- Volume 16 Issue 10
DOI QR Code
Magnetic analysis of a finite solenoid
유한 솔레노이드의 자속밀도 해석
- Lee, Ju-Hee (Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Hwang, Seon (Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University) ;
- Lee, Dong-Yeon (Mechanical Engineering, Yeungnam University)
- Received : 2015.06.12
- Accepted : 2015.10.08
- Published : 2015.10.31
In this paper, the theoretical analysis for a solenoid with a finite length was verified by the finite element simulation. The solenoids are widely being used in the field of mechanical, industrial, medical industry due to their simple structure and fast responses. Solenoid actuators use an electromagnetic force. A magnetic field is formed around the solenoid coil when a current is applied. The magnetic force generated by the magnetic field enables an inside plunger to move linearly. The axial and radial magnetic fields (magnetic flux density, B) at a certain point were calculated from the Biot-Savart's law and compared with the simulation analysis from the ANSYS-Magnetostatic S/W. Comparison result, an error exists in the error range, and could therefore verify the accuracy.
- S. B. Lee, S. H. Baek, Y. S. Kwon, E. D. Ro, C. H. Lee, "Optimization of Solenoid Valve Using Compromise Decision Support Problems", KSAE 2011 Annual Conference, pp. 976-981, 2011.
- I. S. Jung, J. H, S. B. Yoon, D. S. Hyun, "A Study on the Shape Optimization of Solenoid Actuator", Trans. of KIEE, vol 47, pp. 1325-1330, 1998.
- G. B. Oriol, G. A. Samuel, S. A. Antoni, M. M. Daniel, F. C. L., "Linear elctromagnetic actuator modeling for optimization of mechatronic and adaptronic systems", Mechatronics 17, pp. 153-163, 2007. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2006.07.002 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechatronics.2006.07.002
- J. Yoo, H.-J. Soh, "An optimal design of magnetic actuators using topopgy optimization and the response surface method", Microsyst Technol, pp. 1252-1261, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00542-005-0610-9 https://doi.org/10.1007/s00542-005-0610-9
- S. N. Yun, "Design of Proportional Solenoid Actuator using Maxwell CAE Software", (Journal of Drive and Control, pp. 32-36, 2012.
- R. Ravaud, G. Lemarquand, S. Babic, V. Lemarquand, C. Akyel, "Cylindrical Magnets and Coils:Fields, Forces, and Inductances", IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, vol 46, pp. 3585-3590, 2010. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2049026 https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2010.2049026
- R. Will, C. Ben, Z. Anthony, "A Simplofied Force Equation for Coaxial Cylindrical Magnets and Thin Coils", IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, vol 47, pp. 2045-2049, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2129524 https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2011.2129524
- R. Will, C. Ben, Z. Anthony, "Axial Force Between a Thick Coil and a Cylindrical Permanent Magnet : Optimizing the Geometry of an Electromagnetic Actuator", IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, vol 48, pp. 2479-2487, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2194789 https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2012.2194789
- S. I. Babic, C. Akyel, "Magnetic Force Calculation Between Thin Coaxial Circular Coils in Air", IEEE Transaction on Magnetics, vol 44, pp. 445-452, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.915292 https://doi.org/10.1109/TMAG.2007.915292
- Timothy H. Boyer, "Classical Electromagnetic Interaction og a Charged Particle with a Constant-Curent Solenoid", Physical review D, vol. 8, pp. 1667-1678, 1973. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevD.8.1667 https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevD.8.1667