- Volume 13 Issue 12
DOI QR Code
The Effect of walking exercise on the improvement of housewives' Self-esteem, Stress, Depression in terms of convergence
주부의 걷기운동 참여가 융복합차원에서 자아존중감과 스트레스 및 우울증개선에 미치는 영향
- Kim, Hae-Mi (Dept. of Special Physical Education, Joongbu University)
- 김해미 (중부대학교)
- Received : 2015.10.20
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2015.12.28
This study aims to investigate the effect of walking exercise on the improvement of housewives' Self-esteem, Stress, or Depression. Among 35-45 year-old housewives 24 subjects were divided into experimental and control groups of 12. Total of 45 experiments on walking exercise program were conducted three times a week, for 15 weeks, lasted over 30 min to 10,000 steps. The result is as follows. About the improvement of Self-esteem, Stress, Depression, there was significant difference of not only the main effect between the groups but also the main effect between prior and post. And there was significant difference of the interaction effects between groups and periods. From the results, we can know walking exercise have a positive effect on the improvement of Self-esteem, Stress, or Depression for housewives of no sustained exercise. As regular physical activity, regarding convergence, is good for emotional development, we suggest housewives may have to join in physical activities consistently.
- World Health Organization. 2008. The global burden of disease. 2004.
- S. K. Kim, Psychopathological, Stress Characteristics and Outcomes of Housewife Depression. The Korean Journal of Psychopathology, Vol 15, No 1,2, pp. 45-54, 2006.
- Trzesniewski, K, H., Donnellan, M, B., & Robins, R, W. Stability of self-esteem across the life span. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol. 84, No. 1, pp. 205-220, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35184.108.40.206
- K. S. Han, P. S. Lee, Y. M. Lee, Influencing Factors on Symptoms of Stress of Middle Aged Women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 30, No. 6, pp. 1427-1436, 2000. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2000.30.6.1427
- Martisen, E. W. Benefits of exercise for the tretment of depression. Sport Medicine, 9, pp. 380-389. 1990. https://doi.org/10.2165/00007256-199009060-00006
- K. Y. Lee, W. Shin, M. J. Ji, Health Promotion Research and the Development of a Walking Exercise Program. J. Basic Sciences Vol. 31, pp. 93-106, 2014.
- B. C. Choi, A. W. Pak., J. C. Choi, E. C. Choi, Daily step goal of 10,000 steps: a literature review, Clinical and Invertigative Medicine, 30(3), pp. 46-51. 2007.
- K. J. Ko, The effects of walking exercise program on metabolic syndrome factors in elderly women. Journal of Physical Education, vol, 10, No. 1, pp. 81-91, 2015.
- H. M. Jang, H. S. Kang, The Relationship between Social and Spiritual Healths according to Walking Trainees' Participation Patterns. The Korea Journal of Sport, Vol. 10, No. 3, pp. 15-23, 2012.
- W. C. Bake, S. K. Kim, The Causal Analysis of Relationship among Women's Sport Participation Variables, Self-Esteem and Subjective Well-being. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, Vol. 43, No. 6, pp. 249-260, 2004.
- M. S. Kim, S. H. Kim, S. H. Lee, Effects of walking exercise for wellness convergence in the digital age - Based on physical activity. The Society of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 365-374, 2015.
- S. K. Kim, W. J. Jung, K. Y. Kim, Y. Y. Choi, The Effects of Physical Self-concept of Walk Exercise Participant on Life Satisfaction. Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies Vol, 39 No, 2, pp. 823-835, 2010.
- P. H. Kim, S. B. Ju, J. H. Choo, The body image of women participants in the convergence Walking impact on the psychological dimension happiness from the interdisciplinary perspective. The Society of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 317-325, 2015.
- S. Y. Park, Associations with Physical Activity, Chronic Disease, Depression, and Health-Related Quality of Life. Korean Journal of Sport Science, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 249-258, 2014. https://doi.org/10.24985/kjss.2014.25.2.249
- I. H. Baek, B. J. Kim, K. H. Park, The Effect of Circuit Class Training on the Synthesis of Central Serotonin in People with Post-stroke Depression. Journal of The Korean Society of Physical Medicine, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 451-458, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13066/kspm.2012.7.4.451
- Hudson, W. W., The WALMYR Assessment Scales Scoring Manual. Tallahassee, FL: walmyr Publishing Co. 1997.
- J. S. Lee, K. O. Yang, The Clinical intervention research model for community mental health promotion. Korean Journal of Social Welfare, Vol. 30, pp. 165-198, 1996.
- Y. H. Sin, The Collective effectiveness of social work practice for raising ability of the abused wife. MS. Dissertation, Seoul National University, 1999.
- Cohen, S. Kamarck, T. & Mermelstein, R. A global measure of perceived stress, Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 24, pp. 385-396. 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/2136404
- P. S. Lee, Correlational Study among Anger, Perceived Stress and Mental Health Status in Middle Aged Women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 33, No. 6, pp. 856-864, 2003. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2003.33.6.856
- W. H. Lee, C. J. Kim, The Relationship between Depression, Perceived Stress, Fatigue and Anger in Clinical Nurses. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Vol. 36, No. 6, pp. 925-932, 2006. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2006.36.6.925
- H. O. Kim, Y. J. Koo, E. A. Park, The influence on mental health of college students by their perceived stress, stress coping, perfectionism, and self esteem. The Society of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp. 257-266, 2015.
- W. K. Zung, A Self-Rating Depression Scale. chieves of General Psychiatry, 12, pp. 63-79. 1965. https://doi.org/10.1001/archpsyc.1965.01720310065008
- W. K. Park, The Study on Depression and stress are perceived hemiplegia due to stroke. MS. Dissertation. Ewha Womans University. 1988.
- S. J. Jo, Y. B. Kim, H. W. Yim, Y. M. Park, W. C. Lee. Internet Users' Intention to Participate in Preventive Program of Depression. Korean Journal of Health Education and Promotion, Vol. 24 No. 1, pp. 1-16, 2007.
- Y. S. Yook, The Influence of Combined Healing Exercise Program on Anxiety, Depression and Quality of Life of Depressed Patients. Korean Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol. 23, No. 4, pp. 253-273, 2012.
- I. H. Kim, Exercise Therapy and Mental Health for Stress Management. The Korean Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing Academic Society, Vol 9, No 3, pp. 328-344, 2000.
- G. Y. Kwon, K. L. Han, The Effect of Participating Yoga of Married Women on Interpersonal Competence and Life Stress. Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 101-114, 2012.
- Y. G. Huh, W. S. Jung, M. G. Lee, Effects of a 13-week outdoor group walking exercise on depression and its' related variables in elderly women. Korean Journal of Sports Science, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp. 1351-1364, 2014.
- S. R. Cho, H. I. Cho, Y. H. So, The Influence of Health Belief on Quality of Sleep and Happiness Index according to Exercise Participation in Middle-aged Women, Journal of Korean Physical Education Association for Girls and Women, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 45-61, 2013.
- Y. O. Park, H. M. Heo, An Analysis on Monetary Value of Physical.Mental Health Effect and Psychological Happiness Followed by Participation Variables of Sports Activities, Korean Journal of Sociology of Sport, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 443-461, 2008. https://doi.org/10.22173/jksss.2008.21.2.443
- Comparison of Effects of Oral Health Program and Walking Exercise Program on Health Outcomes for Pregnant Women vol.48, pp.5, 2018, https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2018.48.5.506