- Volume 6 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
An empirical study of the Strategy Development and Deployment effects on the Hospital Management and Hospital Performance
병원전략의 수립과 전개가 병원의 경영과 병원의 성과에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구
- Moon, Jae-Young (Division of Business, Dongseo University)
- 문재영 (동서대학교 경영학부)
- Received : 2015.10.08
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.31
The objective of this research is to find out how strategy development and deployment effect on patients satisfaction, employee satisfaction, and work process in Korean hospitals. Previous researches suggested when establish a strategy had to reflect internal ability which are work process, employee satisfaction and others and external ability which are patients satisfaction and others. As a results, strategy development positive influence on patients satisfaction, employee satisfaction and work process, and strategy deployment positive influence on patients satisfaction, employee satisfaction and work process as well. Patients satisfaction positive influence on hospital performance and work process influence on hospital performance but employee satisfaction is not.
Hospital Strategy;Strategy Deployment;Strategy Development;Employee Satisfaction;Hospital Work Process;Hospital Performance
Supported by : 동서대학교
- D. E. Schendel & C. W. Hofer, "Strategic management", Boston: Little Brown. 1979.
- A. D. Chandler, "Strategy and Structure :Chapters in the History of the Industrial Enterprise", Cambridge: M.I.T.Press. 1962.
- P. E. Poter, "Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industires and competitions", New Yok: Free Press. 1980.
- R. Schroeder, G. S. Mayer, and M. J. Rungtusanatham, "Operation Management: Contemporary Concepts and Cases(5th edition). New York. 2011.
- Young-Hoon Kim, Hyo-Jeong Kim, Han-Sung Kim, and Jung-Sik Woo, "Evaluation on Perception, Elements and Quality of Business Strategy in Domestic Hospitals", Korea Management Science, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 181-196, 2012.
- D. Hambrick and J. Fredrickson, "Are you sure you have a strategy," Academy of management executive, Vol. 15, No. 4, 2001.
- Jae-Young Moon, Sang-Chul Lee, Park Yong-Seung, and Yung-Ho Suh, "A study on the causal relationships in the Korean National Quality Award model", Total Quality Management & Business Excellence, Vol. 22, No. 7, pp. 705-726, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1080/14783363.2011.585767
- K. Obeng and I. Ugboro, "Effective strategic planning in public transit systems", Transportation Research, Part E 44, pp. 420-439, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tre.2006.10.008
- J. M. Rudd, G. E. Greenley, A. T. Beatson, I. N. Lings, "Strategic planning and performance: Extending the debate", Journal of Business Research, Vol. 61, pp. 99-108, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbusres.2007.06.014
- R. C. Miles, S. D. Meyer, and J. Henry, "Organizational strategy, structure and process", McGraw-Hill, New York, 1978.
- Sung-Tak Kwon, "A study on the Effects of Strategy, Competencies, Oragnizational Structure and Their Interactions on the Performance of Hospitals". Ph.D. dissertation, The Graduate School of Department of Public Health, Yonsei University, 2003
- T. Peters, "Facing up to the need for a management revolution." Sloan Management Review, Vol. 13. No. 4, pp. 7-37, 1988.
- D. M. Lascelles, and B. G. Dale, "A review of the issue involved in quality improvement", International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, Vol. 5, pp. 76-94.
- S. S. Rao, L. E. Solis, and T. S. Raghunathan, "A framework for international quality management research: Development and validation of a measurement instrument", Total Quality Management, Vol. 10. No. 7, pp. 1047-1075, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/0954412997226
- Yang-Kyun Kim and Chul-Ho Cho, "A Study on Medical Service Quality affecting Value of Care and Patient Satisfaction", Korean J Health Policy Admin, Vol. 16. No. 1, pp. 117-139, 2006.
- R. P. Bagozzi and Y. Yi, "On the evaluation of structural equation models", Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 74-94, 1998.
- J. B. Barney, "Looking inside for competitive advantage", Academy of Management Executive, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 49-61, 1995.
- S. M. Shortell, "Healthcare Management-Organization Design and Behavior(4th ed.)", NY: delmar Publishers, 2000.