- Volume 16 Issue 8
DOI QR Code
A Relevance on Health Perception, Health Knowledge and Health Promotion Behavior of the University students
대학생의 건강지각, 건강지식 및 건강증진행위와의 관련성
- Received : 2015.06.25
- Accepted : 2015.08.06
- Published : 2015.08.31
This study is a exploratory study to examine the health perception, health knowledge and health promotion behavior of university students, and relations among the factors. The subjects for this study were 235 university students at D metropolitan city and J province. Data were collected from September 1 to October 30, 2014 using self-report questionnaires which was changed to match the Korean tool. Data analyzed by frequency, percentage, mean, standard deviation, t-test, ANOVA, Pearsons correlation and multiple regression using the IBM SPSS Statistics 22. The mean level of health perception was
Health Knowledge;Health Perception;Health Promotion Behavior
- Statistics Korea. (2013). 2012 life tables for Korea. Retrieved December 20, 2013, from http://www.index.go.kr/egams/stts/jsp/potal/stts/PO_STTS _IdxMain.jsp?idx_cd=2758
- Korean Academy of Management Medicine. (2013). 2013 biological age Retrieved January 20, 2014 from http://kaama.net/sub_01_01.html.
- Y. H. Chung, N. S. Seo, S. H. Moon, "Related Factors in Health Promotion Behavior by Gender among College Students", The Journal of Korean Society for School Health Education, Vol.12, No.2, pp. 29-42, 2011.
- B. S. Na, W. K. Kim, M. S. Park, W. K. Kim, "Difference in health promoting behaviors according to socio-demographic characteristics and subjective health status of college students", Vol.19, No.2, pp. 969-977, 2010.
- N. Teiji, "The integration of school nutrition program into health promotion and prevention of lifestyle-related diseases in Japan", Asia Practice Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol.17, No.1, pp. 349-351, 2008.
- American College Health Association, Healthy campus 2013. from http://www.acha-ncha.org/docs/ACHANCHA- II_ReferenceGroup_ExecutiveSummary _Spring2013.pdf
- Y. B. Kim, "An Analysis on the Change of Health status, Health Behavior, and Influencing factors Among American College and University Students", Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol.27, No.4, pp. 153-163. 2010.
- Y. B. Kim, Ch. M. Park, H. H. Kim, Ch. H. Han, "Health Behavior and Utilization of University Health Clinics", The Journal of Korean Society for School Health Education, Vol.13, No.6, pp. 31-43, 2010.
- C. N. Wei, K. Harada, K. Ueda, K. Fukumoto, K. Minomoto, "Assessment of health-promoting lifestyle profile in Japanese university students", Environmental and Preventive Medicine, Vol.17, pp. 222-227, 2012. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12199-011-0244-8 https://doi.org/10.1007/s12199-011-0244-8
- N. H. Yang, S. Y. Moon, "The Impact of Health status, Health Promoting Behaviors, and Social Problem Ability on College Adjustment among Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 33-24, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.33 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.33
- H. J. Kwon, M. S. Jeon, H. Y. Kim, M. Y. Ham, M. S. Yoon, "Public Health College Students' health Promoting Behaviors according to Enneagram Personality Type", Journal of Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol.11, No.5, pp. 2487-2499. 2012.
- H. J. Yang, "The Influence of the Health Promotion Behavior for the Healthy Lifestyle Knowledge of the Elderly", Wonkwang University, Doctoral's Thesis, 2011.
- E. A. Sule, S. Lerman, K. Ukke, S. Necmiye, "Change in the health promoting lifestyle behaviour of Turkishh University nursing students from beginning to end of nurse training", Nurse Education in Practice, Vol.8, pp. 382-388, 2008. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2008.03.010 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2008.03.010
- J. Klwn-Hessling, A. Lohaus, J. Ball, "Pshychological predictors of health-related behavior in children', Psychology, Health & Medicine, Vol.10, No.1, pp. 31-43, 2005. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13548500512331315343 https://doi.org/10.1080/13548500512331315343
- S. H. Hong, "The Relationship between Perceived Health Status and Health Promoting Behaviors among Nursing Students", Journal Korean Academic Society Nursing Education, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 78-86, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.78 https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2013.19.1.78
- H. Kim, "Stress and health Promotion Behavior, Coping Style of University students", Korean Parent Child Health Journal, Vol.15, No.20, pp. 89-94, 2012.
- M. S. Kwon, K. H. Kang, H. R. Cho, "The Effects of Health Education on Health Promoting Behavior, Body-image, and Self-efficacy of Female and Male College Students", Journal of Military Nursing Research, Vol.30, No.2, pp. 82-92, 2012.
- I. S. Park, R. Kim, M. H. Park, "A Study of Factors Influencing Health Promoting Behaviors in Nursing Students", The Journal of Korean academic society of Nursing Education, Vol.13, No.2, pp. 203-211, 2007
- H. S. Yoon, "The Study of Health Promotion Behavior of Nursing College Student by the Self-Esteem", The Journal of Korean society for School Health Nursing, Vol.11, No,2, pp. 115-127, 2010.
- M. Y. Chon, M. H. Kim, C. M. Cho, "Predictors of health promoting lifestyles in Korean undergraduates students", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 1-13, 2002.
- E. J. Jo, "An analysis of the effectiveness of the K-WIFY model in participatory health promotion education for university students", Kosin University, Doctoral's Thesis, 2004.
- J. Bryer, F. Cherkis, J. Raman, "Health Promotion Behaviors of Undergraduate Nursing Students : A Survey Analysis", Nursing Education Perspectives, Vol.34, No.6, pp. 410-415, 2013. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5480/11-614 https://doi.org/10.5480/11-614
- D. Healy, P. Mc. "Sherry, Promoting self awareness in undergraduate nursing students in relation to their health status and personal behaviors", Nurse Education in Practice, Vol.11, pp. 228-223, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2010.10.009 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nepr.2010.10.009
- S. N. Walker, K. R. Sechrist, N. J. Pender, "The health-promotion lifestyle profile : development and psychometric characteristic", Nursing, Science, Vol.36, No.2. pp. 730-742, 1987.
- Y. Y. Seo, "Health Promoting Lifestyle, hardiness and Gender Role Characteristics in Middle-Aged Women", Korean journal of women health nursing, Vol.2, No.1, pp. 119-134, 1996.
- J. E. Ware, "Health perception questionnaire Instruments for measuring nursing practice and other care variables. Hyattsville, Maryland: DHEW Publication, 158-161, 1979.
- J. S. Yoo, Ch. J. Kim, J. W. Park, "A Study of the Correlation Between Health Perception, Health Behavior, and Health Status of Adolescents, Yonsei collection treatises, Vol,21. pp,169-187, 1985.
- K. Y. Ha, "Effect of health education on knowledge and behavior for elderly in welfare facilities", Ewha University, Master's Thesis, 2005.
- Y. B. Kim, "An Examination of the Current Health of University students and a systematic Approach to a Health Campus", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol.28, No.5, pp. 1-16, 2011.
- B. K. Kim, M. S. Jung, Ch. H. Han, "Health Promoting Behavior of University Students and Related Factors", Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 59-85, 2002.
- J. S. Kim, H. S. Park, Y. H. Kim, D. H. Kim, X. L. Jin, "Gender Difference in Health Promoting Lifestyles among Chinese University Students in Korea", Journal of Korean Data Analysis Society, Vol.13, No.6, pp. 3059-3072, 2011.
- H. G. Hwang, "Factors Affecting University Students' Health Promotion Behavior", Daegu Haany University, Master's Thesis, 2008.
- J, H. Kim, "A Study on Factors Relation to Health Promotion Behavior in College Students", Injae University, Master's Thesis, 2006.
- Y. J. Park, K. S. Oh, S. J. Lee, J. A. Kim, S. E. Lee, "Social Support, Stressful Life Events, and Health Behaviors of Korean Undergraduate Students", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol.32, No.6, pp. 792-802, 2002. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2002.32.6.792
- Influence on Health Promotion Behavior among Government-funded Research Institute's Employee according to Perceptive Health Status and Social Support vol.24, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5807/kjohn.2015.24.4.270