills, discussion method should be utilized, and team teaching should be used to improve organizational understanding. Besides, internship and on-the-job training should be managed in a more systematic way.
- R. H. Hall, "Professionalization and bureaucratization", Am. Social Rev, Vol.33, No1, pp.92-104, 1968. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2307/2092242 https://doi.org/10.2307/2092242
- S. J. Kim, "The factors affecting the Belief in Public Service and Passion of trainee in long-term care training program", pp.1-3, The Graduate School of Ewha Womans University, 2008.
- S. K. Yang, "Curriculum Components Affecting the Professionalism of Dental Hygienists", The Journal of Dental hygiene Science, Vol.11, No.5, pp.455-462, 2011.
- The Federation of Korean Industries, "University research organizations wishes curriculum and its Utilization", Korea Federation of Korean Industries, 2003.
- J. H. Park, J. P. Lee, Y. H. Park, "A Study on the Needs Assessment of Key Competencies from Indusries for Graduates of Korea Polytechnic Colleges", The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol.32, No.1, pp.83-105, 2013.
- D. Y. Park, D. S. Park, Y. K. Jung, "Professional diagnostic tool based on the ability of wellhead women college students develop and standardize research", pp.1-4, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training, 2000.
- J. P. Lee, Y. H. Park, S. Y. Hong, S. I. Na, B. W. Lee, "Adult basic skills in vocational programs Survey. Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training", pp.1-23, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training, 2004.
- E. Y, D. S. Choi, J. H. Choi, E. J. O, "Adult basic skills of professional research-OECD ALL Project in the center", pp.1-2, Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training, 2004.
- M. S. Jin, S. Y. Lee, C. G. Chae, H. G. Yoo, "Occupation university student selection and assessment questions based on diagnostic research and development capabilities", p.1, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training, 2007.
- C. Y. Jyung, W. S. Seo, S. I. Na, B. K. Song, K. J. Kang, "Strengthening Strategies of Key Competencies Needed for the Workforce through Elementary and Secondary Education", The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol.19, No.2, pp.1-22, 2000.
- D. I. Lee, H. S. Kim, D. G. Kim, "A Implement at ion Scheme for Certification of Key S kills", p.25, Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education and Training, 2000.
- S. I. Na, S. M. Jang, W. S. Seo, J. M. Kim, S. Lee, "Identifying Key Competencies Needed for the Industry Workforce in Korea ", Agricultural Education and Human Resource Development, Vol.36, No.4, pp.139-158, 2004.
- J. Field, T. Schuller, "Networks, norms and trust: explaining patterns of lifelong learning in Scotland and Northern Ireland, Coffield, F.(ed). Differing visions of a learning society", Bristol: The Policy Press, 2000
- C. Y. Jyung, W. S. Seo, K. S. Lee, D. S. Choi, "Status and Directions for the Development of Agricultural College Students' Vocational Key Competencies", Korea Agricultural Education Association, Vol.33, No.2, pp.1-22, 2000
- S. Y. Park, J. H. Bae, A. Y. Eom, Y. N. Cha, K. K. Kim, J. H. Sim, "Development of University Students' Key Competency Improvement Program Based on Field Demanding Analysis in Nursing and Social Welfare", The Journal of Korean academic society of nursing education, Vol.16, No.2, pp.272-282, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.2.272 https://doi.org/10.5977/JKASNE.2010.16.2.272
- K. S. Ahn, Y. S. Choi, Y. M. Lee, "A Study on degree of the Educational need for the Key Competencies of Technical high school students perceived by Teacher", The Korean Journal Technology Education, Vol.7, No.3, pp.31-47, 2007
- S. H. Woo, H. K. Yim, S. G. O, J. S. Kim, "Key Competencies Level of Students Recognized by Specialized Subjects Teachers in Industrial High School", Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education, Vol.24, No.3, pp.69-98, 2005.
- S. Y. Kwon, M. S. Kim, Y. S. Han, "Relationship between personality characteristics and self-leadership, and the influence of self-leadership on performance and life satisfaction among college students", The Korean Psychological Association, pp.140-141, 2009.
- A. K. Kim, "The Formative Factors and the Economic Effects of the Basic Job Skills in Korea", Journal of Labor Economics, Vol.30, No.1, pp.85-108, 2007
- E. Lim, "Korean Adult Skills and Related Factors", Journal of Employment and Skills Development, Vol.9, No.1, pp.1-24, 2006.
- K. J. Kang, G. N. Lee, "Study on the Development of General Education for cultiviating Junior College Students' Key Competencies", The Journal of Vocational Education Research, Vol.22, No.1, pp.79-113, 2003.
- H. J. Joo, "Liberal Curriculum Design Methodology Using NCS vocational basic skills", pp.373-382, Korea Institute of General Education Conference Kit, 2014.
- Y. K. Yang, W. H. Chung, "Research in the direction of the reform of the liberal arts based on the NCS professional basic ability", Korean Journal of General Education Vol.8, No.4, pp.45-68, 2014.
- Y. K. Yang, W. H. Chung, "A Study on the Reorganization of the Liberal Arts Curriculum, based on the NCS Professional Basic Ability and the Industry Demand for Liberal Arts Education-Focusing on the Case of D University", Korean Journal of General Education, Vol.9, No.2, pp.35-65, 2014.
- C. Y. Jyung, S. I. Na, J. W. Kim, S. J. Jang, Y. J. Heo, "The Education Strategy for Key Competencies Development in Colleges-In Case of Woosung", Korea College Education Research Conference, Vol.3, No.4, pp.825-852, 2002.
- K. S. Jung, Y. S. Jang, "Plans Improving the Employability of Universty Student by Developing Basic Job Skills-Duksung Women's University", Social Sciences. Vol. 15, No.1, pp.109-139, 2008.